Seller did not deliver required work

allya4

Hello, can you anyone help with this issue please? 

I have placed an order for 15,000 words and shared reference papers with the seller. The project timelines was in one month. However, the seller did not contact till days before the due date, regardless of number of times me asking to see updates and asking whether everything is clear about the topic. He kept saying "yes all clear, will send you soon". He submitted 15,000 words completely irrelevant about the topic. He used his own papers and wrote his own understanding of the topic. After opening a ticket to customer service, they are stating that the work is delivered. So, I went and highlighted every line he wrote and how nothing makes sense and its not what I requested. It seems like customer service did not take the time to look into the submitted work and suggest I reach out to the seller for revision. In which I said, I have reached out and he again submitted 2,000 words of non-sense. He doesn't seem to be familiar with the topic and writes in a rush just to reach the word count. Not to mention, a whole page is plagiarised and some sections he obviously used automated paraphrasing tool and I'm guessing that's why nothing of what he wrote makes sense. 

I do not know what else to do. I'm thinking to take a legal action in my country as customer support is not thoroughly looking into this matter. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 2

Dude I am new to fiverr so do not have an advice for you, just wanted to say that was slimy of the buyer to do that. 

I hope you get a response from fiverr man, cause the way your captions leads you got someone who wad using slimy tactics to get you to do the work and got out on a technicality. 

• Like 10

Instead of wasting further time, I would suggest you to cancel order with this seller and find some other seller who can do more quickly. Legal actions may take too much time for this and might end up with nothing. You can just submit ticket to fiverr support and they will definitely do their best.

• Like 10
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

You should cancel the order, if the seller refuses, ask CS to cancel the order. Tell them you've gotten several revisions and you're not getting the work you paid for. 

I would never trust anyone with a 15,000-word project unless I know them. I can't imagine how much time it takes to write 15,000 words, all the research, rewriting, editing, copying and pasting, I'd love to hear from writers that do this. 

How much did you pay this seller?  

• Like 12

I agree you should probably just cancel the order -- through CS if necessary -- and absolutely report them for plagiarism, etc.

Milestone orders are a good way to protect both buyers and sellers to a degree. You can okay each chunk of a large order as it progresses and pay for only the parts completed properly. I use them semi-frequently on large orders.

• Like 9
  • Up 4

This was not academic work, I hope...?

15k words sounds like a thesis or dissertation length to me since that's way too long for an article and too short for a book of any use whatsoever.

And 'reference papers' also sounded academic.

If it's academic, you're very lucky Customer Support did not understand. 😶

• Like 12

On 5/21/2022 at 2:26 PM, fastcopywriter said:

You should cancel the order, if the seller refuses, ask CS to cancel the order. Tell them you've gotten several revisions and you're not getting the work you paid for. 

I would never trust anyone with a 15,000-word project unless I know them. I can't imagine how much time it takes to write 15,000 words, all the research, rewriting, editing, copying and pasting, I'd love to hear from writers that do this. 

How much did you pay this seller?  

I do (or used to do) a repeating order for 25,000 words. It was $750 and 10 day delivery. Realistically, it was only 5-7 days work, as the 10 day delivery included a weekend. It was 25 posts, each one is 1000 words. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, poshlulla said:

I do (or used to do) a repeating order for 25,000 words. It was $750 and 10 day delivery. Realistically, it was only 5-7 days work, as the 10 day delivery included a weekend. It was 25 posts, each one is 1000 words. 

Did you ever have to issue a refund? It sounds like a great deal while it lasted. I’d also be worried about chargebacks, people who use PayPal to avoid paying. The good news is Fiverr bans those people from the platform, I think.

• Like 8
  • Up 1

1 minute ago, fastcopywriter said:

Did you ever have to issue a refund? It sounds like a great deal while it lasted. I’d also be worried about chargebacks, people who use PayPal to avoid paying. The good news is Fiverr bans those people from the platform, I think.

No, never a refund or a charge back. It was a single, long term client who ordered on a regular basis. She represented an agency and would bulk order her clients blog posts. It ended because I took a LOA for an illness and she hired full time, in house, to do the work. I was very sorry to lose her.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 5/21/2022 at 8:26 PM, fastcopywriter said:

I can't imagine how much time it takes to write 15,000 words, all the research, rewriting, editing, copying and pasting, I'd love to hear from writers that do this

I also prefer to break longer projects up into smaller pieces, but on a good day, I write 5-7k words. The 20k word project I'm finishing up took me about a month or so (however, a lot of it was planning/outlining as I was given completely creative freedom.) 

All in all, the project cost the buyer $1700 (it would be $1200 just for the words themselves.) However, that is creative writing, not articles/copy/etc. 

I can't imagine writing a single page of non-fiction though, let alone 15k words! 

On 5/20/2022 at 2:30 AM, allya4 said:

I do not know what else to do. I'm thinking to take a legal action in my country as customer support is not thoroughly looking into this matter. Any suggestions?

I do agree though, that when you order such a huge project, it's best to do a quick test (I always offer a test order, max. 500 words.) I feel like if CS is saying that the seller completed the order, the only way you can 'win' this is to persist. When looking at writers' profiles, it's very important not to miss any red flags as it's very easy to pretend to be a good writer!

• Like 8
  • Up 1

On 5/22/2022 at 2:34 AM, imagination7413 said:

You might want to reread the details. The OP is the Buyer, and the Seller is who didn't hold up their end of the contract.

I took your suggestion, I was wrong and I replied earlier in haste. 

Looking back I see the mistake now I take back what I said initially. 

Thanks for gently pointing it out 😇👍

• Like 5
  • Up 1