New Sellers no longer being promoted?

silas3d

Hello, I've been doing a lot of research in the algorithm of Fiverr to see what causes you to be on the first page vs sometimes not even showing at all. I keep running across people saying that new sellers get a boost so they can get views and a few gigs so they aren't lost in the void. Has this been removed or something? I made my gig a week and a half ago and there are a total of 4 impressions of it. In order to find my gig, I have to type the exact name of my gig in and it's about 10 pages deep.

• Like 62
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 18
  • Up 9

"In order to find my gig, I have to type the exact name of my gig in and it's about 10 pages deep."

This may be true for you, but not others. I've received a bunch of orders from new clients at a time where I couldn't find my gig either. The search results you find when you search your gig aren't indicative of everyone else's search results. The feature hasn't been removed, if it had, Fiverr would quickly lose business as no new sellers would be able to make any sales.

If people aren't seeing your gig, it might just not have been boosted yet because fiverr is still doing some manual reviews to make sure everything is up to scratch. Also make sure your gig title, images, SEO keywords etc have all been set up correctly, and you don't have anything that could be flagged in your gig descriptions etc. If you have something that could be (without context) taken offensively in any way, it could be causing issues with your gig being displayed.

• Like 79
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 8

On 5/16/2022 at 6:10 PM, joyh97 said:

"In order to find my gig, I have to type the exact name of my gig in and it's about 10 pages deep."

This may be true for you, but not others. I've received a bunch of orders from new clients at a time where I couldn't find my gig either. The search results you find when you search your gig aren't indicative of everyone else's search results. The feature hasn't been removed, if it had, Fiverr would quickly lose business as no new sellers would be able to make any sales.

If people aren't seeing your gig, it might just not have been boosted yet because fiverr is still doing some manual reviews to make sure everything is up to scratch. Also make sure your gig title, images, SEO keywords etc have all been set up correctly, and you don't have anything that could be flagged in your gig descriptions etc. If you have something that could be (without context) taken offensively in any way, it could be causing issues with your gig being displayed.

Yes, maybe it hasn't been fully reviewed yet. I will wait another week and see what happens.

• Like 58
  • Up 2

You should understand the Fiverr policies for the new gig promotions. Thousands of sellers with same category gigs offering. Try to publish a demanding gig  using proper TAG, TITELS, SEO, META TAG with legible service descriptions. You should keep patience and try to experiment with gigs  until you get orders.

• Like 44
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 6

On 5/17/2022 at 1:10 AM, joyh97 said:

If people aren't seeing your gig, it might just not have been boosted yet because fiverr is still doing some manual reviews to make sure everything is up to scratch. Also make sure your gig title, images, SEO keywords etc have all been set up correctly, and you don't have anything that could be flagged in your gig descriptions etc. If you have something that could be (without context) taken offensively in any way, it could be causing issues with your gig being displayed

That's Right Fiverr, analysis the gigs in different ways, and just becuase of some content spinning, Fiverr stops showing in research not every time but sometimes.

Thanks

Edited by sanaaliabbasi
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1

You can't predict fiverrs algorithm.Some algorithm may work for you also may vary for someone else. So my advice is to look forward to present your gig better and better, rather than researching the fiverr algorithm.

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

On 5/17/2022 at 3:10 AM, joyh97 said:

Totally agree with you. Your gig search results show in other countries at different places, so that everyone gets benefits from it.

• Like 28
  • Up 2

I think this platform is getting trackless after the pandemic because of huge number of freelancers entering this marketplace. As a result of this even Fiver is confronting some issues in terms of a quality support service and a systematic structure to serve both the clients and sellers.

Even I lost my first level 1 year ago still didn't get it back right after loosing that level-1 rank.

• Like 18

On 5/29/2022 at 8:32 PM, livingprime said:

@livingprime! Did you copy and paste a post from @joyh97? That's just appalling and rude behavior. Why would you do that? For the kudos of pretending YOU came up with the post so many people liked?

Edited by anniejenkinson
Typo! I was annoyed! :)
  • Like 19

This is not how it is. Fiverr usually try to give a chance to every new seller to stand out. The unfortunate thing is that the new seller does not wait for the right time and always be in hurry! My advice to all the new sellers is that, have patience, be resilient and give your 110% while writing your gigs. Don't guess too early. Keep on trying if you want to rise and shine. Best wishes to all of you. 

Have an amazing journey!

Edited by the_game_storm
  • Like 14

New sellers were never "Promoted" by Fiverr... 

it is important to know that from Fiverr's perspective, only Experienced sellers bring them business and reliability, so if they "Promote" anyone, that would be the Experienced Sellers. and they actually do, the fiverr ranking system does that and the "pro verified" program does that too.

Being a new seller is difficult, but doesn't mean it is impossible to get your first order and be successful down the line!

• Be patient,
  • follow good seo practices
  • add value to your potential clients 
  • protect your integrity and follow the terms of conditions of Fiverr

you will succeed! 🙂

• Like 10