low cost problem

soufianejanna

I agree Mr @williambryan392, I always face this problem almost with all those buyers who need their work done for a low cost, and even when my delivery is accurate. On the other hand, the buyers who I charge a fair price appreciate my work and give me a Tip and positive reviews.

I thought Low-cost would attract buyers but it just attracts bad/unprofessional buyers as you said. 

• Like 7

Just now, soufianejanna said:

I thought Low-cost would attract buyers but it just attracts bad/unprofessional buyers as you said. 

Then you know the solution to your problem: increase your prices and get rid of buyers who only go after the cheapest services.

• Like 10
  • Up 1

24 minutes ago, soufianejanna said:

On the other hand, the buyers who I charge a fair price appreciate my work and give me a Tip and positive reviews.

This means you're doing a good job and as you can see above, you've already found the solution. 

Raise your prices - as long as your skills match whatever prices you eventually raise your gigs to, you will always get pro buyers like this who appreciate your work and time. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, gizdesigns said:

This means you're doing a good job and as you can see above, you've already found the solution. 

Raise your prices - as long as your skills match whatever prices you eventually raise your gigs to, you will always get pro buyers like this who appreciate your work and time. 

Thanks, Yes, I raised my price but sometimes I found myself bound to accept a work for low-cost to maintain my rate performance but always suffering with those buyers.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, soufianejanna said:

Hi Fiverr Seller,

As a Seller, I don't know why I always face problems (Order Cancellation, Lots of unreasonable revisions needed, Poor communication...) with the buyers I charge a low cost.

Hi @soufianejanna, one of your gigs states that you will "design anything you want" for $25 and within a 3-day delivery. This opens the door for a lot of abuse if you cannot clearly define your deliverables with your customers.

Most of the order cancelations and unreasonable revisions that I've had is because I don't clearly define my deliverables up front. The second is, as you mentioned, poor communication. If the customer cannot clearly define those deliverables up front, then it's best not to do business. You will always end up working more hours than you need to on those orders.

10 hours ago, soufianejanna said:

...sometimes I found myself bound to accept a work for low-cost to maintain my rate performance but always suffering with those buyers.

I know this is hard....but learn to say "no." If buyers want you to work lower than your gig price, politely decline working with them. By saying "yes," you are allowing the buyers to push you around. Remember, you are the boss and you get to choose who you work with. I agree with @catwriter and @gizdesigns that increasing your prices will attract a different type of buyer. One who appreciates and will pay you for your quality work.

• Like 7
  • Up 1

You mentioned poor communication. This could be the root of the other problems. If terms, requirements and scope of work aren't clearly defined, the buyer will require more revisions to match what they need. They'll cancel if they don't get it.

* Ask questions if you are not sure what the buyer needs.

* Do not create a custom offer for a buyer with vague details.

* Make sure your gig description are exact and informative. Do not make promises you cannot keep and the details of what each gig entails should be stated clearly. 

• Like 6
  • Up 1

An interesting discussion. Personally, I find it a good idea to always offer very low-cost options within all the different options on a gig, as these can be useful for potentially higher spending customers to test the waters on a seller they have never worked with before. I think weeding out problematic customers depends more on the way you present your gig rather than low-cost gigs per-sé.

• Like 5
  • Up 1

12 minutes ago, reb2022 said:

An interesting discussion. Personally, I find it a good idea to always offer very low-cost options within all the different options on a gig, as these can be useful for potentially higher spending customers to test the waters on a seller they have never worked with before. I think weeding out problematic customers depends more on the way you present your gig rather than low-cost gigs per-sé.

I agree, but once you propose your work for a low-cost to a buyer he/she would never give you a higher price 😉.

• Like 4