Strange contact messages on Telegram, is this normal?

alienone12

What to do if the buyers wants to send you the work to email or telegram? Is it spam?

I got over 15 messages to get the assiments done thought the mail. I replied to 4 of them that I want them to do the order throught the fiver order and after that they block me. 

I answerd the first one when he texted like the first costumer to do the job from mail, and I did. I did not know what is the procceger yet on fiver. Now I did the job of translating 80 pages in 6 hours and since 5 days they still didi not pay me, and they even want from me to pay 200 dollars clearance fee before they can send me my commision.

Did you ever meet with something like this? Is it spam here on fiver? or how this work? 

Thank you.

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, vanessa_oa said:

I got over 15 messages to get the assiments done thought the mail. I replied to 4 of them that I want them to do the order throught the fiver order and after that they block me. 

I answerd the first one when he texted like the first costumer to do the job from mail, and I did. I did not know what is the procceger yet on fiver. Now I did the job of translating 80 pages in 6 hours and since 5 days they still didi not pay me, and they even want from me to pay 200 dollars clearance fee before they can send me my commision.

Did you ever meet with something like this? Is it spam here on fiver? or how this work? 

Thank you.

It is 100% scammy. such clients always misuse our kindness. please be aware.

Edited by atulcodex
spealing
  • Like 12

I am new here, in my inbox i receive so many msgs but they do not give order on fiverr instead they give me telegram or gmail id. What should i do? Should i trust them? When i ask about payment method they said, we will give first you send pdf of your task. Is not risky? I need complete guidance, hope anyone can help me

• Like 30
  • Up 1

On 9/5/2023 at 5:04 AM, fatimaahmed2k said:

I am new here, in my inbox i receive so many msgs but they do not give order on fiverr instead they give me telegram or gmail id. What should i do? Should i trust them? When i ask about payment method they said, we will give first you send pdf of your task. Is not risky? I need complete guidance, hope anyone can help me

no you don't give email  its fake 

• Like 24
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...

At one point I got a little frustrated and wrote them a *polite* little rant going along the lines of "Look, someone would have thought that a dozen failed attempts at scamming me out of my money and time would have tipped you off...I'm not going to fall for it."

Surprisingly, it actually worked 😅. For the next few days, I received at most one a day (as opposed to at least two dozen a day before). 

• Like 18

On 9/22/2023 at 2:57 AM, emma_7134 said:

At one point I got a little frustrated and wrote them a *polite* little rant going along the lines of "Look, someone would have thought that a dozen failed attempts at scamming me out of my money and time would have tipped you off...I'm not going to fall for it."

Surprisingly, it actually worked 😅. For the next few days, I received at most one a day (as opposed to at least two dozen a day before). 

I usually get a lot of them when I post graphic design gigs.

it’s so frustrating 

• Like 13

Actually, I've had enough of this! Ok... Be patient...😇

Make them our motivators, who have always be working hard and hoping on a strike from their victims without resting all day

Scammers are (Sometimes) also a great example of hard worker people out there!

Screenshot_2023-10-01-02-16-09-38.jpg

• Like 14
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, gladicea said:

I receive few marches and most of the asking to go out of Fiverr ( telegram account or mails ) 

Can Fiverr filter these scammers.

You just give a report on a fake buyer profile and you don't have to do anything else.
when the Fiverr team realizes the fake ID they will automatically ban the account.

• Like 7

Good day! I am a new SELLER,  I just started yesterday and I have no idea yet how this works. I know lots of you here are experts already, I hope you can spare a little time. Can you please help me navigate the Fiverr tool?, How will I be able to reply as they drop their '@(name).. or how to do direct message? 

I have here a sample message and I keep on receiving one. I don't know if it's real or spam because as I respond even if they are online they don't get to reply back.

Sample 1: "Hello . We have huge (Translation job's available) Per page 📄📄 is ⁵⁰$= if you are available in any of these jobs.  Data entry  Copy writing  Articles  There all available   Message ,,, (@Yerry882)👈 T,,E,,L,,E,,G,,R,,A,,M 🫡 "

Sample 2: "We're looking for an experienced translator to help me with a project. The document I need translated is written in English and the desired target language is any language. It is more than 5000 words in length. If you’re interested, Dm on {🅣]📩🅔[🅛}📩🅔{🅖}📩🅡{🅐}🅜> @Lamech12 ☝️☝️☝️☝️"

I hope you help me with this. Bless you guys.

• Like 21
  • Confused 1

Hi there.

These are absolutely a spam. And you can report it as spam. Communicate out of Fiverr platform is also against Fiverr ToS. So be carefull. As you are new here, you will receive a lot of spam at the beginning.

Another thing, you cannot call out Fiverr members by their username here on the Forum. Forum Rules #3. 

• Like 25
  • Congrats! 1