Recently Fiverr gigs not showing in search

mehdiadz

Question

Good day guys,

I noticed that the last week or so, all gigs that are published do not show in Fiverr search using the keywords in the title, they only show after I use filters by COUNTRY for example or Newest arrivals.

Kindly check yourself as I tried to contact customer support but I only receive a generic answer.

I published over 5 gigs and the issue remains, gigs only show after I use filters. I checked other sellers who just published their gigs within the last 7 days, same thing their gigs only show after using Newest Arrivals filter.

Thank you

14 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, mehdiadz said:

Kindly check yourself

We don’t need to check for ourselves. And you looking for your gig in search is also pretty useless. Fiverr is matching search results to people who is most likely to buy and every person will be seeing your gig at different places.

if you want to check if your gig is active in search then use this link. 

https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/selling-on-fiverr/gigs/gig-status

8 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

We don’t need to check for ourselves. And you looking for your gig in search is also pretty useless. Fiverr is matching search results to people who is most likely to buy and every person will be seeing your gig at different places.

if you want to check if your gig is active in search then use this link. 

https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/selling-on-fiverr/gigs/gig-status

Not true at all.

Gigs should show when you look for them using the keyword that you use in the title.

I have been on fiverr for quite some time and made decent money. This issue started happening this week and I noticed it is happening with other sellers as well.

Try it yourself now, publish a gig and waitifor 48 hrs go search for it it will not appear in all pages.

It will only appear after you type the keyword + filter by NEWEST ARRIVALS

18 minutes ago, mehdiadz said:

Gigs should show when you look for them using the keyword that you use in the title.

I have been on fiverr for quite some time and made decent money.

Fiverr algorithm has been changing a lot. And as I said before and as fiverr states search results are different for different people. 

You’ve been on fiverr only for a year and made only 39+ sales 😉 that’s not “quite some time”. 

Just now, mariashtelle1 said:

Fiverr algorithm has been changing a lot. And as I said before and as fiverr states search results are different for different people. 

You’ve been on fiverr only for a year and made only 39+ sales 😉 that’s not “quite some time”. 

We know how things work but kindly test yourself and let us know.

I have had an account for almost 1 year but became active for the last 3 or 4 months. My wife is a top rated seller here so I know what I am talking about.

Recent published gigs are not showing in the search and it doesn't matter where the buyer is logging in from. We tried from different devices...etc

There must be something wrong.

Publish a gig yourself and let us know

1 hour ago, mariashtelle1 said:

It’s not my job to “test” for you but as you seem not to believe me then here you go: one of you new gigs, coming up in search as you can see with NO filters applied. 

77892B36-75A1-44AF-8F0D-53CA3D5F0C31.jpeg

Are you based in the US/UK? IF yes, then we have tried from US/UK IPs gigs do show but from other locations gig don't show

34 minutes ago, mehdiadz said:

IF yes, then we have tried from US/UK IPs gigs do show but from other locations gig don't show

Look, you are just trying to find a problem where it doesn't exist.

If you are that curious then currently I am in Singapore. So your theory again fails 🤷‍♀️

As I told you, even if you yourself can not see a gig it doesn't mean that others can't see it too. Fiverr shows different search results for different people. that's it. 

1 hour ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Look, you are just trying to find a problem where it doesn't exist.

If you are that curious then currently I am in Singapore. So your theory again fails 🤷‍♀️

As I told you, even if you yourself can not see a gig it doesn't mean that others can't see it too. Fiverr shows different search results for different people. that's it. 

We tried different devices, we even called friends I promise you there is a glitch. Don't search for the gig by copying the entire title , search for the gig by using a specific keyword for example search for WINNING PRODUCT and not SEARCH FOR WINNING PRODUCT.

All recent gigs for example published using keyword Shopify you can find them in newest arrivals but once you try to search for them normally they don't appear in any of the pages unless you use KEYWORD + FILTERS.

3 hours ago, mehdiadz said:

we even called friends I promise you there is a glitch. Don't search for the gig by copying the entire title , search for the gig by using a specific keyword

Look if you want to believe that there is a glitch then fine, your choice. 
There are 2300+ gigs with your keyword, I’m not going to waste my time going through pages and pages of it because again search results are different for different people, some people can see your gig on higher pages some on lower. (And again your gig not necessary will be showing up for a keyword in your title, fiverr is using your title, tags and description to  show your gig to best possible buyers.) 

3 hours ago, mehdiadz said:

you can find them in newest arrivals but once you try to search for them normally they don't appear in any of the pages unless

The only glitch there is is that fiverr sometimes shows only 22 pages but it’s not all 2300+ services. So why do you expect that your gig that you created a few days ago will be ranking better than other services on the visible pages? 

9 hours ago, mehdiadz said:

I noticed that the last week or so, all gigs that are published do not show in Fiverr search using the keywords in the title, they only show after I use filters by COUNTRY for example or Newest arrivals.

My SPM told me that the algorithm searches first according to your tags. Next, it looks at the keywords in your title, and last, it looks at the words in the body of your gig write-up.

Nevertheless, since you seem intent on insisting that the keywords in the title do not work unless the searcher filters by country, I looked for one of your gigs by searching for facebook ad manager; your gig came up on the second page, last place in the 5th row. BTW I am from the US.

When I search for snapchat ads You are on the first page 4th row third spot.

Furthermore, according to the Seller Success webinars I have attended @mariashtelle1 is correct:

9 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Fiverr is matching search results to people who is most likely to buy and every person will be seeing your gig at different places.

The observation I am about to make is not intended to be rude. It is only meant to offer a helpful suggestion. 

I just looked at your profile, and I see you have this for your profile image. ↙️

350545756_ScreenShot2022-04-21at9_07_30AM.png.255b10f97768f6f1fba2a72b77662cc8.png 

I see a shirtless, scruffy-looking man displaying a come hither look — perhaps that is not the best profile image. For sure, it does not look as professional as the picture in your gig images. It may even put off some prospective buyers.

Archived