Will Fiverr suspend Russian sellers?

mikavirtanen

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly I don't think big businesses really care about actual people. They care about their profits and their brand image. McDonalds just stopped operating in Russia. I don't think this was because they stand in solidarity with Ukraine (maybe they do), but because there was public backlash that they continued to operate there. They were worried about their brand image (also they were struggling with supplies so maybe they would have had to close anyway).

So, I think fiverr will continue to allow Russian fiverr sellers and buyers until they are told they can't allow them because it's good for business. I like that fiverr has done some extra things for Ukrainian sellers, such as removing the clearance time for funds and setting up a dedicated website for Ukrainian sellers. But was this done primarily to help Ukraine, or because it made fiverr look good? Maybe fiverr will use this to promote Ukrainian sellers and gain further market share through an innovative marketing campaign because most of the world wants to support Ukraine (I'm cynical, forgive me).

Maybe instead fiverr could remove or redirect the 20% seller fee for Ukrainians and send it to a charity instead, but this will cost money, rather than make money. If fiverr has already done this or made a donation then I apologize! I'm just getting more grumpy and more cynical the older I get!

53 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

Sadly I don't think big businesses really care about actual people. They care about their profits and their brand image. McDonalds just stopped operating in Russia. I don't think this was because they stand in solidarity with Ukraine (maybe they do), but because there was public backlash that they continued to operate there. They were worried about their brand image (also they were struggling with supplies so maybe they would have had to close anyway).

So, I think fiverr will continue to allow Russian fiverr sellers and buyers until they are told they can't allow them because it's good for business. I like that fiverr has done some extra things for Ukrainian sellers, such as removing the clearance time for funds and setting up a dedicated website for Ukrainian sellers. But was this done primarily to help Ukraine, or because it made fiverr look good? Maybe fiverr will use this to promote Ukrainian sellers and gain further market share through an innovative marketing campaign because most of the world wants to support Ukraine (I'm cynical, forgive me).

Maybe instead fiverr could remove or redirect the 20% seller fee for Ukrainians and send it to a charity instead, but this will cost money, rather than make money. If fiverr has already done this or made a donation then I apologize! I'm just getting more grumpy and more cynical the older I get!

You're right. Many companies benefit from this, but it is worth noting that many countries have imposed sanctions and therefore sometimes suffer themselves. I don't consider all Russians as enemies and I don't want Fiverr to block their profiles, so I am very grateful to Fiverr that they did this for all sellers from Ukraine...

On 3/1/2022 at 3:50 AM, mjensen415 said:

We understand that the war with Ukraine has brought fear and uncertainty to both sides of the border, and that you might be worried about what government sanctions on the Russian economy could mean for your business.

As new information becomes available, Fiverr is committed to communicating with our Russian community as clearly and as frequently as possible. In the meantime, we hope you and your family stay safe.

for this Fiverr is the best Platform on the online word. I love you Fiverr... 

4 hours ago, williambryan392 said:

If fiverr has already done this or made a donation then I apologize!

I stand corrected and apologize. Fiver have done the below re financial help:

• Raised funds for World Central Kitchen, to help feed the nearly 1,000,000 people fleeing Ukraine to neighboring countries
  • Provided direct financial support to Ukrainian freelancers to help offset the cost of potential lost business.

On 3/7/2022 at 10:59 PM, vovkaslovesnyy said:

I will post it here.

Starting from March 14, all our accounts will be limited. They won't be deleted, but we won't have access to new orders. 

No more news. 

As an additional comment, all these sanctions affect educated people, who are interested in traveling and working with the entire world, while the key electorate doesn't even know what Netflix is. 

Anyway, I don't think there's something we can change for now. 

12 hours ago, williambryan392 said:

Fiver have done the below re financial help:

Fiverr has also "refunded" (their wording) Ukrainian sellers by waiving any commissions charged between Feb 15-28th. For those able to maintain regular working schedule during that time, it's incredibly generous. 

Hi, I'm from Ukraine and in my country russian tanks are bombing our houses, kids and women. I lost my job, millions of people lost their jobs. Thousand of Ukrainians lost their relatives.  Why did you come to my house????? Get out!!!!

Anyway I know in russia there are many good people that despise putin's politic and maybe their hearts are with Ukraine. So I believe these people won't be banned by Fiverr and of course I hope that Fiverr becomes a new work place for me. 

Piece!

1 hour ago, lenasemenkova said:

Fiverr has also "refunded" (their wording) Ukrainian sellers by waiving any commissions

I like this a lot. I also like that fiverr didn't shout / show off about it. My cynicism has been greatly reduced and it seems they are donating the fees to charity going forward. A really nice touch.

I'm glad you and others have got a bit of extra help at this terrible time.

I got a new answer from support:

Hello again,

We understand that the situation has brought fear and uncertainty to both sides of the border and that you might be worried about what government sanctions on the Russian economy could mean for your business.

We’re offering our Russian sellers access to the Early Payout feature and waiving the standard safety clearance period.

At this time, it seems that Payoneer is still offering services to Russia via the “Local Bank Transfer” option.

We recommend that you reach out to their Customer Support Team along with reading their Help Center article, How can I access my funds - Russia to learn more about this.

I hope this is helpful for you.

13 hours ago, mikavirtanen said:

I got a new answer from support:

Sadly I got this copy-paste message too. They didn't even check the information about bank transfer withdraw, "it seems" to them that it's working. But on Payoneer main page it's saying they not allow a registration for new accounts from Russia and I'm not talking about Payoneer is banned in Russia since 2018. 
I was hoping till very end they are actually working on a problem but they just were waiting for suspending fiverr in Russia. I'm disappointed in their tech support so much this time. 

9 hours ago, baboolya said:

Sadly I got this copy-paste message too. They didn't even check the information about bank transfer withdraw, "it seems" to them that it's working. But on Payoneer main page it's saying they not allow a registration for new accounts from Russia and I'm not talking about Payoneer is banned in Russia since 2018. 
I was hoping till very end they are actually working on a problem but they just were waiting for suspending fiverr in Russia. I'm disappointed in their tech support so much this time. 

I am using proxy settings from antizapret and I created a bank transfer account yesterday. But I must admit that it was a very tricky process. I'll try to use it to withdraw my cash

Archived