Will Fiverr suspend Russian sellers?

mikavirtanen

3 hours ago, lenasemenkova said:

I apologize

There is nothing to apologize for, I can barely imagine what you're going through. 'Burned out' must be the understatement of the century. I also apologize.

And again you're right, I do think people should protest tyranny, however scary that can be as it's the only way it will change. I just know it takes courage to fight it. I wonder if I would have the courage. I don't know. I hope so. But I don't know.

I'm not sure how accessible media is where you are right now but it may offer some tiny solace to know Zelensky & Ukraine are on every front page (in the Western world at least) and who the ultimate victims are is clear. The world may not be doing enough, but they do hear Ukraine.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paypal shut down operations in Russia a few hours ago...  I listened to Lavrov the other day spouting nonsense about Naz*s (doesnt need to look further than his own backyard for that) suppression of freedom of speech ( when independent media outlets and social media are being forced to shut or heavily censure content in Russia). unfortunately a lot of people believe what they are being shown on tv & in the state controlled media

11 hours ago, baboolya said:

I don't think so. Besides, tech support team is already working on finding another way to make it possible for Russian sellers to withdraw their funds. 

thanks for the information, I hope they will implement it soon (and it won't eat ≈6% like paypal did)

I think it would be a meaningless measure because the civilians of any country are innocent but according to the imposed sanctions there is an undeniable reality about the difficulties of withdrawing money for people living in Russia.

14 hours ago, newsmike said:

Backing Russia into a corner may have unintended consequences that are not good for anyone.   

image.thumb.png.6009823ae26a9076b1792234ab676fed.png

Yes, heard of it yesterday, an environment is goin' to change totally, there will be a lot changes after this step, and the further 

19 hours ago, baboolya said:

I don't think so. Besides, tech support team is already working on finding another way to make it possible for Russian sellers to withdraw their funds. 

Is this verified information? Have you talked to tech support and received an official response?

3 hours ago, alexanderk93 said:

Even if Fiverr doesnt suspend russian accounts, russian sellers would not be able to withdraw their earnings since PayPal and Payoneer are not working with russia anymore... As far as i understand.

In any case, I don't want my account to be deleted. There will remain an option with relocation and its further use. Which is at least some kind of option.

Fiverr's main competitor (Апwork) has already offered sellers to relocate before May 1.

I contacted my success manager, and I was informed that a dedicated team is working to solve the issue. 

If I get more information, I will post it here. 

Even if PayPal and Payoneer are blocked (Payoneer is still alive and strives to solve the issue by offering only money transfer options), I would like to continue working and accumulating funds because there are many options to relocate, and Payoneer allows changing country. 

9 hours ago, masha_somova said:

Is this verified information? Have you talked to tech support and received an official response?

Yes, that's right! I have contacted the tech support a day PayPal was suspended and they promised to follow up with me as soon as they have more information. They keep my request opened and this fact gives me a hope that they are actually working on the problem.

11 hours ago, baboolya said:

promised to follow up with me as soon as they have more information

I received the same answer from support 24 hours ago. It looks like just a default support answer when there's nothing to say. And this answer doesn't tell that Fiverr is working at a new withdrawal method for Russians.

4 hours ago, mikavirtanen said:

I received the same answer from support 24 hours ago. It looks like just a default support answer when there's nothing to say. And this answer doesn't tell that Fiverr is working at a new withdrawal method for Russians.

I don't think the same answer means they don't work on the problem. They helped me with many issues so far and I believe they going to do their best to help with this one as well. The fact they get similar requests from many sellers increase a chance for the problem to be solved.

Anyway, all we can do for now is just waiting. Or looking for an alternative of course. Things change too fast and services become suspended in Russia day by day. We had to wait until situation become more stable to see what resources we can work with so far. 

I don't like Russians being banned from sports, travelling or maybe Fiverr. They do not need to take consequences for a war. They are just ordinary people as we are and they are not politicians. 

I have my own opinion about Ukraine-Russia conflict as someone who experienced war and bombing on his own skin. I consider both Ukrainians and Russians as my brothers and I can't stand two Orthodox people killing each other. I really hope so this would end soon so at least something can be saved out of this conflict. Stop the war!

I think it is unlikely that Fiverr will be closed for Russian sellers, since the platform itself has not yet made an official statement.

There are many professional designers in Russia, most of them have come up with their own styles in working with graphic design. Also, most of the Russian sellers sell their services at a bargain price.

From this we can conclude that if Fiverr is closed for Russian sellers, then it will be more difficult for the buyer to find a more profitable service. So let's hope that doesn't happen.

Archived