I want to change my whole gig, will that affect my visibility ?

rania12el

Question

Hi ! I'm new to Fiverr and I created my first gig 2 months now. I didnt get any client yet but this is not the issue. 

I want to ask you please if you have any idea that if I change my whole gig and posted a new one completely will that kill my visibility ? Will that affect my ranking ? 

Thank you so much ! 

• Like 140
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 3

On 11/10/2021 at 9:44 AM, slickkweb said:

If you are getting orders regularly,then you should rethink about changing your gig. If you don't have orders,then you should change your gig and focus on creating something unique.

If you are consistently receiving orders, you should seriously consider shifting your gig. If there are no orders, you should change your gig and concentrate on making something special.

• Like 5

@joshnadin Your post is only 30 minutes old and it's already been voted down to -3, bottom of the pile! This system of members selecting quality posts as opposed to spam is clearly working as it should!!!!  😒

Plus - someone who's sole contribution is 'Righ', now ranks higher in the popularity of posts than others who have given sage advice. Even 'voting' functionality is being spammed!
Back to the drawing board for the forum 'powers that be' I think!!!! 

Edited by fiveroptic1
  • Like 28
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, fiveroptic1 said:

@joshnadin Your post is only 30 minutes old and it's already been voted down to -3, bottom of the pile! This system of members selecting quality posts as opposed to spam is clearly working as it should!!!!  😒

Ah it's cool. It's Sunday, so I'm going to have a beer for every downvote I get today! 😅

• Like 21

1 minute ago, joshnadin said:

Ah it's cool. It's Sunday, so I'm going to have a beer for every downvote I get today! 😅

Good for you! Better take tomorrow off -  you'll be drinking a lot today!! 😃

Plus , the other problem is, that the posts are all over the place - there's no chronology at all.

Edited by fiveroptic1
  • Like 24
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/25/2021 at 8:31 PM, rania12el said:

Hi ! I'm new to Fiverr and I created my first gig 2 months now. I didnt get any client yet but this is not the issue. 

I want to ask you please if you have any idea that if I change my whole gig and posted a new one completely will that kill my visibility ? Will that affect my ranking ? 

Thank you so much ! 

Yes a bit affect on your gig. but I suggest you don't edit Just create another One

• Like 11

Thank you so much ! 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

On 10/25/2021 at 8:01 PM, rania12el said:

Thank you so much ! 

Yes, If you will change your complete GIG, it will affect your gig ranking and visibility.

• Like 26

Hello,
As you are new to fiverr, you may open 7 gigs. So, If you get expected impression, my suggestion is not to change the gig. Wait for the order. You can open another gig according to your new skill. If you don't get better impression, please delete this gig and open another gig.

Thank you so much!

• Like 22

On 10/25/2021 at 8:50 PM, fiveroptic1 said:

This is a common concern. The answer is equally simple. If after 2 months, you have had no orders, you have nothing to lose by changing your gig. (Ranking well doesn't matter if you're getting no orders!!). Concentrate on a well written gig desc in perfect English, choose your keywords and tags carefully and do as much research as you can - i.e. look at what your 'successful' competitors are doing then emulate (don't copy) it .... Good luck. 

I Agree!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2