I want to change my whole gig, will that affect my visibility ?

rania12el

Question

Hi ! I'm new to Fiverr and I created my first gig 2 months now. I didnt get any client yet but this is not the issue. 

I want to ask you please if you have any idea that if I change my whole gig and posted a new one completely will that kill my visibility ? Will that affect my ranking ? 

Thank you so much ! 

• Like 140
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 3

This is a common concern. The answer is equally simple. If after 2 months, you have had no orders, you have nothing to lose by changing your gig. (Ranking well doesn't matter if you're getting no orders!!). Concentrate on a well written gig desc in perfect English, choose your keywords and tags carefully and do as much research as you can - i.e. look at what your 'successful' competitors are doing then emulate (don't copy) it .... Good luck. 

• Like 133
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 11
  • Thanks 8

On 10/25/2021 at 10:31 AM, rania12el said:

Hi ! I'm new to Fiverr and I created my first gig 2 months now. I didnt get any client yet but this is not the issue. 

I want to ask you please if you have any idea that if I change my whole gig and posted a new one completely will that kill my visibility ? Will that affect my ranking ? 

Thank you so much ! 

If you're currently not having any luck with your Gig and had no orders, you don't really have to worry about impacting your visibility, as you don't currently have any. 

Something is clearly not working, you have to change something. 

Don't listen to the advice stating that you 'have to make a new Gig'. 
I change my Gig(s) regularly to keep up with market trends, new things I want to offer, improving my portfolio, and several other reasons. If nobody ever edited their Gigs, nobody would ever grow and learn as sellers on the platform, and find out exactly what works for them. 

It's another stupid myth circulating around the forum that if you edit your Gig, you'll never get any orders. The people giving the same advice, ironically don't have any orders. Probably because they present their Gig poorly and don't want to change it. 🙄 

• Like 91
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Up 13
  • Thanks 3

I have a good suggestion in my opinion, If your gig still now not get any ranking/impression/click so you can edit your gig, although every gig when anyone goes to touch for editing, must be lost visibility. If your gig has any impression/clicks, do not go to edit, it is better than creating a new gig for your service... 
Thank you!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

I think it would be nice to again publish this gig

1. Firstly you research gig keyword.
2. Then you try to find nice gig title on your keyword base.
3. Then you're finding your highlighted subjects base showcase your gig description

I think if you do this, Then your gig will be perfect.

Thanks

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

You can edit it...But before that make sure your service, category, and other description which must be related to your relevant service...Actually, order first order depense on your gig quality then all performance depense on your skills...

Edited by proimagecutout
  • Like 3
  • Congrats! 2