Other sellers asking for work?

letsgodigital

Question

5 answers to this question

All the time. It's actually against the rules to message people unless you're talking about placing an order. I just use a quick response and move on. I don't outsource, and if I ever did for some reason, it would be someone I sought out and chose specifically, not a person who sends random messages.

Some approach it professionally. Some beg for work because they think I have 'too much' and they deserve some of it.

8 minutes ago, letsgodigital said:

Does this happen with any other seller here?

It happens a lot.

Please respect our members privacy by not contacting them with offers, questions, suggestions or anything which is not directly related to their Gigs or orders.

The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page under Violations.

You can refer them to the above .... and some sellers just report them.

1 hour ago, letsgodigital said:

I keep getting messages from other sellers who asked me to outsource my work to them for half price.

Or some try to seller discounted webhosting plans?

Yeah. This is called spam. Report them. They need to be removed from this platform. If a seller sends me unsolicited messages asking me to give them work, I'll report their profile instantly. 

I've speculated before, that being active on the forums will increase the amount of incoming spam. Haven't been able to confirm my theory, though. 

It's annoying, that's for sure. The people sending these messages have no talent, no skills, and should not be allowed to stay on the platform if they can't follow simple rules. 

6 hours ago, letsgodigital said:

I keep getting messages from other sellers who asked me to outsource my work to them for half price.

Or some try to seller discounted webhosting plans?

Or, when these newbie sellers beg for your "shared work", and ask for it at half price, double your prices, just for them. Then, tell them the doubled price is for all other sellers seeking outsourced work (because it's a lot more work to coordinate with other sellers), but, out of the goodness of your heart, you'll slash those prices in half, thus giving them what they asked for. 😉

Archived