US winter vacation time

mahfuzha

Hello,

I've been in Fiverr for 4 yrs. During my first 2 winters, after Halloween, the orders comes less. But last year, due to pandemic Covid-19, orders actually increased in winter. Can anyone predict what the scenario we will be facing/enjoying this year?

Regards,

Mahi.

1 hour ago, emon_arefin said:

My question is why does the order decrease during winter season? In my opinion, the order should increase in winter as people have no vacation like summer. 

Many clients celebrate Christmas (and other Holidays) and might be spending time with their families in December - but also, here in Europe for example there are plenty of schools that have ski breaks (so parents and kids go skiing for like.. 1-2 weeks in February! So just in general it's a super busy time period for some people. The reason why sales might raise for SOME people is because if you're selling something that can be gifted (like stories, pictures, any other kind of art) people might purchase more of them after Halloween / Thanksgiving. 

As for me, I had a really 'eh' August all in all, but I've always had orders in queue.) but September so far has been... very eventful. I'm curious as to how the rest of fall/winter goes - (but I have no predictions.)

VERY eventful 😄 

1 hour ago, emon_arefin said:

My question is why does the order decrease during winter season? In my opinion, the order should increase in winter as people have no vacation like summer. 

Most companies end their fiscal year on Dec 31st, so they are watching every penny and making sure to hit all their budgets. Raises, bonuses as well as overall health of the company rest on that final figure when they close the books for the year. January 1, is a whole new budget, so new money flows, and new projects are started.  

I think it's going to vary widely based on who your customer base it, but my winters do seem to be stronger than my summers. December seems to be huge for me generally - sometimes my customers are having books done as Christmas presents or wanting to put their books out for sale for Christmas. I'm hired almost exclusively by individuals rather than businesses so that may make a difference. 

Works for me, I've got Christmas presents to buy.

Archived