My customer's account has been disabled, leading to the order being cancelled. This lost me over 7 hours of work, as well as bringing down my order completion rate.

jwstudioscoding

Question

Hi All,

I am quite disappointed, and would really like to have some support on how do deal with this issue.

I am a relativity new seller on Fiverr, and have been working really hard on my second order. I had already spent over 6-8 hours working on the order, and talked a lot with my client. The order was quite complex and I ended up going overtime, though my customer said he understood completely. The main issue was that because of time zones, I couldn't get him to test my code on his website. Anyway, my client and I were working on testing a piece of code, when suddenly the order got cancelled. Just for the record I had actually already submitted a working prototype of the website, and the order was currently in revision. There was no reason, and it said it was by customer support. I looked at Fiverr Messaging, and I couldn't communicate with the buyer. It appeared that his account had been disabled. 

Does this mean that I lost 6-8 hours of work and dropped my order completion rate to 50% for nothing? Is there anything I can do?

2 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, jwstudioscoding said:

Anyway, my client and I were working on testing a piece of code, when suddenly the order got cancelled. Just for the record I had actually already submitted a working prototype of the website, and the order was currently in revision. There was no reason, and it said it was by customer support. I looked at Fiverr Messaging, and I couldn't communicate with the buyer. It appeared that his account had been disabled. 

Hi @jwstudioscoding,

Have you checked your buyer's profile? If your buyer got banned, you won't be able to access it.

If this were the case, please contact support calmly explaining them your buyer was banned, hence, the order was cancelled, and kindly ask them to please restore your order completion rate, since it wasn't your fault.

18 minutes ago, jwstudioscoding said:

Does this mean that I lost 6-8 hours of work and dropped my order completion rate to 50% for nothing? Is there anything I can do?

For something like this, all you have to do is to (politely) contact CS by opening a ticket and ask for that cancellation to be taken out of the equation. Not your fault = can be restored.

If in the upcoming days your buyer ends up being a b-word who's using your work without reaching you for compensation, you can also DMCA the hell out of them through Fiverr itself. A link to the IP stuff is in the ribbon at the end of every page on the website.

Then there are some ways in which you can get rightfully paid but only someone more experienced than me can answer since AFAIK 99% of the time it's always lost income in these cases.

Archived