natphiri

Question

I was going through buyers requests, and I came across a request that I was very interested in, but the request had shallow information about what was wanted to be done.  So I sent a proposal asking for more information and more details about the project. But no response, I just got an order after a few hours.

I ask again for more info, but the buyer still sends little to no information about what he wants. He just sent me photo of a confusing "concept". But dont get me wrong, I could do what he wants me to do, but I can't without him explaining further. I keep on asking him questions, and the last thing he said is "You don't have to get the concept, you should just design it". Now how can I design when he has barely explained anything happening on the photo?

I'm afraid this might go south. I'm afraid the buyer might find me annoying. I'm afraid he'll just cancel the order. So I have no idea what to do.

Although, I'm wondering if there is a way of cancelling the order without it affecting my cancellation rate.

Note: I'm a new seller, I've done a few orders so far

6 answers to this question

You have two possible options in this situation: You design it without trying to understand the concept or you cancel the order. Sometimes it is better not to work with hostile people. From what you say, he will not give you the information you need, I would discard his request.

For this situation, I would just cancel. If you don't cancel, you'll have to do the work with barely any instructions, and maybe the buyer won't like it. If the buyer leaves a bad review, that's not very good for you as a brand new seller! 

If you contact CS and let them know what happened, they can cancel the order without it affecting your cancellation rate.

If You've insufficient requirements than you can contact fiverr support to cancel order, they'll cancel it without affecting your cancellation rate.

If you're confident enough you can do client job, most people seems tought from outside  like a coconut (my 30% clients atleast XD). If you provide a awesome work I think your client appreciate your work 

Archived