Questioning some of the "advice" of the new hired mods...

genuineguidance

Since this is the Ranting area, I guess it is OK to give an opinion on some of the people they are actually paying to moderate the forum. One in particular sounds much like the sawdust sandwiches that chime in here often. Wrong advice and weird nothing to them posts.

But, I am sure they couldn't find anyone better, right? Plenty of people here in the forum who have way more intelligence, experience and knowledge.

Carry on though. The forum update is just peachy keen!!! Get those badges people, it will increase your impressions, clicks, orders and make you rich!!! (SARCASM)

GG

Instead of hiring and paying someone who is "new and still learning", wouldn't it seem smarter to hire someone who actually has experience in this forum? Otherwise, all you get is BAD advice that sounds like it is being parroted by the typical suspects.

Shouldn't you already know your job if you are being paid to do it?

The newbies on this forum and sheeple will follow some of the bad or uninformed advice some of these paid mods are giving out.

But, you know, it's a new day, new forum and we have badges!!! YEAH!

GG

33 minutes ago, genuineguidance said:

And, again, my post is under moderation - why?

Guess you guys don't like the truth. Hide this one too for moderation while you are at it.

GG

Is it possible that any comments or posts containing the words mod/moderation are automatically held to catch a moderator's attention? Not sure but my comment above was also held for review.

@genuineguidance Since I am still a moderator on this forum, I feel I need to clarify: every time you use the word moderator, mod, or any variation, the auto-mod function kicks in and places your post in limbo until a mod can actually see it and approve it.

The only reason why I am making this clarification, is because you are continually implying that mods are actually trying to silence you.

Let me assure you, this is not the case.

I do agree with you on your other points, it feels like one of the 3 paid mods in particular, needs to start reading up on how Fiverr works ASAP.

10 minutes ago, gwyneth_galvin said:

possible that any comments or posts containing the words mod/moderation are automatically held to catch a moderator's attention? Not sure but my comment above was also held for review.

No i just think it's random. 

Yesterday on of my posts was under review for more than five hours.

Seemee odd but what can you do ?

11 minutes ago, gwyneth_galvin said:

Is it possible that any comments or posts containing the words mod/moderation are automatically held to catch a moderator's attention? Not sure but my comment above was also held for review.

I thought about that after it happened twice.

I am not trying to bust the b***s of the paid mods here, but, you know, you should really know what you are talking about before handing out advice that can damage or confuse.

This is the Ranting area, and I am annoyed by some of the activity here so, just expressing my agitation. Not that it will make anything change.

GG

3 minutes ago, frank_d said:

@genuineguidance Since I am still a moderator on this forum, I feel I need to clarify: every time you use the word moderator, mod, or any variation, the auto-mod function kicks in and places your post in limbo until a mod can actually see it and approve it.

The only reason why I am making this clarification, is because you are continually implying that mods are actually trying to silence you.

Let me assure you, this is not the case.

I do agree with you on your other points, it feels like one of the 3 paid mods in particular, needs to start reading up on how Fiverr works ASAP.

I figured as much when I used the word m o d again.

I guess my paranoia kicked in and it felt as though I could not express my displeasure about certain things that have been occurring in the forum.

I am sure the new paid mods will catch on soon enough by reading posts and learning from those of us who have been contributing for a while.

I do appreciate your efforts @frank_d

You have every right to express your concerns @genuineguidance, especially since you are raising valid points in an effort to protect this community.

The issue is twofold here:

it's one thing for the new mods to get a feel for the forum and what the community needs,

and it's a whole other thing them actually figuring out how Fiverr works and being able to share useful advice. 

I'm OK with being patient about the former. I will do my best to help re: the latter, even if it means butting in all the time.

Legit! I was about to report a post as spam because it had completely unrelated information against the actual topic of the thread. 

And then I saw the Mod badge

On 7/1/2021 at 6:55 AM, gwyneth_galvin said:

You have solved the mystery 😄

On 7/1/2021 at 6:06 AM, frank_d said:

We have seen this problem with CS a few times as well, where someone at CS would send advice to a user that was in direct conflict to TOS. 

Archived