New seller, how does my gig look?

osmigo

I just finished setting up my gig on Fiverr as a proofreader/editor. Would anyone care to give me their knee-jerk reaction to my gig?  Not that anybody's going to see it anytime soon: there are over 20,000 proofreading/editing gigs already out there!  In any case, take a look if you have a minute. 

I have NO idea where that "50 years of proofreading experience" came from in the URL. Looks a little silly, I'm hoping I can change it somehow.

Thanks!

https://www.fiverr.com/osmigo/50-years-of-proofreading-experience

There are lots of proofreading gigs on Fiverr, but yours still stood out when I looked at it. Very, very few (if any) on this site will have 50 years of experience in their field. You have a USP, and I think you've worked it pretty well. It's clear what it is from your gig title and your gig image. 

About the URL: unfortunately, URLs can't be changed. The first title you use becomes your URL and, even though you can change the title, the link address remains the same.

Sorry to interrupt...

Since the gig is brand new and has no reviews, you can delete it and create a new one with a proper url.

Also, don't include anything related to academic work and the word essay. It will get you in trouble with Fiverr, serious trouble. I see you're offering to proofread academic papers and college admission essays. Please take those away.

Ohh, by the way, welcome to Fiverr and the forum! 🙂

1 hour ago, osmigo said:

I just finished setting up my gig on Fiverr as a proofreader/editor. Would anyone care to give me their knee-jerk reaction to my gig?  Not that anybody's going to see it anytime soon: there are over 20,000 proofreading/editing gigs already out there!  In any case, take a look if you have a minute. 

I have NO idea where that "50 years of proofreading experience" came from in the URL. Looks a little silly, I'm hoping I can change it somehow.

Thanks!

The 50 years of experience also stood out to me! If you have any more photos/videos I would also add them as it gives the buyer more information. As others said I don't believe you can change the url unless you create a new gig. Hope it helps 😉

Also, don't include anything related to academic work and the word essay. It will get you in trouble with Fiverr, serious trouble. I see you're offering to proofread academic papers and college admission essays. Please take those away.

First, thanks for the replies!!

I read about the "academic" prohibition, and at first I removed them.  But on further exploration, I found tons of other gigs that listed those, including many of those high-dollar "pro" gigs.  I also saw several pro gigs that ran multiple ads advertising the same gig, which is also supposed to be prohibited.  Thus, I assumed that Fiverr just didn't monitor things very closely, and added them back.  I guess I could remove them anyway; I don't need any trouble from Fiverr.

14 minutes ago, osmigo said:

First, thanks for the replies!!

I read about "academic" prohibition, and at first I removed them.  But on further exploration, I found tons of other gigs that listed those, including many of those high-dollar "pro" gigs.  I also saw several pro gigs that ran multiple ads advertising the same gig, which is also supposed to be prohibited.  Thus, I assumed that Fiverr just didn't monitor things very closely, and added them back.  I guess I could remove them anyway; I don't need any trouble from Fiverr.

Yes, Fiverr does monitor your Gigs and your gigs could be removed and you could potentially be banned. Check out the terms of service for more: https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

2 hours ago, osmigo said:

Thanks!

Actually I have no Idea in this field .But I can say one thing that you 50+ experience so it can help buyers to get their best service.

I looked in the Fiverr policy statement above, and all I can find is a prohibition against "Offering to prepare academic works on behalf of Buyers."  Nothing about proofreading academic papers, or anything related to admissions essays.  In fact, many Fiverrs openly advertise the service of editing and rewriting university admissions essays, including some high-level sellers with hundreds of reviews.  

Archived