Client is (unfairly) trying to get a refund

carasylvia

I completed a web copy project for a client about a week ago. He didn’t like the first example given (said it was too similar to the info he’d given me, which was from another business of his) so asked for a rewrite. Rewrite is significantly too short apparently. I tell him that I’d need more information from him personally. He says that we aren’t a good fit and wants a refund. What do I do?

(I had officially delivered the first one, but he hadn’t requested a revision. The money is in my account)

This is the first time.

You can stand your ground if you believe that you have delivered accordingly to what is stated on your gig and the available revisions you offer. Or you can give the refund… Should you do the first route, buyer might reach out with CS and they will be the one to decide what happens.

You can stand your ground if you believe that you have delivered accordingly to what is stated on your gig and the available revisions you offer. Or you can give the refund… Should you do the first route, buyer might reach out with CS and they will be the one to decide what happens.

Stood my ground. I explicitly stated in the messages that I could do the work if he gave me more info, he declined and requested a refund (again), I declined, he’s no escalating it. If it’s a fair procedure it would be in my favour, but I don’t know how much Fiverr panders towards the customer.

Stood my ground. I explicitly stated in the messages that I could do the work if he gave me more info, he declined and requested a refund (again), I declined, he’s no escalating it. If it’s a fair procedure it would be in my favour, but I don’t know how much Fiverr panders towards the customer.

Fiverr will (in my experience) tell you that it can’t force a buyer to complete an order but that one is welcome to notify the buyer that the order isn’t eligible for cancellation. Continue to stand your ground, and eventually the buyer will have to give in or commit some terms of service violation that will result in the removal of said buyer.

Hope things work out well for you.

That’s great hopefully he settles down and accepts his lack of input. Clearly you did what you could. Hoping for the best!

Fiverr will (in my experience) tell you that it can’t force a buyer to complete an order but that one is welcome to notify the buyer that the order isn’t eligible for cancellation. Continue to stand your ground, and eventually the buyer will have to give in or commit some terms of service violation that will result in the removal of said buyer.

Hope things work out well for you.

Thank you <3 The order did get automatically marked as complete, so I’m hoping that works in my favour

Archived