Does a longer delivery time make the client likely to spend more?

mitrech

Yes, but it’s useless to mention this in native language because it wouldn’t be highlight and sellers have an option to pick sellers from their areas.

I see, maybe the problem is that people want to go cheaper if it’s for youtube videos… I mean, most channels upload at least 1 video weekly, I won’t have 50$ every week to edit a decent video, so I need to rely on 5$ sellers even if it’s not the ideal quality. Don’t know if you have other gigs, but if video editing is your field there are a lot of other niches to work in that maybe will perform better. Though freelancing is a rollercoaster, so we all have to keep that in mind.

This is not totally accurate. It depends on who you get to. I edit for a YouTuber atm, and he buys a $125 order every single day (it’s a pretty simple edit, takes me around an hour to get it done). I’ve edited for large youtubers in the past and was charging around 2k a month for one video per week (this was outside Fiverr). It can be done.

The key point is they have to be a YouTuber. Making videos for YouTube is not being a YouTuber. Getting paid enough from YouTube to pay your bills makes you a YouTuber. As a rule of thumb, less than 100k subs? Probably not worth it as a client (mileage may vary).

This is not totally accurate. It depends on who you get to. I edit for a YouTuber atm, and he buys a $125 order every single day (it’s a pretty simple edit, takes me around an hour to get it done). I’ve edited for large youtubers in the past and was charging around 2k a month for one video per week (this was outside Fiverr). It can be done.

The key point is they have to be a YouTuber. Making videos for YouTube is not being a YouTuber. Getting paid enough from YouTube to pay your bills makes you a YouTuber. As a rule of thumb, less than 100k subs? Probably not worth it as a client (mileage may vary).

Now that you’re top rated seller, I guess you have found things more interesting than youtube and twitch video editing.

In my case, I did 2k€ last months and this month 100€, I think it’s a matter of finding the right buyer, because I’ve been working for youtubers having like 100k subs to 800k, but those for who I’m working with out of fiverr aren’t making videos every weeks.

Also, to make a 10 minutes video, I spend an entire day because I do intro/outro, VFX, sometimes animated elements, I work hard on the artistic purpose, it’s a long job.

Now that you’re top rated seller, I guess you have found things more interesting than youtube and twitch video editing.

In my case, I did 2k€ last months and this month 100€, I think it’s a matter of finding the right buyer, because I’ve been working for youtubers having like 100k subs to 800k, but those for who I’m working with out of fiverr aren’t making videos every weeks.

Also, to make a 10 minutes video, I spend an entire day because I do intro/outro, VFX, sometimes animated elements, I work hard on the artistic purpose, it’s a long job.

One day may be a lot or way too little for a 10 minute video. That by itself doesn’t mean anything.

I would say not to focus on YouTube on Fiverr, and if you do, don’t focus on gaming, twitch, etc. Lots of kids in those spaces. And yeah, I work with companies and brands, but I still work with youtubers now, and they can be some of the best clients (if they are the right fit). I wouldn’t edit for game streamers though, no patience for that kind of edit tbh. And I wouldn’t make gigs around that, since they tend not to look very impressive, and can actually turn away corporate clients looking for professionalism. They like things to look a certain way, and to get them you want to associate your image with brands, not cs go players.

One day may be a lot or way too little for a 10 minute video. That by itself doesn’t mean anything.

I would say not to focus on YouTube on Fiverr, and if you do, don’t focus on gaming, twitch, etc. Lots of kids in those spaces. And yeah, I work with companies and brands, but I still work with youtubers now, and they can be some of the best clients (if they are the right fit). I wouldn’t edit for game streamers though, no patience for that kind of edit tbh. And I wouldn’t make gigs around that, since they tend not to look very impressive, and can actually turn away corporate clients looking for professionalism. They like things to look a certain way, and to get them you want to associate your image with brands, not cs go players.

You’re right, well, through gaming I’ve got some interesting persons but yes, i must say I’m tired to do videos with all the same progressive zooms and adding memes when it has to be funny… I’ve just hit this because it was the thing working the most atm, I knew that streamers are massivly recruiting editors, but yes, I’m gonna question on what selse I can do.

This is not totally accurate. It depends on who you get to. I edit for a YouTuber atm, and he buys a $125

As you said, a YouTuber is not the same as the average person who uploads videos to Youtube.

That being said, there are very few chances a real YouTuber orders in Fiverr. That’s why most editors get only the average amateur who wants to be successful one day as customers.

it defends upon your project and buyer.

This is not totally accurate. It depends on who you get to. I edit for a YouTuber atm, and he buys a $125

As you said, a YouTuber is not the same as the average person who uploads videos to Youtube.

That being said, there are very few chances a real YouTuber orders in Fiverr. That’s why most editors get only the average amateur who wants to be successful one day as customers.

get only the average amateur who wants to be successful one day.

True, it was the majority of my buyers :rofl:

get only the average amateur who wants to be successful one day.

True, it was the majority of my buyers :rofl:

it was the majority of my buyers

It’s likely to happen, everyone can stream or upload a video to Youtube, but not everyone can make a living out of it.

I think you should focus in a more mature or corporative audience, as visualstudios said. Or try to do something more representative. I would go crazy if I had to edit a stream! The style of editing that everyone loves on YouTube and Twitch is very simple, as you said, few memes here and there and that’s it. The combination of being an amateur streamer + thinking the editing style you do is simple = buyers that want to go cheaper and cheaper every time and aren’t loyal.

it was the majority of my buyers

It’s likely to happen, everyone can stream or upload a video to Youtube, but not everyone can make a living out of it.

I think you should focus in a more mature or corporative audience, as visualstudios said. Or try to do something more representative. I would go crazy if I had to edit a stream! The style of editing that everyone loves on YouTube and Twitch is very simple, as you said, few memes here and there and that’s it. The combination of being an amateur streamer + thinking the editing style you do is simple = buyers that want to go cheaper and cheaper every time and aren’t loyal.

It depends, sometimes it’s more than that, but yes, the usual work is mainly cuts/zooms/memes, not really interesting.

The thing is that about buyers, it’s random, I can get random people who want video editing or like, right now for example I just got a DM from a buyer who has a youtube channel with 540K subs and needs 4 videos per week.

Right after replying topics :rofl:

It depends, sometimes it’s more than that, but yes, the usual work is mainly cuts/zooms/memes, not really interesting.

The thing is that about buyers, it’s random, I can get random people who want video editing or like, right now for example I just got a DM from a buyer who has a youtube channel with 540K subs and needs 4 videos per week.

540K subs and needs 4 videos per week.

Hope you can get them to place the order. If he likes your work maybe it means a consistent work flow.

The thing i don’t understand is that those video editors working for cheap have 11 orders in queue, deliver around 3 days, and have to analyze hours of streams to make videos around 5 minutes.

I don’t understand how do they do this, maybe they work with family, or have full templates ready, I don’t know, quality isn’t there tho.

Some of them work in teams. One person might not be handling everything

Check his views, price accordingly. You need to think about it and price for value. If someone is making 5k a month on YouTube, and you are doing all the editing work, how much should you make per month?

Check his views, price accordingly. You need to think about it and price for value. If someone is making 5k a month on YouTube, and you are doing all the editing work, how much should you make per month?

I never thought through that way, I don’t know, i’m in the business since only some months, I’ve just setup my prices for videos per minutes, because I never asked how much they’re earning by streaming.

My friend who’s musician and a twitch streamer with 20k followers, she also has her merch, sponso by guitar amp brands, I think she must be earning around 3k € a month, she pays me even more than what I charge on fiverr, but it’s because I know her.

I never thought through that way, I don’t know, i’m in the business since only some months, I’ve just setup my prices for videos per minutes, because I never asked how much they’re earning by streaming.

My friend who’s musician and a twitch streamer with 20k followers, she also has her merch, sponso by guitar amp brands, I think she must be earning around 3k € a month, she pays me even more than what I charge on fiverr, but it’s because I know her.

Always price for value. It makes no sense charging the same to someone who is going to make $100 with your work and someone who is going to make $1000. Your work value is objectively different for them, it’s 10 times more valuable to the second guy. So he must pay more.

Always price for value. It makes no sense charging the same to someone who is going to make $100 with your work and someone who is going to make $1000. Your work value is objectively different for them, it’s 10 times more valuable to the second guy. So he must pay more.

True, but the problem with fiverr is that we don’t know our buyers, there isn’t a real contact as in real life and prices are “seatle” in following 3 packages.

True, but the problem with fiverr is that we don’t know our buyers, there isn’t a real contact as in real life and prices are “seatle” in following 3 packages.

That’s not how I work. My prices are ballpark values, I never do an order without discussing with the client and negotiating a budget first. I use the packages as “suggested price points”, the value of each project will be unique and according to the client and project.

That’s not how I work. My prices are ballpark values, I never do an order without discussing with the client and negotiating a budget first. I use the packages as “suggested price points”, the value of each project will be unique and according to the client and project.

Oooooh, okay, I understand now, thanks for your advices

Archived