Every other person is asking for drafts first before placing order

markauther

Hello!!
I Hope you all are doing well, I have question and need your valuable opinion on it.
Since last night Who ever is messaging me asking for free draft before he place order and even one of the seller is asking for revision even after receiving drafts?

I even asked him to place order

Please advise

Asking for a revision on a free piece of work is an absolute joke. The NERVE of these people! Just say no. End of story. If they get defensive or aggressive then block them. This isn’t an audition platform.

Thank you so much for your piece

If the user doesn’t pay, it’s not a client. Doesn’t matter what he or she wants from you - without an order they can ask whatever they want. You should offer a cheap/minimalistic TEST PACKAGE for drafts. I offer the same thing. Everyone who is just looking for free work will leave you alone and only clients with serious intentions will proceed to see what you can do for them. It does also help both sides a lot as you can proof your work quality first and you can make sure clients like what you are doing and take the process serious.

It’s not good trend at all. I think you should simply ask them “Sorry i’m not available”. This is good way to avoid such a buyers.

I’m part of gig rotation and merely get a message even though I have good reviews and rating, its the third month I’m not in search and thats why I should furnish free draft if they asked

If the user doesn’t pay, it’s not a client. Doesn’t matter what he or she wants from you - without an order they can ask whatever they want. You should offer a cheap/minimalistic TEST PACKAGE for drafts. I offer the same thing. Everyone who is just looking for free work will leave you alone and only clients with serious intentions will proceed to see what you can do for them. It does also help both sides a lot as you can proof your work quality first and you can make sure clients like what you are doing and take the process serious.

fer a cheap/minimalistic TEST PACKAGE for drafts. I offer the same thing. Everyone who is just looking for free work will

It doesn’t work in the long run, trust me! They will just take your work to another seller to recreate it for a lower price.

fer a cheap/minimalistic TEST PACKAGE for drafts. I offer the same thing. Everyone who is just looking for free work will

It doesn’t work in the long run, trust me! They will just take your work to another seller to recreate it for a lower price.

One of them proceeded order after asking him third time 😃

One of them proceeded order after asking him third time 😃

from my experience, those turn out to be the most difficult and hard to reason clients. I feel your frustration as I am going through the same thing. Perfect stats, all 100%, 5 star reviews and little to no exposure and no new orders. Don’t panic!

from my experience, those turn out to be the most difficult and hard to reason clients. I feel your frustration as I am going through the same thing. Perfect stats, all 100%, 5 star reviews and little to no exposure and no new orders. Don’t panic!

what we need to do than? 🤨

As already advised DO NOT engage in giving away work for free, even if the buyer pretends it is a Test or Samples of your abilities.

If you don’t have a Portfolio, work on fixing that so you can refer people to work you have done.

Otherwise tell them to eff off and block them as they are scummy scammers scavenging. Fiverr make it clear in the TOS that no free work is to be asked for or given.

🙂

As already advised DO NOT engage in giving away work for free, even if the buyer pretends it is a Test or Samples of your abilities.

If you don’t have a Portfolio, work on fixing that so you can refer people to work you have done.

Otherwise tell them to eff off and block them as they are scummy scammers scavenging. Fiverr make it clear in the TOS that no free work is to be asked for or given.

🙂

Great Piece of advise!! I really appreciate your time!

What kind of services are you providing…
I’m a graphic designer
Here in my case… when they ask for samples to be designed… I’ll provide sample with poor quality and add some watermark overlay on it. If they are satisfied I’ll make custom order. it’s very good I think. because; It helps to increase your conversion rate… Lol

I’m a graphic designer

Here in my case… when they ask for samples to be designed… I’ll provide sample with poor quality and add some watermark overlay on it. If they are satisfied I’ll make custom order. it’s very good I think. because; It helps to increase your conversion rate… Lol

I’m a graphic designer too and yes I do send them screen shoots with watermark too. but yes some buyers even after liking the samples run away and do not understand the time value of seller.

I’m a graphic designer

Please do not do this or encourage others to do this as is only encourages what should never happen in professional work.

When some do it, it means that those who do the right thing and show portfolio are viewed as less “friendly” when in actual fact they are being the professional ones. Making others have to answer the “Oh but that other person does it” routine is not ok.

Please stop doing the work to try to “puppy dog” the buyers to you. It is poor form, even if you put watermarks on it.

Show existing work in your portfolio all day and all night. Send the work you did every day for the last thousand years, million years, stuffed into the undies of otherwise naked ladies… 👠

🙂

This:

Hey Looking for someone who’s up for helping me with this vision. Artist name: Y.O.G Wayne-T top left corner Photo in middle Song title in lower right corner Crown Pursuit Entertainment at bottom (small) Black and white with white background Font in Old English trimmed in light gold if possible. Would also like the necklace and earring to keep original color. Willing to pay more if i really like your work. Please send me your best work $60

Is exactly what giving away work leads to. This Muppet thinks that he has the right to demand that an infinite number of sad losers (his thinking) should jump up and make his cover on spec so he can peruse them all like he is the Emperor of All. 99% of time put into this is wasted. His supposedly magnanimous offer to tip is further insult. He will probably hire no one or if he does will not only abuse them but not tip, let alone credit "Artwork By: Nice Artist on any album pages.

Do not feel the trolls please

Grrr

Please do not do this or encourage others to do this as is only encourages what should never happen in professional work.

When some do it, it means that those who do the right thing and show portfolio are viewed as less “friendly” when in actual fact they are being the professional ones. Making others have to answer the “Oh but that other person does it” routine is not ok.

Please stop doing the work to try to “puppy dog” the buyers to you. It is poor form, even if you put watermarks on it.

Show existing work in your portfolio all day and all night. Send the work you did every day for the last thousand years, million years, stuffed into the undies of otherwise naked ladies… 👠

🙂

Yeah, You are saying the right path. but this is the way to get orders for newbies like me. and I like your trolls replies 😃

He isn’t trolling. He knows what he’s talking about and it would help to listen. Offering free work out of desperation drags everyone down. It ISN’T the only way to get new orders. It’s a way to encourage scammers and cheapskates.

If more people would just say no and stop offering work for free and value themselves a little higher, then we would all benefit and do a little to support industries.

It definitely works in my case (about 4 years), so it might depend on the service you’re offering. If you’re providing something unique and high quality, people want to work with YOU because of your skills and product. I would say about 90% of the clients who purchase one of my test packages proceed to work with me on one of the full price packages.

But in the end it doesn’t matter. This is just a fee for your time, so you don’t end up working on samples for free. Never - work - for - free! If they go to another seller afterwards, that could have multiple reasons. But for me it sounds like there is someone else who offers the same quality for lower prices. That’s competition, so I can only recommend to step up your game. I have clients tell me they found similar services (even cheaper) but they want to work with me because of the quality I’m providing. That’s what you want to hear.

He isn’t trolling. He knows what he’s talking about and it would help to listen. Offering free work out of desperation drags everyone down. It ISN’T the only way to get new orders. It’s a way to encourage scammers and cheapskates.

If more people would just say no and stop offering work for free and value themselves a little higher, then we would all benefit and do a little to support industries.

I got your point!!! I will ask such peoples a straight NO

I got your point!!! I will ask such peoples a straight NO

They can go by your already available samples or pay a small fee. You can even offer to deduct the fee from the overall costs if they order from you. But you’d need to do this with a custom offer as partial refunds aren’t available, so don’t back yourself into a corner.

Over time, you start to recognise who is genuine and who is trying to just get free work. Like the “I need a free sample script first.” NOPE.

Archived