If a seller says money back guarantee and they don't follow up

mohbee0

I came across a seller who says that they offer a money back guarantee if you are not happy with the finished product. I wanted to know, if they did provide something disappointing and a buyer was to ask for their money back, does the seller actually have to give it back? I also want to know if the seller refuses to refund, will fiverr support step in and help the buyer get a refund?

Maybe stay away from sellers who over this guarantee, they are either extremely desperate of have zero self-confidence.

On a side note (and I hope I’m wrong), it literally sounds like you are looking to prey on these sellers in order to exploit a loophole (just saying).

Maybe stay away from sellers who over this guarantee, they are either extremely desperate of have zero self-confidence.

On a side note (and I hope I’m wrong), it literally sounds like you are looking to prey on these sellers in order to exploit a loophole (just saying).

Well you are wrong, because i’ve literally just gone and ordered from a seller who doesn’t offer a money back guarantee, it was just a question as i was curious.

I genuinely don’t understand why anyone would shoot themselves in the foot with offering money back guarantee (for each cancelled order, you lose your revenue AND your stats go down slightly, etc.) Obviously, they’d have to follow through with it (since that’s what they’ve promised) but I’d stay clear of them as well since it’s a clear sign of ‘I don’t even know what I’m doing’! That being said according to the ToS you can’t cancel an order say, just because you don’t LIKE the colour (as long as the seller has followed all instructions, since art/etc can be finicky like that (not sure if that’s still in there, last time it was) but… yeah, if the seller offers it back then I’d imagine they’d be encouraged to do so.

I think those who offer a “money back guarantee”, 100% satisfaction or unlimited revisions are setting themselves up for failure here. While you may not be a predator who is looking to get free work from some new seller offering these things, there are buyers who actually target those sellers who have these claims in their Gigs.

Now, if you order something and it is totally OFF from what they were to deliver, yes, you have a right to use the Resolution Center and dispute the order or ask them to revise it. If you feel they are really out of left field when it comes to doing what you needed, you can also use the Resolution Center to ask them to cancel the order and why you want this. But, don’t be surprised if some sellers deny the cancellation (even those with those promises above in their Gig write ups). This is when you may have to contact customer service with proof of your claim that the order was not fulfilled correctly.

GG

Well, orders can’t be refunded because a buyer “didn’t like it”. Work quality is not a reason accepted by Fiverr for refunds.

So, technically the seller should stick to his word and refund. But most of them won’t, because those people offering this are most likely desperate to get a sale no matter what.

Well, orders can’t be refunded because a buyer “didn’t like it”. Work quality is not a reason accepted by Fiverr for refunds.

So, technically the seller should stick to his word and refund. But most of them won’t, because those people offering this are most likely desperate to get a sale no matter what.

Problem is, many times if a buyer goes to customer service and complains, voila! they get their way and the order is cancelled. And, if the seller has this nonsense of 100% guaranteed or Money Back Guarantee, they have already given customer service a reason to refund - even if the buyer is a scammer!

Some write their profiles here like they enjoy kicking themselves in the teeth.

GG

Problem is, many times if a buyer goes to customer service and complains, voila! they get their way and the order is cancelled. And, if the seller has this nonsense of 100% guaranteed or Money Back Guarantee, they have already given customer service a reason to refund - even if the buyer is a scammer!

Some write their profiles here like they enjoy kicking themselves in the teeth.

GG

So if i wanted to start selling on fiverr, it would be wise not to offer a money back guarantee

Gigs from Sellers who use terms/offers like:

!00% Satisfaction
Money-Back Guarantee
Unlimited Revisions

Are the types of Sellers who:

• got bad advice from a YouTube “expert”
  • lack some of the skills they say they have in their Gigs
  • are not very confident in their abilities
  • may be “desperate” for work and use these terms to “attract” business

Sadly, these are Sellers who should read more such as the Fiverr Terms of Service, and additional posts on the Forum under Fiverr Tips to learn better ways of presenting themselves in their Gigs.

Unfortunately, not all the advice found here is good and some Buyers discover Sellers who fall short for various reasons.

It happens.

Archived