How long did you wait to become a full time freelencer employee?

serrakizilkaya

You have a contradiction in terms. A freelancer is not an employee.

I took around 3 or 4 months to be sustainable as a freelancer. For me it’s not about how much I make each month (as that can vary a lot), but averages and having enough money on the side to be able to go a long time waiting for the right clients.

That’s a fair question.

For me, I had an interesting situation. I owned and published a small town weekly newspaper. When the advertising revenue started to take a dip, I turned to freelancing online. I started with a different online platform and once I got my feet wet, I came over to Fiverr.

I started freelancing in January 2014.

I eventually made enough doing that, that I closed my newspaper down in July 2016 and started freelancing full-time in September 2016. I make more annually freelancing then I did at the newspaper and I was the owner.

I also offer rather common gigs that seem to have a real demand for them - I am an article/blog writer.

I think the answer to your question depends on whether or not you are prepared to work full-time at it and if you offer a service that truly has a demand. Those two things should give you an idea if you can make this an actual career.

Good luck!

That’s a fair question.

For me, I had an interesting situation. I owned and published a small town weekly newspaper. When the advertising revenue started to take a dip, I turned to freelancing online. I started with a different online platform and once I got my feet wet, I came over to Fiverr.

I eventually made enough doing that, that I closed my newspaper down in July 2016 and started freelancing full-time in September 2016. I make more annually freelancing then I did at the newspaper and I was the owner.

I also offer rather common gigs that seem to have a real demand for them - I am an article/blog writer.

I think the answer to your question depends on whether or not you are prepared to work full-time at it and if you offer a service that truly has a demand. Those two things should give you an idea if you can make this an actual career.

Good luck!

I started freelancing in January 2014

I started a few months earlier as a freelancer, but I joined Fiverr the same month you did. Nice!!

That’s a fair question.

Good luck!

I think the answer to your question depends on whether or not you are prepared to work full-time at it and if you offer a service that truly has a demand.

I agree. To become a full time freelancer, the client / buyer must have a full time requirement.

Archived