"Unlimited revision" I don't Support it

minimalist1logo

When we are sent a buyer request, we write revision unlimited. I don’t support it.
Because
1.It indicate seller work quality is Poor.
2.It indicate seller skill level is low.
3.We have no more time for unlimited revisions.
4.Buyer not get confidence level to us…
5.Buyer not waste his valuable time for unlimited revision.
So,3 or 5 revision is better.
Am I right or wrong? Please tell me.

When we are sent a buyer request, we write revision unlimited. I don’t support it.

Because

we write revision unlimited

Who does this?

No one is doing this. Unlimited revisions means lifetime work for same initial cost.

Guest humanissocial

we write revision unlimited

Who does this?

No one is doing this. Unlimited revisions means lifetime work for same initial cost.

I think a lot of sellers feel offering unlimited revisions make buyers feel safer in purchasing from them, but really it just makes buyers wonder why you need to offer unlimited attempts to do the job properly.

It does not inspire confidence in skilled buyers. It just attracts incompetent buyers and scammers who feel they can manipulate you.

I think a lot of sellers feel offering unlimited revisions make buyers feel safer in purchasing from them, but really it just makes buyers wonder why you need to offer unlimited attempts to do the job properly.

It does not inspire confidence in skilled buyers. It just attracts incompetent buyers and scammers who feel they can manipulate you.

Thanks for valuable advice.

Ack!

I usually provide ONE revision per job, if requested. In fact, I think I’ve actually removed that option from all my Gigs as it did get abused a time or two.

That doesn’t mean I’m not going to make a revision where it is warranted, either.

Unlimited revisions is just one way to get more out of you without paying for it. The time you spend on unlimited revisions is time that could have been spent on pleasing new clients.

Ack!

I usually provide ONE revision per job, if requested. In fact, I think I’ve actually removed that option from all my Gigs as it did get abused a time or two.

That doesn’t mean I’m not going to make a revision where it is warranted, either.

Unlimited revisions is just one way to get more out of you without paying for it. The time you spend on unlimited revisions is time that could have been spent on pleasing new clients.

I’m thinking I need to go back and remove revisions completely. I’ve been on Fiverr for 5 months and nobody has ever requested one… until tonight. He paid for 3 hours of work and I did 3.5 and after delivery he wanted something else added that was impossible to figure out from what he provided me and not listed in my gig and not in his original request. So now I’m waiting on him to find a new file to send me for me to redo 3.5 hours of work. I’ve never reached out to CS, just got to Level 1 yesterday and am dreading this. 😦

I’m thinking I need to go back and remove revisions completely. I’ve been on Fiverr for 5 months and nobody has ever requested one… until tonight. He paid for 3 hours of work and I did 3.5 and after delivery he wanted something else added that was impossible to figure out from what he provided me and not listed in my gig and not in his original request. So now I’m waiting on him to find a new file to send me for me to redo 3.5 hours of work. I’ve never reached out to CS, just got to Level 1 yesterday and am dreading this. 😦

Uh-oh. I think your first sentence is your answer for the future. You have to protect yourself, as well.

Guest humanissocial

Ack!

Unlimited revisions is just one way to get more out of you without paying for it. The time you spend on unlimited revisions is time that could have been spent on pleasing new clients

👏 exactly

I agree with you all, but not all buyers are scammers. If you have a cheap gig, chances of running into scammers are much higher. If you have an expensive gig, your buyers would love to be able to make modifications. It also depends on the service you are offering. Some buyers make loads of mistakes with their content its a bit annoying that they cant review it all in one request, but most buyers have very busy schedules, and might only catch some of their errors one at a time. Your definition of “revisions” should also be made clear. People mistake revisions for concepts. I try to see things from the perspective of both the buyer and seller.

As for indicating seller skill and work quality, you have buyer reviews for that purpose. It all comes down to how you want to run your business.

Personally there should be a limit unless you are giving me unlimited funds.

Because

I think you’re defaming many sellers.

How do you know? There are many eager sellers offering unlimited revisions, they’re eager to work, they want orders, so they offer this.

I don’t do it anymore, but I did it when I was starting out.

Buyers will demand multiple revisions even if you only offer one revision, or none. That modification button works each and every time.

I only offer one revision. You do what works for you. If you offer 3 or 5, then I hope you can make your deadlines, hope you can extend delivery if need be.

I think you’re defaming many sellers.

How do you know? There are many eager sellers offering unlimited revisions, they’re eager to work, they want orders, so they offer this.

I don’t do it anymore, but I did it when I was starting out.

Buyers will demand multiple revisions even if you only offer one revision, or none. That modification button works each and every time.

I only offer one revision. You do what works for you. If you offer 3 or 5, then I hope you can make your deadlines, hope you can extend delivery if need be.

It’s my opinion, I don’t defaming any seller here.

Thanks.

You are absolutely right.

I agree with you all, but not all buyers are scammers. If you have a cheap gig, chances of running into scammers are much higher. If you have an expensive gig, your buyers would love to be able to make modifications. It also depends on the service you are offering. Some buyers make loads of mistakes with their content its a bit annoying that they cant review it all in one request, but most buyers have very busy schedules, and might only catch some of their errors one at a time. Your definition of “revisions” should also be made clear. People mistake revisions for concepts. I try to see things from the perspective of both the buyer and seller.

As for indicating seller skill and work quality, you have buyer reviews for that purpose. It all comes down to how you want to run your business.

Personally there should be a limit unless you are giving me unlimited funds.

Thanks for Valuable logic.

I ask myself this question every day.
But on this platform, you have to deliver within a certain period of time, and even if many customers are not aware of it, the revision seems unlimited but it is actually under your control. Although it depends on what you do, it has never been a problem for me. I care about customer satisfaction as long as the skeleton design is not changed.

Archived