Is Fiverr dead?

rrebai

Fiverr likes to hide super selling gigs that have been around for years, and prioritize showing gigs with little to no sales. I would assume many buyers leave the site if they only see low performing gigs even when sorted by best selling, thinking that no one has talent or experience from selling.

I too struggled hard to find two sellers who have been around since the start almost, with tens of thousands of reviews. I managed to find one on page 9 I recall.

I too struggled hard to find two sellers who have been around since the start almost, with tens of thousands of reviews. I managed to find one on page 9 I recall.

I have 8000+ reviews on my gig and right now I am fully removed from search. So I fully agree with all you said.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also my gig on last page I am level 2 seller, all 5 stars

Also my gig on last page I am level 2 seller

There are always level 2 or top rated sellers that are on the back. I myself was on the last pages for over 6 months. However your goal as a freelance and owner of your business is to build a business that doesn’t depend on fiverr algorithm.

Also my gig on last page I am level 2 seller

There are always level 2 or top rated sellers that are on the back. I myself was on the last pages for over 6 months. However your goal as a freelance and owner of your business is to build a business that doesn’t depend on fiverr algorithm.

Then what is the benefit of fiverr platform?

My last delivery was 6 months ago and I haven’t got any new massage or orders too 🙂 I understand that I use this platform for side job only, but since I got to quit to my main job this month due to COVID-19 effects, I need to turn this into my main job for awhile. Let’s help each other mate. And God bless you

Thank you for sharing your experience Frank.

I am quite fresh on the platform and as a Programmer I do have a good sense of what is necessary to succeed on this platform.

I am still wondering if you could elaborate on your quite vague statement that Fiverr has “evolved” into a new era. What is that new era like ?

I am guessing there are alot more services on the platform and to allow for good matches, Fiverr tries to make sure to match people with the highest possible outcome. I could imagine country and language also may have an impact for example. My best customers of my dozens are from my country which just makes things easier to communicate. I dont believe its random, I think the algo helped with that match.

Still, what do you mean with new era ? Would elaborate on how to stay relevant and what kind of adjustments one could do to stay on top ?

Glad I could help @finndev478

Well this is a rather complicated subject.

I wasn’t trying to be vague on purpose. It’s just there’s a lot to unpack here, and no one seems to want to hear it.

The way the platform works now, is heavily based on what the buyer’s profile looks like and what they search.

So we went from a rather dumb machine that just looks at a seller’s reviews and delivery stats to rank gigs, to a highly sophisticated algorithm that takes hundreds of things into consideration, and is trying to make a match.

Anyone who keeps talking about ranking and SEO has missed the boat.

Fiverr wants to reach a point where someone will enter the platform, search for something, click once on a gig and then hit the purchase button.

That’s the gist of it. They won’t to make efficient sales.

Sellers are not being punished, they are just not optimized for how Fiverr now operates.

As for your assumption, yes that’s only partly true. I think the main factor for why your best clients are from your country is the fact that Fiverr has officially launched in Germany.

So sellers in France and Spain (I think that’s where they were planning on launching soon?) will start seeing the same thing.

And again, serving people from your region has to do with efficiency.

But Fiverr can’t push for that in smaller markets, where they don’t want to have an official presence yet.

• 2 months later...

Archived