Is this rude or am I reading too much into it?

gwyneth_galvin

Quick update: buyer refused to cancel twice but CS had my back and cancelled on my behalf. They’re also investigating the buyer.

This buyer was part of some new business affiliate thing on fiverr. Anyone familiar with that? I got a notification saying to deliver excellent work to “earn their trust and get more orders with their team.” Give me a break. How about buyers earn my trust first? I hate having to sing and dance for people who can’t even be polite at the most basic level.

Quick update: buyer refused to cancel twice but CS had my back and cancelled on my behalf. They’re also investigating the buyer.

Excellent, I’m happy to see this. That buyer was incredibly rude, and I’m absolutely in favor of canceling, reporting and blocking rude people like that. The platform doesn’t need that kind of attitude, and I’m glad to see CS taking that extra step.

Just say no to rude, abusive buyers. Don’t forget to block them. 😉

Good for you for cancelling. I like how they would sometimes try to assert their dominance (or whatever this is) while having no idea that we can just turn around and cancel orders through CS.

My people are considered rude in general so I don’t think it’d be frustrated by the wording. I would be very frustrated by the overall approach, however. What am I supposed to get on with based on zero information I’ve received?

I don’t want to jinx it but I’ve had great experiences with business affiliate buyers so far. A few of my regulars turned out to belong to the category as well. Now, fiverr’s choice buyers are an entirely different story.

Good for you for cancelling. I like how they would sometimes try to assert their dominance (or whatever this is) while having no idea that we can just turn around and cancel orders through CS.

My people are considered rude in general so I don’t think it’d be frustrated by the wording. I would be very frustrated by the overall approach, however. What am I supposed to get on with based on zero information I’ve received?

I don’t want to jinx it but I’ve had great experiences with business affiliate buyers so far. A few of my regulars turned out to belong to the category as well. Now, fiverr’s choice buyers are an entirely different story.

I think you misunderstood my message. I had a notification from Fiverr, not the buyer. It’s a new program (or new to me) with “distinguished” teams of buyers, and had nothing to do with my isolated interaction with this buyer.

I haven’t had any negative experiences (with actual buyers) on Fiverr because of my image. I use my real photo because I’m building my brand and making a name for myself.

I don’t want to jinx it but I’ve had great experiences with business affiliate buyers so far.

I’m disappointed that my first experience was negative. I usually enjoy engaging with newly discovered features/opportunities as a seller.

Now, fiverr’s choice buyers are an entirely different story.

Don’t get me started 😅 It’s been probably 50/50 with Fiverr’s Choice buyers. I haven’t had a Fiverr’s Choice order in quite a while though, probably because I’ve been taking a lot of breaks this summer.

I think you misunderstood my message. I had a notification from Fiverr, not the buyer. It’s a new program (or new to me) with “distinguished” teams of buyers, and had nothing to do with my isolated interaction with this buyer.

I haven’t had any negative experiences (with actual buyers) on Fiverr because of my image. I use my real photo because I’m building my brand and making a name for myself.

I don’t want to jinx it but I’ve had great experiences with business affiliate buyers so far.

I’m disappointed that my first experience was negative. I usually enjoy engaging with newly discovered features/opportunities as a seller.

Now, fiverr’s choice buyers are an entirely different story.

Don’t get me started 😅 It’s been probably 50/50 with Fiverr’s Choice buyers. I haven’t had a Fiverr’s Choice order in quite a while though, probably because I’ve been taking a lot of breaks this summer.

I usually enjoy engaging with newly discovered features/opportunities as a seller.

Every time fiverr introduces something new, I go: “… oh no.” Most of the initiatives I worry about end up being harmless and/or useful but explicitly letting certain buyers know that they are entitled to receive “best” service from a given seller is totally backfiring. I don’t know how it’s being said or implied, but it is.

Don’t get me started

I had to cancel 3 orders since April, all of them Fiverr’s Choice. I was treated like I was selling 20 business card designs with unlimited revisions for $5 while being desperate for reviews the entire time, by all three of them. It’s a problem.

That’s pretty damn rude. Also, I don’t know if it’s just me, but it seems like quite the entitled reply. As in, a clear attempt to establish a hierarchy of sorts. Plus, it’s quite ****-ish (the starred alphabets are up to the reader’s interpretation haha) to order you around with zero information and a dismissive manner. I’m very glad to hear CS is backing you up on this and investigating this buyer as well. @gwyneth_galvin

PS: I didn’t get clarity on this part - will CS also ensure that this doesn’t affect your stats?

This buyer was part of some new business affiliate thing on fiverr. Anyone familiar with that? I got a notification saying to deliver excellent work to “earn their trust and get more orders with their team.” Give me a break. How about buyers earn my trust first? I hate having to sing and dance for people who can’t even be polite at the most basic level.

This buyer was part of some new business affiliate thing on fiverr. Anyone familiar with that?

Yes, it’s the new option for buyers, to have business teams here. And Fiverr also created a catalog of services suitable for business teams.

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011638017

I had two Business clients so far, no trouble at all.

That’s pretty damn rude. Also, I don’t know if it’s just me, but it seems like quite the entitled reply. As in, a clear attempt to establish a hierarchy of sorts. Plus, it’s quite ****-ish (the starred alphabets are up to the reader’s interpretation haha) to order you around with zero information and a dismissive manner. I’m very glad to hear CS is backing you up on this and investigating this buyer as well. @gwyneth_galvin

PS: I didn’t get clarity on this part - will CS also ensure that this doesn’t affect your stats?

Yep. At least, I’m 99.9% sure it never affects my stats. I’m always at 99% completion.

All in all, I’ll say that gaining knowledge is always good. Right?

I’m a knowledge-hungry person, yes. My brain just consumes information and stores it like in a vault, that’s why I remember “useless” facts such as that you shouldn’t pee on the wound if you got stung by a jellyfish, but instead dip it in ocean water because the salt water helps dissipate the venom.

I sincerely believe that knowledge is never useless, and I admire people hungry for more.

May we have a lot of knowledge-hungry persons on our planet. 🙂

• 6 months later...

Archived