What do you do when having a bad day?

ronhi85

13 minutes ago, imagination7413 said:

Imposter syndrome. Most people deal with it at one point or another, especially if there isn't anyone in their lives that is both truthful and encouraging. Doubt can be difficult to overcome.

Give me a bit and I'll see if I can find some resources. 

Thank you for understanding. I hope it will all work out at the end of the day 🙂

• Like 9
  • Congrats! 2

1 hour ago, maheennadeem814 said:

As of right now, I just rely on the Fiverr platform, which is unpredictable.

Hi @maheennadeem814. I am an empathetic and sympathetic person so I really do feel for you. However, like @imagination7413said, most people deal with what you are going through at times. I can't say that I have ever experienced my lowest in my freelance career, but I've had some rough times. Personally, I pray about it or talk to someone I trust, just like @imagination7413suggested as well. 

Is Fiverr your only source of income by choice or can you not find work anywhere else? I'm asking because maybe it would have been better to obtain stable employment first, then do Fiverr part-time until your finances and freelance career can support you adequately. 

As far as if knowing if you are on the right path, that's something you really have to figure out. How much do you believe in yourself and how bad do you want to succeed? More importantly, what kind of hard work are you willing to put in to get? I think people make their own paths, and no matter what direction it takes you, it's not about the destination, it's about the journey. If you this miserable, maybe you should revaluate some things.

And sorry, I tend to write a lot sometimes 🙁. I hope things get better for you.

• Like 15
  • Congrats! 2

10 minutes ago, words_to_wow said:

Hi @maheennadeem814. I am an empathetic and sympathetic person so I really do feel for you. However, like @imagination7413said, most people deal with what you are going through at times. I can't say that I have ever experienced my lowest in my freelance career, but I've had some rough times. Personally, I pray about it or talk to someone I trust, just like @imagination7413suggested as well. 

Is Fiverr your only source of income by choice or can you not find work anywhere else? I'm asking because maybe it would have been better to obtain stable employment first, then do Fiverr part-time until your finances and freelance career can support you adequately. 

As far as if knowing if you are on the right path, that's something you really have to figure out. How much do you believe in yourself and how bad do you want to succeed? More importantly, what kind of hard work are you willing to put in to get? I think people make their own paths, and no matter what direction it takes you, it's not about the destination, it's about the journey. If you this miserable, maybe you should revaluate some things.

Hi there! I appreciate your support and your ability to comprehend. Yes, @imagination743 immediately understood me.

Right now, Fiverr is my only source of income, and I'm also looking for local freelancing jobs. In order to secure a stable job, I'm trying to secure several projects while simultaneously looking for various remote positions.

and I pray that things improve. ☺️

• Like 12
  • Sad 2

It kind of sounds like maybe fear of the unknown.
Possibly if you take some steps to center/ground yourself, you'll find things start becoming more familiar, and then you'll feel more in control.
Like, in traditional Root Cause Analysis, it's exceptionally rare that the person is the source of the failing. The vast majority of the time it's the tools they were given weren't good enough, the training they were given was incomplete, or even communication of the tasks were misleading.
Like, if you step back and consider what kind of company you were employed by, and compare it to others, maybe the problem wasn't your individual contributions, but a leadership decision that made the company unrecoverable. If you wonder why you and not some others were laid off, maybe those others had closer relationships with the managers who decided who to keep and who to let go.
The more familiarity you gain with the situation, the more all the other cogs and wheels reveal themselves, and you gain a sense of ability to navigate them and don't feel as lost.

• Like 13
  • Up 2

On 1/28/2023 at 3:32 AM, moikchap said:

It kind of sounds like maybe fear of the unknown.
Possibly if you take some steps to center/ground yourself, you'll find things start becoming more familiar, and then you'll feel more in control.

Thank you for your thoughtful response. You make some valid points about the role of the unknown and the possibility of external factors contributing to my feelings of insecurity. I will definitely try to center and ground myself, and take a step back to gain more familiarity with the situation. I appreciate your insight and will consider the possibility that the problem may not have been my individual contributions, but rather a decision made by leadership or other factors beyond my control. Thank you again for your support.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, nextgen561 said:

Hey there! I understand how you're feeling. Imposter syndrome can be tough to deal with, especially when it feels like there's no one around who can be both truthful and encouraging. Doubt can be difficult to overcome, but know that you're not alone in this.

Thank you so much for your kind words and support. It means a lot to me to know that I'm not alone. I will definitely keep these five tips in mind and try to implement them in my daily life. I think talking to friends and loved ones, engaging in physical activities and hobbies, practicing mindfulness and meditation, writing in my journal, and seeking professional help are all great ways to deal with imposter syndrome. I will definitely give them a try.

I appreciate your encouragement to keep searching for new opportunities and not give up on my dreams. It's definitely not easy, but knowing that there are others who understand and support me gives me the strength to keep going. Thank you again for your words of encouragement and support. It means a lot to me.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

On 1/28/2023 at 12:36 AM, maheennadeem814 said:

Hello everyone! Today was not a good day for me. I woke up feeling low and worried about my career choices.

The condition was getting worse than ever, therefore the company I worked for lately laid off the staff.

As of right now, I just rely on the Fiverr platform, which is unpredictable.

I've been second-guessing my decisions and feeling unsure of myself.

I'm not sure if I'm making the right choices and it's causing me a lot of stress and anxiety.

I just can't shake the feeling that I'm not good enough or that I'm not on the right path. How do you guys cope when feeling low?

I have been in the same boat like you!!

Whenever I am feeling low, I always say prayers! And also think that what should I do next to overcome my fears or what should I do to improve my skills to earn better! But most importantly, I try to stay calm and positive!!  

Sometimes talking to best friend helps me a lot as she always encourages me to do this and that. We always decide to do some outing/lunch at restaurant so that we can feel better!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

On 1/28/2023 at 3:17 AM, words_to_wow said:

I absolutely agree with your advice—same thought for her. 🙂

• Like 9
  • Confused 1
  • Up 1

14 hours ago, smartdezigns said:

I have been in the same boat like you!!

Whenever I am feeling low, I always say prayers! And also think that what should I do next to overcome my fears or what should I do to improve my skills to earn better! But most importantly, I try to stay calm and positive!!  

Sometimes talking to best friend helps me a lot as she always encourages me to do this and that. We always decide to do some outing/lunch at restaurant so that we can feel better!

That's great! Keeping a positive mindset and having a support system like your best friend can really help during tough times. Taking small actions like going out or trying new activities can also boost your mood and give you a sense of accomplishment. I hope you feel better 😊

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, maheennadeem814 said:

That's great! Keeping a positive mindset and having a support system like your best friend can really help during tough times. Taking small actions like going out or trying new activities can also boost your mood and give you a sense of accomplishment. I hope you feel better 😊

I do. I wish you the same. Stay Strong and Positive! ✌

• Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 1