Unbeliveable and Unfair feedback

Guest pixelart_eti

how is that gonna help me if buyer has rating, in this case he bought my gig without talking to me.

When he purchases the gig , if he was rated , you could click on his name and see his rating then if you did not want to provide the sevice you would have the option to decline. If this system was put into effect of course.

Yes I do and you have to scroll down and view each individual rating as opposed to a rating next to their username such as the case with a seller. It will be more evident to the buyer to see this rating attached to their username.

you have to scroll down and view each individual rating as opposed to a rating next to their username

I see what you meant now. That may be helpful. But since it is a blind review, I usually do not leave anything less than a 3 s as I would by reading the actual feedback.

you have to scroll down and view each individual rating as opposed to a rating next to their username

I see what you meant now. That may be helpful. But since it is a blind review, I usually do not leave anything less than a 3 s as I would by reading the actual feedback.

That is a whole other revision to the system and you make a valid point. The seller should be able to read the review without having to rate the buyer first.

So I got a negative review recently under a similar circumstances (no messaging before, no specifics, assuming I speak French for some reason, then boom! - they’ve expected something different from what they got). As far as CS is concerned, the buyer has two choices: revise or leave a negative review. In my case (and in your case, I’m assuming) revising would involve actual communication and explaining what needs to be changed which both buyers couldn’t or didn’t want to do, so they went with option 2.

Which is rare, they usually attempt to cancel the order because “the work is subpar”. So congrats on getting paid.

As for getting a review removed, fiverr really, really doesn’t like to remove reviews. There is a long history as to why. The buyer being difficult and stating that they didn’t like an end result probably won’t be a good enough reason if direct threats to leave a negative review in retaliation aren’t according to some forum posts.

Sorry for your experience. Your work is good and cohesive, I’m sure you’ll leave this negative experience behind in no time.

Guest pixelart_eti

So I got a negative review recently under a similar circumstances (no messaging before, no specifics, assuming I speak French for some reason, then boom! - they’ve expected something different from what they got). As far as CS is concerned, the buyer has two choices: revise or leave a negative review. In my case (and in your case, I’m assuming) revising would involve actual communication and explaining what needs to be changed which both buyers couldn’t or didn’t want to do, so they went with option 2.

Which is rare, they usually attempt to cancel the order because “the work is subpar”. So congrats on getting paid.

As for getting a review removed, fiverr really, really doesn’t like to remove reviews. There is a long history as to why. The buyer being difficult and stating that they didn’t like an end result probably won’t be a good enough reason if direct threats to leave a negative review in retaliation aren’t according to some forum posts.

Sorry for your experience. Your work is good and cohesive, I’m sure you’ll leave this negative experience behind in no time.

“gettin paid” lol i made him 50$ character for 10$

i dont need that money, i would prefer to remove the feedback and that they fiverr pay him back

i dont need that money, i would prefer to remove the feedback and that they fiverr pay him back

I feel your pain, I do pixel arts…

You should never offer anything that is not in scope of your gig and if you did then you have to take responsibilities of reviews buyer left just as your ordinary gig work and not thinking you did extra work for him in price of gig…

I really hope and want your negative review to be removed at this point because I know how pixel art works…

Guest humanissocial

Please remove the impression that you can influence reviews if they are unjust.

You can’t and you broke the ToS by asking CS to remove this. Read the ToS again.

it doesn’t work like that anymore

so basicly buyer can be mean to me, provide no info, use no revision, get good quality product for cheaper then he should paid, and leave bad review that has nothing to do with reality.

ok i understand thanks

so basicly buyer can be mean to me

That’s when you report the buyer and/or cancel the order.

provide no info

That’s definitely when you cancel the order.

use no revision

It is their right.

get good quality product for cheaper then he should paid

You didn’t have to deliver more than what was bought.

leave bad review that has nothing to do with reality.

If the buyer really didn’t like the art, for whatever reason, “I didn’t like it” has everything to do with reality.

In short, don’t be afraid to cancel the order before delivery if the buyer is abusive.

May I ask why you rated your client with a 5* rating if he/she was such a bad experience to work with?

May I ask why you rated your client with a 5* rating if he/she was such a bad experience to work with?

Come on. It’s not like it’s the first time the whole genius blind review system has backfired. If they’re difficult but polite and you’re happy to be finally done with them, you may not be in the mood to be the carrier of truth and light 100% of the time.

Although in this case, I’d probably rate them 4* at the very least.

Come on. It’s not like it’s the first time the whole genius blind review system has backfired. If they’re difficult but polite and you’re happy to be finally done with them, you may not be in the mood to be the carrier of truth and light 100% of the time.

Although in this case, I’d probably rate them 4* at the very least.

I know it’s hard so misunderstood people over the internet. So, as long as someone stays polite and professional, I can even deal with negative feedback. That’s what it takes as freelancer. But in this case OP said he/she was treated like a slave:

““Its going to be done tomorrow”, like i am some kind of slave, and then after 1 hour he asks if the image is ready…”

I know that kind of client and they are the worst. Either I am cancelling someone like that immediately before working on the project or I’ll leave an honest review. I can remember when the whole feedback system changed and sellers were pretty upset about the blind review. But it’s the only way to warn other sellers from working with a bad buyer, so I feel if we don’t rate honest, we can as well remove the whole feature because every buyer runs around with 5*. You’ll also teach them that it’s okay to do whatever they want. Wouldn’t be the first time a so called “5* Top buyer” insulted me (like "shut the f*ck up, your work is terrible - for making a mistake and purchasing the wrong service). But I am talking about really bad experiences. Disagreeing on aspects of a project and discussing it in a professional manner ain’t a bad experience. Going back and forth for longer than you’d expected ain’t a bad experience if necessary for the project.

But

• not reading the gig description
  • purchasing a gig without contacting upfront (like requested in the gig)
  • purchasing the wrong (cheaper) gig
  • then being demanding and annoying only after the first hour into the project
  • then not communicating on important sketches for feedback…

that doesn’t sound like a 5*, 4* and I would say not even a 3* experience.

I know it’s hard so misunderstood people over the internet. So, as long as someone stays polite and professional, I can even deal with negative feedback. That’s what it takes as freelancer. But in this case OP said he/she was treated like a slave:

““Its going to be done tomorrow”, like i am some kind of slave, and then after 1 hour he asks if the image is ready…”

I know that kind of client and they are the worst. Either I am cancelling someone like that immediately before working on the project or I’ll leave an honest review. I can remember when the whole feedback system changed and sellers were pretty upset about the blind review. But it’s the only way to warn other sellers from working with a bad buyer, so I feel if we don’t rate honest, we can as well remove the whole feature because every buyer runs around with 5*. You’ll also teach them that it’s okay to do whatever they want. Wouldn’t be the first time a so called “5* Top buyer” insulted me (like "shut the f*ck up, your work is terrible - for making a mistake and purchasing the wrong service). But I am talking about really bad experiences. Disagreeing on aspects of a project and discussing it in a professional manner ain’t a bad experience. Going back and forth for longer than you’d expected ain’t a bad experience if necessary for the project.

But

• not reading the gig description
  • purchasing a gig without contacting upfront (like requested in the gig)
  • purchasing the wrong (cheaper) gig
  • then being demanding and annoying only after the first hour into the project
  • then not communicating on important sketches for feedback…

that doesn’t sound like a 5*, 4* and I would say not even a 3* experience.

I won’t hold an unwillingness to leave a negative review against anyone unless fiverr implements stricter policies against harassment of sellers by buyers (which is probably not going to happen).

That being said, I have no idea why this order wasn’t cancelled by the seller.

Guest pixelart_eti

I won’t hold an unwillingness to leave a negative review against anyone unless fiverr implements stricter policies against harassment of sellers by buyers (which is probably not going to happen).

That being said, I have no idea why this order wasn’t cancelled by the seller.

cancelling order effect your gig just as bad as bad review.

also i couldnt know he will leave that unfair review

Archived