Sending paycheck after job completed

michal247

I have few returning buyers that just send me message with job description, then I will complete the job and then they ask me for a paycheck and I send them custom offer as a payment.

It’s good for me because I can request money relatively to how much time I spent on order, and they always pay. And it’s usually 1-3 hours job so im not risking anything.

I think it’s fair enough, but im concerned if Fiverr will take this as TOS abuse or something like that.

What you think?

I don’t think Fiverr will give you a warning because you haven’t violated any ToS. You are just doing your job and getting paid in return.
I do the same with my returning buyers. After the job completion I send them custom offer and get paid
No need to worry.

It’s better to just follow the system in place. It protects you and the buyers. The other way doesn’t protect you at all. Plus you’re giving buyers an expectation of receiving work before paying. Fiverr is not a fan of that.

One day you may be out of luck without pay. Then what? The seller can move on and ask a hundred others sellers for that same experience. And you’ll be out the dough.

Honestly, other sellers who are following Fiverr’s TOS would not appreciate having to clean up that mess.

I don’t think Fiverr will give you a warning because you haven’t violated any ToS. You are just doing your job and getting paid in return.

I do the same with my returning buyers. After the job completion I send them custom offer and get paid

No need to worry.

Seriously? Of COURSE It’s a breach of ToS!

It should be obvious that this is against the rules. Why would Fiverr let you do something that would mean they don’t get their 20%? You aren’t allowed to communicate off of Fiverr, so why would you be allowed to send, receive and submit a check? Honestly…

All you have to do is read the ToS. Why not do that instead of asking us here, @michal247? You agree to the ToS when you register so you’re supposed to know it anyway. The forum isn’t a replacement for research and common sense. There’s no reason at all to operate that way, anyway. None at all. Unless you want to scam Fiverr.

It should be obvious that this is against the rules. Why would Fiverr let you do something that would mean they don’t get their 20%? You aren’t allowed to communicate off of Fiverr, so why would you be allowed to send, receive and submit a check? Honestly…

All you have to do is read the ToS. Why not do that instead of asking us here, @michal247? You agree to the ToS when you register so you’re supposed to know it anyway. The forum isn’t a replacement for research and common sense. There’s no reason at all to operate that way, anyway. None at all. Unless you want to scam Fiverr.

I never said that I’m communicating off of fiverr. I said buyer message me on fiverr and share all the details. I complete the work and after that I send a custom offer and get paid. Is it a violation of ToS?

I never said that I’m communicating off of fiverr. I said buyer message me on fiverr and share all the details. I complete the work and after that I send a custom offer and get paid. Is it a violation of ToS?

I complete the work and after that I send a custom offer and get paid

That’s not how we do this. First they pay then you do the work. Fiverr could give you a warning or more likely ban you for the way you are doing it.

I have few returning buyers that just send me message with job description, then I will complete the job and then they ask me for a paycheck and I send them custom offer as a payment.

It’s good for me because I can request money relatively to how much time I spent on order, and they always pay. And it’s usually 1-3 hours job so im not risking anything.

I think it’s fair enough, but im concerned if Fiverr will take this as TOS abuse or something like that.

What you think?

What you think?

1. That’s not how Fiverr is meant to work.

2. You could create problems for other Fiverr sellers those buyers buy something from, because buyers might expect that everyone will first do the job and then send them the offer, even though buyers are expected to pay first.

I complete the work and after that I send a custom offer and get paid

That’s not how we do this. First they pay then you do the work. Fiverr could give you a warning or more likely ban you for the way you are doing it.

I will keep that in mind.

Thank you for your valuable suggestion.

🤨

I think you didn’t read topic description correctly. After I complete the job I sent them custom offer and fiverr have their 20%.

Of course you are. Sending, receiving and processing a cheque IS off Fiverr.

Of course you are. Sending, receiving and processing a cheque IS off Fiverr.

Neither one of them is talking about actual paychecks, they’re talking about sending offers on Fiverr and getting paid via Fiverr.

I have no idea why the OP called it a paycheck.

🤨

I think you didn’t read topic description correctly. After I complete the job I sent them custom offer and fiverr have their 20%.

I think she’s in a hurry 😂

Archived