Do you go back on your words in business?

nazia_homaira

Here’s what happened today.
[i don’t know if the buyer is a he or she.]
A buyer asked me the how much to pay for the vector tracing (gave a picture). I said I’ll take $5, delivery within 2 days. He said he/she will pay more but the delivery has to be in 1 day.
I replied that I’ll take $20. We both agreed on that.
However, the buyer did not place the order according to our agreement. He placed the order for $5, delivery 1 day. I texted him again that I said $20 for 1 day delivery. He replied that he doesn’t need that to be done in 1 day.
I sent an order resolution to him requesting to do what we agreed on and there is no reply. I also mentioned that the package he selected claims extra charges for .eps file. No reply at all.

So confusing right? Sellers out there, what would you do in this situation?
Here are the screenshots.

1.PNG.400ea17477ba6b493cf3006bee70c980.PNG
1725×642 46.1 KB
2.PNG.d8f3096d14009f6a521333934110a264.PNG
2513×649 39 KB
3.thumb.PNG.4d4e1521064c89e8c8b52e6a4f070694.PNG
3865×950 61.5 KB

Why do you have $5/24 hours delivery packages if you don’t want people to purchase them? Not to be facetious, I’m just confused how this could happen.

Regarding the question, since the order was placed I’d send them the extension request as well. Keep in mind, though, they may just ignore it. And if you decide to cancel via CS, keep in mind that it takes CS hours to take action.

It seems like you are the one not honoring your offering?

Why does your gig image state you deliver in 2 hours?

Why do you add 1 more day per package when all that changes is the file format offered?

Let’s assume for a second that there’s actual logic behind your pricing and how it scales, why on earth did you not send a custom offer to the client and simply replied with a “you do it.” ??

Why do you add 1 more day per package when all that changes is the file format offered?

Let’s assume for a second that there’s actual logic behind your pricing and how it scales, why on earth did you not send a custom offer to the client and simply replied with a “you do it.” ??

I should have sent an offer I agree. Imagine we switch places, if I was the one who agreed to sell @ $10 10 days delivery and send an offer for $100. What would you do as a buyer?

Your gig states that the basic package is $5 with 1 day delivery.

You want to charge more, fine, change your gig.

But alright, let’s say you were planning to do it anyway and the prices are obsolete (can happen). The client gives you a perfect chance:

“Should I just order or you’ll send me an offer?”

Here you could do two things - send him the offer YOU want, or quickly change the gig to reflect the actual price you want, and have him order that.

You did neither, and he purchased what you were offering on the page and told him to purchase.

It’s 100% your fault, all the way, no way around it. You’ve done goofed.

Your gig states that the basic package is $5 with 1 day delivery.

You want to charge more, fine, change your gig.

But alright, let’s say you were planning to do it anyway and the prices are obsolete (can happen). The client gives you a perfect chance:

“Should I just order or you’ll send me an offer?”

Here you could do two things - send him the offer YOU want, or quickly change the gig to reflect the actual price you want, and have him order that.

You did neither, and he purchased what you were offering on the page and told him to purchase.

It’s 100% your fault, all the way, no way around it. You’ve done goofed.

I agree its my fault. I have learned my lesson.

Then what is the point of all those chatting if you had to buy whats already there and waste my time.

I agree its my fault. I have learned my lesson.

Then what is the point of all those chatting if you had to buy whats already there and waste my time.

What do you mean. You told him to buy it. The point of talking is to create a custom offer to send the client or to tell the client which option to pick.

My clients always contact me first. I talk to them, see what they need, and 90% of the time I send a custom offer. The other 10% it aligns with one of the packages, and I tell them to order from the page. Simple.

And you still haven’t explained why your basic gig is $5 with 24 hour delivery and you wanted to charge him $20 for the 24 hour delivery.

And the gig description promises it all done within 4 hours, for $5.

@nazia_homaira, if your gig promises it to be done in 2 or 4 hours for $5, aren’t you the one going back on your word if you demand more for delivery in 24 hours?

@nazia_homaira, if your gig promises it to be done in 2 or 4 hours for $5, aren’t you the one going back on your word if you demand more for delivery in 24 hours?

It’s the shroedinger’s delivery - It can be done in 2, 4 or 24 hours, but you won’t know until you get it. If you don’t log-in in the hours between 2-24, you will have both received and not received the work.

Your pricing is absolutely insane and makes you appear disorganized and insincere.

Fiverr does not allow sellers to set delivery times at anything less than 24-hours.Neither can you possibly honor your stated delivery times. At least, not unless you update these with every new order and every evening before bed.

If anything, you acted insincerely here by using a bait and switch pricing model.

Here’s what happened today.

[i don’t know if the buyer is a he or she.]

A buyer asked me the how much to pay for the vector tracing (gave a picture). I said I’ll take $5, delivery within 2 days. He said he/she will pay more but the delivery has to be in 1 day.

I replied that I’ll take $20. We both agreed on that.

However, the buyer did not place the order according to our agreement. He placed the order for $5, delivery 1 day. I texted him again that I said $20 for 1 day delivery. He replied that he doesn’t need that to be done in 1 day.

I sent an order resolution to him requesting to do what we agreed on and there is no reply. I also mentioned that the package he selected claims extra charges for .eps file. No reply at all.

So confusing right? Sellers out there, what would you do in this situation?

Here are the screenshots.

So confusing right?

It’s not confusing. You tried to “rip off” your client.

Even though 5$ or 20$ is a silly amount of money it does look like that for buyers and that what makes so many buyers furious and complaining on the forum that sellers state 5$ price on their gigs but when they contact sellers to ask a couple of questions then sellers suddenly giving them price 4 times higher than stated in their gig.

That’s quite low to be honest of you. You have a price that you set up in your gig and you should honor it and not try your luck and see if you can scam your buyers for more money in case they didn’t pay attention.

Sellers like you building bad image of fiverr and pushing away a lot of clients.

So confusing right?

Even though 5$ or 20$ is a silly amount of money it does look like that for buyers and that what makes so many buyers furious and complaining on the forum that sellers state 5$ price on their gigs but when they contact sellers to ask a couple of questions then sellers suddenly giving them price 4 times higher than stated in their gig.

That’s quite low to be honest of you. You have a price that you set up in your gig and you should honor it and not try your luck and see if you can scam your buyers for more money in case they didn’t pay attention.

Sellers like you building bad image of fiverr and pushing away a lot of clients.

And at the same time, they are usually the people who don’t want to increase their prices right on the gig. Makes no sense, tbh. They must enjoy the orders without prior communication (and cancelations when they then ask for more) and endless messages from nightmare buyers.

So confusing right?

He was willing to spend more in the first place. It wasn’t me. I thought his priority was time not money but time is very very important for me. you check the messages again.

He was willing to spend more in the first place. It wasn’t me. I thought his priority was time not money but time is very very important for me. you check the messages again.

I thought his priority was time

It’s amazing that you still don’t see what’s wrong here. You also have 1 day delivery time for 5$. So why should he pay more for that?

Even if he was ready to spend more it doesn’t mean that you should try to rip him of and after that complain that he took your original offer from your gig. He might’ve agreed for higher price but then he saw that you were offering everything the same but for 5$. Anyone would’ve make a choice just to place a gig instead of overpaying for “nothing”

You offer 24 hour delivery for $5.

Am I getting through to you?

you check the messages again.

A buyer has messaged you asking how much you charge. You have said $20. You could have sent them a custom offer. Instad you asked them to go to your gig and order themselves. When they have done that, they have seen that you already offer what they need for $5.

Why on Earth would they pay you more?

you check the messages again

530394649_Screenshot2020-01-20at16_01_44.png.db966fd23746d3b8206f4986ee71ca87.png
Screenshot 2020-01-20 at 16.01.44784×154 29.3 KB

No, it’s not ok. It takes $5 and delivery in 1 day, that’s what your gig says.

1621283981_Screenshot2020-01-20at16_01_56.png.6f33d0788ebb53f5f0cf1dd306200e1d.png

No, you won’t. It takes $5 to do it in 1 day, that’s what your gig says.

He said he doesn’t need that to be done in 1 day after placing the order. I am not worried about the money. He asked me to do it within a day but changed his mind after placing the order.

Sorry to bother everyone. I have learned my lesson.

The buyer said he doesn’t need that done in 1 day after placing the order. He could have chosen the gig mentioning 2 days delivery.

I was just asking should you go back on your words.

The buyer said he doesn’t need that done in 1 day after placing the order. He could have chosen the gig mentioning 2 days delivery.

But that doesn’t make any sense. Your prices:

Basic - $5, 1 day delivery. (png&jpeg)

Standard - $10, 2 day delivery. (png, jpeg and pdf)

Premium - $20, 2 day delivery. (png, jpeg and pdf and source file)

If I want a png done in 2 days, I’ll chose the $5 option. If I want a png made in 1 day, I’ll chose the $5 option. If I want a jpeg in 2 days, I’ll chose the $5 option. Jpeg in 1 day? $5.

The ONLY reason to pick standard or premium is if I need pdf/source file (and if I want to wait an extra day for no reason).

(It’s also ridiculous pricing to have the cheapest option with 24 hour delivery and the more expensive options at 2 days, imo, but that’s a different topic).

The buyer could have changed their mind about $20/1 day delivery (which they’re allowed to do if that was the initial question), went to order looking for the $5/2 days option, saw a $5/1 day one instead, thought: “That’s even better” and bought it without a second thought. Why shouldn’t they?

Am I getting through to you?

Its not about the money. The buyer said that he needs the delivery within a day but later he said that he doesn’t need that to be done in 1 day after placing the order. He could have chosen the package where I mentioned 2 days delivery.

Its not about the money. The buyer said that he needs the delivery within a day but later he said that he doesn’t need that to be done in 1 day after placing the order. He could have chosen the package where I mentioned 2 days delivery.

he said that he doesn’t need that to be done in 1 day after placing the order. He could have chosen the package where I mentioned 2 days delivery.

But the package with 2 days delivery is MORE EXPENSIVE THAN THE PACKAGE WITH 1 DAY DELIVERY. NOBODY WOULD PICK THAT OPTION. Under no circumstances, never, impossible, not happening, makes no sense. Nobody will pay double to get the work in 2 days instead of one. Insane.

Honestly, I don’t know what to say anymore. You’re either trolling or just trying to trick people. Your gig says $5, 24h. The guy asks you how much it is for 24 hour delivery, and you say $20. Why?

Sorry to bother everyone. I have learned my lesson.

After they see that they were requested to pay 4 times your usual price for no reason? They still shouldn’t, but then again, if I was that buyer and realized that you tried to charge me $20 instead of $5 for a $5 service, I would have either went to another seller, or went to another seller and reported you to CS.

Actually, to be honest, I’d just look for another seller. I’d be too lazy to report you.

He asked me to do it within a day but changed his mind after placing the order.

Perhaps he thought he was doing you a favor. Or has decided that he wasn’t going to pay you $20 when your gig page says $5. Or was testing you in messages, and is going to write an article about sellers officially charging one price on their gig page, but then demanding 4 times more for the same work.

(I’m not kidding about the last one, some people do that)

Archived