Do you go back on your words in business?

nazia_homaira

I was just asking should you go back on your words.

After they see that they were requested to pay 4 times your usual price for no reason? They still shouldn’t, but then again, if I was that buyer and realized that you tried to charge me $20 instead of $5 for a $5 service, I would have either went to another seller, or went to another seller and reported you to CS.

Actually, to be honest, I’d just look for another seller. I’d be too lazy to report you.

He asked me to do it within a day but changed his mind after placing the order.

Perhaps he thought he was doing you a favor. Or has decided that he wasn’t going to pay you $20 when your gig page says $5. Or was testing you in messages, and is going to write an article about sellers officially charging one price on their gig page, but then demanding 4 times more for the same work.

(I’m not kidding about the last one, some people do that)

and reported you to CS.

Woah there… I don’t think it’s against any rules to charge whatever you want if the client asks. It’s not good business, but report? Why? Just buy from someone else.

and reported you to CS.

Woah there… I don’t think it’s against any rules to charge whatever you want if the client asks. It’s not good business, but report? Why? Just buy from someone else.

It’s not good business, but report? Why? Just buy from someone else.

Like I said, it’s highly unlikely I’d actually report them. Someone might, though, and the seller could receive a warning, as well. Like you said, it’s not good business, and way too often, we see buyers complaining on the forum that the seller’s gig states one price, but the sellers demand much more than that. I doubt that CS would like that kind of behavior.

It’s not good business, but report? Why? Just buy from someone else.

Like I said, it’s highly unlikely I’d actually report them. Someone might, though, and the seller could receive a warning, as well. Like you said, it’s not good business, and way too often, we see buyers complaining on the forum that the seller’s gig states one price, but the sellers demand much more than that. I doubt that CS would like that kind of behavior.

I get that it may be frowned upon, but people should not receive warnings unless they are doing something strictly against terms of service.

I get that it may be frowned upon, but people should not receive warnings unless they are doing something strictly against terms of service.

Terms of service are vague in some aspects, and therefore open to interpretation. CS makes the decision.

Of course, that being said, I’m just guessing whether CS would issue an actual warning or not.

Terms of service are vague in some aspects, and therefore open to interpretation. CS makes the decision.

Of course, that being said, I’m just guessing whether CS would issue an actual warning or not.

Yeah. That’s one of my main criticisms of Fiverr. Terms of service should never be vague.

Yeah. That’s one of my main criticisms of Fiverr. Terms of service should never be vague.

Terms of service should never be vague.

On the one hand, I agree. On the other, make them clear, and people instantly start finding ways to circumvent them. That could be countered with more staff checking things, but then Fiverr’s costs would increase, and they might start taking more both from buyers and sellers.

Terms of service should never be vague.

On the one hand, I agree. On the other, make them clear, and people instantly start finding ways to circumvent them. That could be countered with more staff checking things, but then Fiverr’s costs would increase, and they might start taking more both from buyers and sellers.

Make them clear. If somebody finds a loophole, great for them, they get to use it for a bit if it doesn’t create problems. Once it does create problems, Fiverr will be aware - close the loophole. In a few days, you have clear and bulletproof terms of service. It’s not that hard. That’s how laws work.

Just imagine if laws were unclear and people kept being thrown in jail at the whim of authorities. That’s what happens in dictatorships. On civilised countries, if a law has a loophole and you take advantage, you’re free - and then they’ll change the law. That’s fair.

I was just asking should you go back on your words.

After they see that they were requested to pay 4 times your usual price for no reason? They still shouldn’t, but then again, if I was that buyer and realized that you tried to charge me $20 instead of $5 for a $5 service, I would have either went to another seller, or went to another seller and reported you to CS.

Actually, to be honest, I’d just look for another seller. I’d be too lazy to report you.

He asked me to do it within a day but changed his mind after placing the order.

Perhaps he thought he was doing you a favor. Or has decided that he wasn’t going to pay you $20 when your gig page says $5. Or was testing you in messages, and is going to write an article about sellers officially charging one price on their gig page, but then demanding 4 times more for the same work.

(I’m not kidding about the last one, some people do that)

As you said you would go to another seller, that is what I am trying to say. You always have another seller on this website, or another website. If you don’t find the seller suitable you choose another one. Money is not my problem. I was really hurt when he changed his mind after placing the order. I had to deliver it on time anyway, although he said he did not need that on 1 day (after placing the order for 1 day delivery).

As you said you would go to another seller, that is what I am trying to say. You always have another seller on this website, or another website. If you don’t find the seller suitable you choose another one. Money is not my problem. I was really hurt when he changed his mind after placing the order. I had to deliver it on time anyway, although he said he did not need that on 1 day (after placing the order for 1 day delivery).

I was really hurt

You shouldn’t be. This is business.

The buyer said he doesn’t need that done in 1 day after placing the order. He could have chosen the gig mentioning 2 days delivery.

But that doesn’t make any sense. Your prices:

Basic - $5, 1 day delivery. (png&jpeg)

Standard - $10, 2 day delivery. (png, jpeg and pdf)

Premium - $20, 2 day delivery. (png, jpeg and pdf and source file)

If I want a png done in 2 days, I’ll chose the $5 option. If I want a png made in 1 day, I’ll chose the $5 option. If I want a jpeg in 2 days, I’ll chose the $5 option. Jpeg in 1 day? $5.

The ONLY reason to pick standard or premium is if I need pdf/source file (and if I want to wait an extra day for no reason).

(It’s also ridiculous pricing to have the cheapest option with 24 hour delivery and the more expensive options at 2 days, imo, but that’s a different topic).

Not everybody think like you. Money is not my problem. The thing is you cannot change your mind after placing the order unless its really really emergency. There are many other suitable sellers for you on various websites.

I asked for a resolution of 2 days extension (without extra charge) because he said that he does not need the delivery in 1 day(he said this after placing the order). He did not accept that either.

Thanks anyway, I am not an expert on fiverr. I am still learning.

Not everybody think like you. Money is not my problem. The thing is you cannot change your mind after placing the order unless its really really emergency. There are many other suitable sellers for you on various websites.

I asked for a resolution of 2 days extension (without extra charge) because he said that he does not need the delivery in 1 day(he said this after placing the order). He did not accept that either.

Thanks anyway, I am not an expert on fiverr. I am still learning.

You offer 1 day delivery for $5. It says so in your profile. I go there, I order, I get it in 1 day for $5.

If you don’t want to deliver in 1 day for $5, CHANGE YOUR GIG.

This is completely your fault. You tried to charge more or have more time to deliver when your gig says otherwise. The client didn’t change his mind after ordering. YOU DID.

This is 100% your fault.

Okay, after reading everything, I saw something at beginning.
In one hand… Buyer asked for source file, actually (eps) and they ordered basic gig that only includes jpg and png. Therefore, buyer needed to order extra that includes source files and not just images. (unless eps isn’t source file, then apologies for that)

On another hand. OP really needs to change packages as they are really confusing and they needed to communicate better with the buyer. Buyer clearly said to send them offer and OP said to order themselves. And also, why OP said $5 for source files for 2 days when she has $20 gig for that is beyond me. You don’t offer anywhere source files for $5 and yet again you said buyer that. It is natural that buyer ordered just $5 gig as they didn’t need this in 24 hours.

If you really needed 24 hours more, you could say something like: “Can we extend delivery time since we agreed $5 and 2 days at first before you wanted extra fast delivery?”. And not like you did “I want you to make…”. It looks like you “attacked” buyer with this. They simply couldn’t order $5 gig with 2 days delivery if you don’t have gig like that.

The funnier thing is, after all this discussion, I can still go to her profile and order something with a 1 day delivery for $5. This thread served no purpose, apparently lol

I can still go to her profile and order something with a 1 day delivery for $5. This thread served no purpose, apparently lol

That comes as no surprise. You can tell when things are not getting across. I’ve spent months trying to explain things to some people and educate them only to later realize no matter how hard I tried or for how long, no amount of trying to help could actually help.

In contrast there is the occasional person who only needs a few words from me, listens to me, understands, and acts on it, forever the wiser and better off for it.

Archived