POLL: HAVE YOU READ THE TERMS OF SERVICE? anonymous poll

misscrystal

poll  

120 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• I have completely read the terms of service and understand all of them.
    • I have completely read the terms of service and understand some of them.
    • I have read a small part of the terms of service.
    • I have not read the terms of service.
    • I do not want to read them and will not read them any time soon.
    • I think they are just a lot of words that no one pays attention to.

I don’t understand:

Under Disputes and Cancellations/Basics:

“Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the Order Page.”

This is very subjective to Fiverr staff and goes against any subjectivity that the original sender of said personal information might have intended. Sellers could argue anything and the Fiverr staff wouldn’t have to go by any guidelines other than personal judgement.

I see this specific clause as a potential gray area for especially new Sellers who have a different thought about what “necessary” means. Sellers and buyers are not pushed on this restriction enough by Fiverr, as in it should be blatantly stated everywhere in an effort to mitigate and prevent unnecessary suspensions for good-hearted Sellers. It is constantly stated that Fiverr staff are strict about things like this so I wouldn’t be surprised if they do not forgive things like this at all even though there is a gray area here.

No where does it state that information handed out has to be explicitly stated the reason for it. I think that this is a system that should be implemented because Fiverr staff should be judging from an official reason that the seller/buyer acknowledges from a text box instead of in the broad conversation.

Yes, though there are plenty of points in the ToS that are also saying ‘buyer beware’ too. The buyer needs to be responsible and ask themselves ‘do they really need this information?’

Users are responsible for scanning all transferred files for viruses and malware. Fiverr will not be held responsible for any damages which might occur due to site usage, use of content or files transferred.

Fiverr does not check user uploaded/created content for appropriateness, violations of copyright, trademarks, other rights or violations and the user uploading/creating such content shall be solely responsible for it and the consequences of using, disclosing, storing, or transmitting it.

Furthermore, Fiverr is not responsible for the content, quality or the level of service provided by the Sellers (even if they are Pro Sellers, Top Rated Sellers, offer Promoted Gigs or otherwise). We provide no warranty with respect to the Gigs, their delivery, any communications between Buyers and Sellers, and the Logo Designs created through the Logo Maker. We encourage users to take advantage of our rating system, our community and common sense in choosing appropriate services.

Archived