Fake User Spam Messages!

cathydirector

Got already 3 offers from Users with starting with the name lee…
Watch out. Fivver already blocks the conversation very quick before i clicked something.
I reported them.
But it seem to become now almost every day. Started this month.
Do you guys get them too.

Nice to meet you, I am Lee from China. Now I’d like to discuss an interesting thing with you. please check my link : … (Doc.google).

Be carfull to click on the link.

Cathy

I got one too. Years ago I got the Upwork one, this time it was Lee in China.

This Lee from China actually does want your Upwork account, though.

For the whooping price of $1200/a year plus a possible $50 bonus each quarter (I read their stellar sales pitch out of interest).

Also, according to their profile they are not from China at all.

I got this one, too, and I’ve never received the “up work account” scam messages before. Those guys must be getting desperate.

Those guys must be getting desperate.

I doubt it. It’s more likely that they keep finding sellers who fall for it (yes, there are people who fall for it), so they keep doing it.

• 1 month later...

For the whooping price of $1200/a year plus a possible $50 bonus each quarter (I read their stellar sales pitch out of interest).

Also, according to their profile they are not from China at all.

So he gets people to make accounts for him and pays them? I thought someone said he asks for $25 to sign up? What does he do with the accounts? If you have your name on it and signed up you could be in trouble.

So he gets people to make accounts for him and pays them? I thought someone said he asks for $25 to sign up? What does he do with the accounts? If you have your name on it and signed up you could be in trouble.

Last time they asked if they could sort of “rent” mine.

It’s refreshing for them to assume that I might have an account, though. Contrary to most of the disgruntled buyers on the forum who announce their departure to upwork “where the good freelancers are” without realizing that it’s the same freelancers everywhere.

I was going to ask them why would I risk my hypothetical account for such a measly amount of money but then imagined myself reading through all the nonsense I’ll get in return and just reported/blocked them.

• 3 months later...

Archived