All of sudden my gig has gone to last page :/

idesign_4u

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi idesign_4u,

I would say, try not to worry about where your gig is placed. It will come back to the top. It is as others have said, that gigs are now rotated and the algorithm changes frequently–so a new algorithm has rotated your gig lower. But it will come back.

I feel that watching where our gigs are placed can be counter-productive. If you just keep doing good work for the buyers you already have, and if you don’t attract ‘black marks’, you will become visible again.

I was worrying for about a month when I was getting no new inquiries; I do not check my gig’s positon but maybe it had also dropped to page 60+. I am now getting inquiries again.

I think also that if we have a few gigs in our queue, our ranking drops for a while–so that someone else gets a chance. If we already have orders in the queue, it is reasonable that the algorithm says: ‘this person needs peace and quiet to complete these orders and they are fine for now–as they have work.’

Just do your work to your best quality and you’ll be fine again, so I would not even look where the gigs are. It only causes worry. 🙂

HI anniejenkinson,

i understand what you are saying but there is no reason to throw a gig which is doing well to 100th page.

i have been doing that for a while now but no luck so far. For some sellers its been 1 year and its still at the end, I dont get if the issue is with 1 gig then why send all of them to the end 😕

thanks, did you face same issue?

I have the same problem but I did have one cancelled order this month. As soon as I got that cancelled order, I dropped from first page. I think maybe that’s the reason… I will have to wait and see what happens when I get to 100% completion rate again.

I have the same problem but I did have one cancelled order this month. As soon as I got that cancelled order, I dropped from first page. I think maybe that’s the reason… I will have to wait and see what happens when I get to 100% completion rate again.

same here it was 1 cancelled order, straight after it went to last page, i asked fiverr and they said its 100% not because of that order. Not sure what the issue is and why they doing this

same here it was 1 cancelled order, straight after it went to last page, i asked fiverr and they said its 100% not because of that order. Not sure what the issue is and why they doing this

I feel better knowing at least that there is a logical reason for it… (even though we’re just guessing). Good luck to both of us. 😀

I feel better knowing at least that there is a logical reason for it… (even though we’re just guessing). Good luck to both of us. 😀

i dont see any logical reason as there was nothing bad happened on my account. I asked them where are my gigs and the showed me this and said its normal.

All my gigs have gone to last page and are sat at the back somewhere. Whats my rest of the gigs done as i didnt even get any cancellation,negative feedback,late delivery etc

there has to be a solution for this issue, how can all gigs disappear to last page 😕

image.jpg.3beeb08da91c79a051f65723500d8d27.jpg

• 1 month later...

Same happened to me. I totally understand your situation. I totally accept Fiverr Gig rotation system and each seller should have oppetrunity.
But
This case is abnormal, All the gig kicked to possible last page of the search, not a single gig, Its ALL Gigs. He worked hard years to get last possible search result ? NO.
Something really not right about this.

I noticed some people commenting like “this is rotational, it’s Fiverr nature, you should admit this and wait”. But they only here to get attention and post something here.

Again I’m really sorry for what happened.

Same happened to me. I totally understand your situation. I totally accept Fiverr Gig rotation system and each seller should have oppetrunity.

But

This case is abnormal, All the gig kicked to possible last page of the search, not a single gig, Its ALL Gigs. He worked hard years to get last possible search result ? NO.

Something really not right about this.

I noticed some people commenting like “this is rotational, it’s Fiverr nature, you should admit this and wait”. But they only here to get attention and post something here.

Again I’m really sorry for what happened.

its a bull crap system!!! sick and tired of this. Its been over 50 days, all 12 gigs were on last page, i have paused all now. Soon will probably delete, no motivation left now. It took me so long to get to the top page, maintained m position by working hard day and night. Then in 1 second they have thrown everything to last page without any reason or explanation. All my stats were amazing!!!

CS doesnt care and will not help at all.

its a bull crap system!!! sick and tired of this. Its been over 50 days, all 12 gigs were on last page, i have paused all now. Soon will probably delete, no motivation left now. It took me so long to get to the top page, maintained m position by working hard day and night. Then in 1 second they have thrown everything to last page without any reason or explanation. All my stats were amazing!!!

CS doesnt care and will not help at all.

Just relax, we are powerless, no matter how good we perform 😦 Let’s wait few more months and let’s see

• 4 weeks later...

I am telling you how things work. Reality is positive. Adapting to things you can’t control IS positive. Arguing that it shouldn’t be this way solves nothing. Neglecting reality solves nothing.

I think you say all these confidently because your gigs have not experienced the last page curse. If you have, you will have a better understanding. I used to be a page 1, 2, 3, 4 ranker for 2 years I joined Fiverr. I maintained page 1 for 1 year ending in September where the madness began. I was even given Fiverr Choice Badge same September when I clocked $20,000 revenue. By 16th of September all my gigs were sent to the last page. My revenues crashed with a lot of uncertainty. Little orders I get I deliver max satisfaction 5 star but yet I am still at the bottom page hovering from page 46 to 54. This is not fair when someone has built a steady income and quit 8 to 5pm job to focus on freelancing. Well this gives a lesson to grow other sources of income as Fiverr is no longer reliable for those looking to face it Fulltime. Fiverr is more like a capitalist firm. New freelancers are given opportunity to make lot of money for them then when they grow, Fiverr dumps them in last page just to milk newer sellers. This helps Fiverr maximize profits. But the Economics in this does not add up as new sellers do not charge a premium unlike older sellers. Unless Fiverr is trying to support cheap prices as against expensive ones. Overall. How the decision makers of Fiverr work will either make or marr the organization. We senior sellers have played our role. We have contributed as much as we can and if we are no longer appreciated. Some other companies may just need us. I loved it here on Fiverr till the massive uncertainty.

I think you say all these confidently because your gigs have not experienced the last page curse. If you have, you will have a better understanding. I used to be a page 1, 2, 3, 4 ranker for 2 years I joined Fiverr. I maintained page 1 for 1 year ending in September where the madness began. I was even given Fiverr Choice Badge same September when I clocked $20,000 revenue. By 16th of September all my gigs were sent to the last page. My revenues crashed with a lot of uncertainty. Little orders I get I deliver max satisfaction 5 star but yet I am still at the bottom page hovering from page 46 to 54. This is not fair when someone has built a steady income and quit 8 to 5pm job to focus on freelancing. Well this gives a lesson to grow other sources of income as Fiverr is no longer reliable for those looking to face it Fulltime. Fiverr is more like a capitalist firm. New freelancers are given opportunity to make lot of money for them then when they grow, Fiverr dumps them in last page just to milk newer sellers. This helps Fiverr maximize profits. But the Economics in this does not add up as new sellers do not charge a premium unlike older sellers. Unless Fiverr is trying to support cheap prices as against expensive ones. Overall. How the decision makers of Fiverr work will either make or marr the organization. We senior sellers have played our role. We have contributed as much as we can and if we are no longer appreciated. Some other companies may just need us. I loved it here on Fiverr till the massive uncertainty.

Very well said and agreed with you. They simply dont care about senior sellers and not bothered at all. I know many experienced sellers who left already and in process of leaving this joke of a website. They really have made this site into a joke now. Absolutely ZERO seller protection here. You simply wont stay for long, just a part time thing now, make quick money and leave.

Very well said and agreed with you. They simply dont care about senior sellers and not bothered at all. I know many experienced sellers who left already and in process of leaving this joke of a website. They really have made this site into a joke now. Absolutely ZERO seller protection here. You simply wont stay for long, just a part time thing now, make quick money and leave.

Sorry man, I believe you’re back on first page now… you’re not the only one experiencing it even though senior sellers like you deserve more advantage than last page effects… Are you back to first page now?

The fact of the matter is that new sellers, who was promoted to the top, are not necessarily super skilled guys who will surpass you in revenue. So, I doubt that this rotation actually brings Fiverr more profit than stable income from senior sellers.

In three months, I made more orders than half of the sellers on the first page while I was on it, and now I’m actually in last place in the search, and my orders have dropped to zero. If this is called a business for profit, then I don’t understand anything about it 😃

The fact of the matter is that new sellers, who was promoted to the top, are not necessarily super skilled guys who will surpass you in revenue. So, I doubt that this rotation actually brings Fiverr more profit than stable income from senior sellers.

In three months, I made more orders than half of the sellers on the first page while I was on it, and now I’m actually in last place in the search, and my orders have dropped to zero. If this is called a business for profit, then I don’t understand anything about it 😃

We watch and see the magic. Very soon everyone will be in the last page if logical… lol… Something must be wrong with Fiverr I guess. Well they have their reasons. Its interesting to note that the best of the best are majorly at the last page. So we watch Fiverr chase valuable clients away due to amateur sellers and lose more revenue and reputation if they do not take quick actions. Untill a real economist or business administrator takes charge from the software developers currently manipulating their algorithms.

Sorry man, I believe you’re back on first page now… you’re not the only one experiencing it even though senior sellers like you deserve more advantage than last page effects… Are you back to first page now?

nope its been over 70 days now,still rotting on last page. I dont get how gigs with 0 reviews and orders are doing better than me? Messed up system

We watch and see the magic. Very soon everyone will be in the last page if logical… lol… Something must be wrong with Fiverr I guess. Well they have their reasons. Its interesting to note that the best of the best are majorly at the last page. So we watch Fiverr chase valuable clients away due to amateur sellers and lose more revenue and reputation if they do not take quick actions. Untill a real economist or business administrator takes charge from the software developers currently manipulating their algorithms.

their logic is that they are giving new sellers a chance, well fair enough do give them a chance but not on basis of throwing senior sellers to last page.

its been over 70 days now, i dont know how long they gona bloody give new sellers a chance.

I have read on Forums, even new sellers are struggling, they will give 10-20 orders at the start, then fiverr will request ID verification, then straight after that they will throw their gigs to last page.

Messed up system, it was never like this about 2 years ago. Now this cant be your full time job, its very unreliable. 1 month you are on top and then next 4 months at the bottom.

their logic is that they are giving new sellers a chance, well fair enough do give them a chance but not on basis of throwing senior sellers to last page.

its been over 70 days now, i dont know how long they gona bloody give new sellers a chance.

I have read on Forums, even new sellers are struggling, they will give 10-20 orders at the start, then fiverr will request ID verification, then straight after that they will throw their gigs to last page.

Messed up system, it was never like this about 2 years ago. Now this cant be your full time job, its very unreliable. 1 month you are on top and then next 4 months at the bottom.

What can I say? Absolutely spot on

Got my level 1 badge and took the advantage to add 2 more gig extras… BOOM last page

This is my first freelancing experience so I don’t know if it’s always like this or not…

Really need to commend you regarding your account 13k reviews that’s a long way to go

What can I say? Absolutely spot on

Got my level 1 badge and took the advantage to add 2 more gig extras… BOOM last page

This is my first freelancing experience so I don’t know if it’s always like this or not…

Really need to commend you regarding your account 13k reviews that’s a long way to go

very unlucky mate, i have got my hands on different platform now, this place is not for a full time freelancer. No matter how many reviews you have they will still throw you to last page.

I think I just figured out the answer Fiverr is shy to tell we loyal sellers. They recently launched the Fiverr Pro Badge that offers higher charges and brings more revenue to Fiverr as well as expected reputation in the freelancing community. Older sellers (Level 2, Level 1, etc.) being on page 1 will serve as a direct threat or competition to Fiverr Pro sellers which Fiverr does not want. Fiverr has dedicated a lot of opportunities to Fiverr Pro sellers by allowing them occupy about half of the search page. Then you have a few less performing level 2 and 1 sellers then the remainder are new sellers which will give Fiverr Pro Sellers a greater opportunity to record sales. Senior sellers have been placed in the last pages for this reason I guess.

Archived