How often do you withdraw your revenues?

venrooy

Guest lisha5684

PayPal fees are 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction. So the less times you withdraw (the more money you withdraw at any given time) the less 30 cent fees you will have, which on fiverr, with only making $4 a pop is actually kind of a lot, so ideally it would be best to wait to withdraw to paypal as long as possible. But if you don’t care about being charged 30 cents over and over, then have at it.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found this elsewhere and thought it might be useful to the thread. Thanks anarchofighter!

anarchofighter said: PayPal xfer feeds is just $1 because they're using PayPal masspay.

So if you have $100 coming to you ($4 * 25 gigs) you'll get $99 in your account.

From my understanding, paypal will only charge a maximum of 1$ per transfer (fiverr to paypal). So less withdraws is more ideal.

When I withdraw, I never have fees from PayPal - the only fee I receive incurred is from Fiverr - who charge $1 each time.

I assumed this was because sending “payment owed” type transactions on PayPal cost the sender (Fiverr) $1, so they take that from our amount - however, what anarco says makes more sense.

Either way I’ve never been charged by PayPal, not once.

So, does withdrawing frequently cost you more? Technically yes, as you need to pay $1 each time - however, this $1 fee is surely worth it if you cannot afford to wait for a build up.

Guest rowynyew

I usually need my money every time i complete a gig…since it has to clear for two weeks, I end up getting a lot done by the time the first one clears so I wait a few days and build up maybe 4-5 of them then withdrawal…

well at least that is what I am going to do this time; so far i’ve only withdrawn $16 (4 gigs). I think I did $8 the first time, then $4 each the next 2 times. Not much money, but it helps when you need a pack a cigs, and I have the paypal debit so I don’t have to wait for a bank xfer.

I got $7.84 from $8 and $3.92 from $4…paypal charged me no fees, fiverr took all the money, so yeah…waiting until you had a larger payment would most likely be better.

Archived