Fiverr CS won't help unless you register copyright trademark etc staffs [SOLVED]

engshimul

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t think there’s any need to discuss the quality of the gig image design here, it’s about another Fiverr Seller using OP’s gig image and how Fiverr handled the complaint.

To the former, Fiverr should look into such things IMO - because it’s not OK to steal your fellow sellers’ stuff, plus, as some people already pointed out, it’s not too hard to recreate an image like that, so if the seller who copied it can’t even be bothered to change the bg color, a font or some text, what can their customers expect, realistically?

To the latter, I’d very carefully ponder if this is worth a fight, not because of the quality of the image but because the image uses the WordPress logo. Even if WP isn’t too protective of their logo, someone at support might just think “hey, they use someone else’s trademark, nope!” and decide that someone who uses someone else’s IP might not have much of a stance complaining about others using their IP, or even that nobody may use the WP logo in their gig images anymore, maybe even deny gigs because of it, which probably isn’t in the interest of OP and the whole WP category. People had gigs denied or been told to change gig images that contained the Fiverr logo, after all.
If I was CS staff and knew you’re not allowed to use the Fiverr logo or the Amazon logo in your gig images, for instance, I might well assume the word ‘WordPress’ must be enough and the logo is off-limits.
With CS’s famous mystical ways, I’d not even be sure that they didn’t ask OP to prove his ownership of the WP logo as it’s an if not the key element in the gig image. 😉

I don’t think there’s any need to discuss the quality of the gig image design here, it’s about another Fiverr Seller using OP’s gig image and how Fiverr handled the complaint.

To the former, Fiverr should look into such things IMO - because it’s not OK to steal your fellow sellers’ stuff, plus, as some people already pointed out, it’s not too hard to recreate an image like that, so if the seller who copied it can’t even be bothered to change the bg color, a font or some text, what can their customers expect, realistically?

To the latter, I’d very carefully ponder if this is worth a fight, not because of the quality of the image but because the image uses the WordPress logo. Even if WP isn’t too protective of their logo, someone at support might just think “hey, they use someone else’s trademark, nope!” and decide that someone who uses someone else’s IP might not have much of a stance complaining about others using their IP, or even that nobody may use the WP logo in their gig images anymore, maybe even deny gigs because of it, which probably isn’t in the interest of OP and the whole WP category. People had gigs denied or been told to change gig images that contained the Fiverr logo, after all.

If I was CS staff and knew you’re not allowed to use the Fiverr logo or the Amazon logo in your gig images, for instance, I might well assume the word ‘WordPress’ must be enough and the logo is off-limits.

With CS’s famous mystical ways, I’d not even be sure that they didn’t ask OP to prove his ownership of the WP logo as it’s an if not the key element in the gig image. 😉

Well done @miiila, you have got the actual point.

Now I’m going off from the topic. Because after all I’ve just got the ultimate update from CS. I got success to catch their proper attention. They have forward my complain to Trust & Safety team.

As I have got their attention finally the title is no more strong “Fiverr CS won’t help unless you register copyright trademark etc staffs”.

Now any respected moderator/official is welcome to lock this topic.

Well done @miiila, you have got the actual point.

Now I’m going off from the topic. Because after all I’ve just got the ultimate update from CS. I got success to catch their proper attention. They have forward my complain to Trust & Safety team.

As I have got their attention finally the title is no more strong “Fiverr CS won’t help unless you register copyright trademark etc staffs”.

Now any respected moderator/official is welcome to lock this topic.

I’ve just got the ultimate update from CS. I got success to catch their proper attention. They have forward my complain to Trust & Safety team.

Just keep in mind that this is not a final solution. This process could take a while. And you may never hear the results of this announcement. CS merely indicated that someone else would evaluate your concerns. Feel free to tell us what happens, but be prepared for the fact that you may not hear an answer favorable to what you seek.

I’ve just got the ultimate update from CS. I got success to catch their proper attention. They have forward my complain to Trust & Safety team.

Just keep in mind that this is not a final solution. This process could take a while. And you may never hear the results of this announcement. CS merely indicated that someone else would evaluate your concerns. Feel free to tell us what happens, but be prepared for the fact that you may not hear an answer favorable to what you seek.

You may write. I’m not gonna react more @jonbaas.

They formally wrote the word “apologize” that’s enough. It don’t matter whatever gonna be or not, when I’m 100% pure on myself and honesty.

Archived