Fiverr CS won't help unless you register copyright trademark etc staffs [SOLVED]

engshimul

The both did the same.

I’m sorry, I’ll try more to keep patience in next.

When people try to help you, and take time to do that, it’s not nice to respond by telling them their responses are wrong and not helpful, or be critical of them. One lady actually decided to remove her response due to this.

Regarding your issue with your image being stolen I’m sympathetic. I think fiverr is in a difficult spot to have to make a decision when it comes to who owns an image so they try to be extra careful.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When people try to help you, and take time to do that, it’s not nice to respond by telling them their responses are wrong and not helpful, or be critical of them. One lady actually decided to remove her response due to this.

Regarding your issue with your image being stolen I’m sympathetic. I think fiverr is in a difficult spot to have to make a decision when it comes to who owns an image so they try to be extra careful.

I think fiverr is in a difficult spot to have to make a decision when it comes to who owns an image

A relevant part of the image is the WordPress logo, that has a fairly permissive trademark policy.

Other than that, it’s their trademark. If we speak of copyright infringiment the problem, in this case, would be the determination of the treshold of originality of the work.

But it’s simpler than this. One wouldn’t want to see his Gig picture stolen by a competitor.

I think fiverr is in a difficult spot to have to make a decision when it comes to who owns an image

A relevant part of the image is the WordPress logo, that has a fairly permissive trademark policy.

Other than that, it’s their trademark. If we speak of copyright infringiment the problem, in this case, would be the determination of the treshold of originality of the work.

But it’s simpler than this. One wouldn’t want to see his Gig picture stolen by a competitor.

It seems logical that whoever has the picture on their gig first would be the one to find in favor of but it’s probably not that simple.

It seems logical that whoever has the picture on their gig first would be the one to find in favor of but it’s probably not that simple.

I designed it, and didn’t share anywhere. So it is impossible to use before me.

I just can’t share (the link) in the forum where I used because it’s a different market.

There are websites where you can put a watermark on your images but I’m not sure fiverr accepts that. It’s a big difficult battle to prove you own an image or created it and probably not worth the time or effort to worry about here, as angry as it makes you to have your image stolen.

Wait, so this entire thread is still ongoing because someone copied a cover photo that you can even create with paint?

image.png.fc59e0fa943fcd60e63b651bc402dd46.png

OP, how much time have you spent on it? I mean all the emails with CS and posting to this forum.
Is it really worth it? Does that guarantee you sales or does the other seller improve their skills with it?

Wait, so this entire thread is still ongoing because someone copied a cover photo that you can even create with paint?

OP, how much time have you spent on it? I mean all the emails with CS and posting to this forum.

Is it really worth it? Does that guarantee you sales or does the other seller improve their skills with it?

Hi @uxreview,

the frustration became aggression when the 1st CS agent said proof sent file could not be the original design.

Hi @uxreview,

the frustration became aggression when the 1st CS agent said proof sent file could not be the original design.

I get that it is upsetting to see someone using your work, but this cover photo is simply not worth the time.

Move on. Work on your projects and eventually the other seller will be gone anyway.

I get that it is upsetting to see someone using your work, but this cover photo is simply not worth the time.

Move on. Work on your projects and eventually the other seller will be gone anyway.

I have no problem with the seller, I respect all my competitors highly.

But feel sympathy on them who don’t care other’s issue, neglect, underestimate and try to neutralize without any reason.

Thanks for your suggestion anyway!

I have no problem with the seller, I respect all my competitors highly.

But feel sympathy on them who don’t care other’s issue, neglect, underestimate and try to neutralize without any reason.

Thanks for your suggestion anyway!

this cover photo is simply not worth the time.

@engshimul I hate to tell you this, but there are at least 15 different places that use that design of yours.

There are also at least ten fiverr sellers who use it.

I did a google search and there are dozens of people who use it.

this cover photo is simply not worth the time.

@engshimul I hate to tell you this, but there are at least 15 different places that use that design of yours.

There are also at least ten fiverr sellers who use it.

I did a google search and there are dozens of people who use it.

I did google too. Found the one gig/seller only.

Could you send me a screenshot where you’ve found 10 are using my design?

@misscrystal, only one seller is using my design none other. Please re-check carefully.

I’ve checked your google search term (link), that seems Fiverr is using my creative design to promote those gig/profiles (not intentionally but the search-engine is indexing that way). I have no objection with google indexing but that only one seller and the CS agents (spatially the 1st CS agent).

I did google too. Found the one gig/seller only.

Could you send me a screenshot where you’ve found 10 are using my design?

@misscrystal, only one seller is using my design none other. Please re-check carefully.

I’ve checked your google search term (link), that seems Fiverr is using my creative design to promote those gig/profiles (not intentionally but the search-engine is indexing that way). I have no objection with google indexing but that only one seller and the CS agents (spatially the 1st CS agent).

There was one I found who has been banned apparently. You’re right fiverr is using that for a lot of thumbnails in google.

There was one I found who has been banned apparently. You’re right fiverr is using that for a lot of thumbnails in google.

I looked out of curiosity and tineye finds a lot of similar ones but they aren’t exact, so the number of images with those elements probably skews things. The standard WP logo is used a lot on colored backgrounds with white text in similar fonts. The background color is also very popular with the other elements, though a kind of dusky blue seems to be a second fave. I suppose all that might be contributing to the issue since Fiverr seems to rely heavily on simple reverse searches.

I’m really sorry to see that 100+ review earned (reported) gig has gone offline. I hope that gig has gone offline to become updated. I wish he’ll get a chance to remove my creative design from his gig and do his business smoothly again.

We all the sellers are competitors but co-workers in a sense. But don’t know why some of them are not careful about other’s property even don’t follow the minimal manner alike asking permission to use other’s creative materials. 😕

I’m really sorry to see that 100+ review earned (reported) gig has gone offline. I hope that gig has gone offline to become updated. I wish he’ll get a chance to remove my creative design from his gig and do his business smoothly again.

We all the sellers are competitors but co-workers in a sense. But don’t know why some of them are not careful about other’s property even don’t follow the minimal manner alike asking permission to use other’s creative materials. 😕

We all the sellers are competitors but co-workers in a seance.

I hope this is an unfortunate misspelling, because I can assure you, I am no co-worker in any kind of seance.

Note: According to the dictionary, “seance” means: “a meeting at which people attempt to make contact with the dead, especially through the agency of a medium.”

We all the sellers are competitors but co-workers in a seance.

I hope this is an unfortunate misspelling, because I can assure you, I am no co-worker in any kind of seance.

Note: According to the dictionary, “seance” means: “a meeting at which people attempt to make contact with the dead, especially through the agency of a medium.”

Thank you @jonbaas, you are correct. I did that spell mistake. Thanks a lot for pointing.

Even if an artist has rights to the original work someone can easily come up and make off with a replica without consequence. I’m guessing there have been so many reports on the matter that copyrights are the only way to prove ownership; which it isn’t but I’m guessing its makes processing a little easier. Would be nice if they had clear documentation on matters similar to these so that sellers can better prepare themselves.

Yes, you need to be able to prove that it is yours. Anyone can create a replica of a design and say it is theirs.

Yes, you need to be able to prove that it is yours. Anyone can create a replica of a design and say it is theirs.

I tried my best to proof and I’ve not found any opposition yet in this one sided competition. Just the 1st CS agent’s words ware heartbreaking.

Thanks!

I have to agree that the design is not something worth fighting over. It’s barely even a design, just some words on a pale red background. Yes it’s still your creation but it’s not worth worrying about.

You could ask customer support for permission to tell the seller to remove it.

I have to agree that the design is not something worth fighting over. It’s barely even a design, just some words on a pale red background. Yes it’s still your creation but it’s not worth worrying about.

You could ask customer support for permission to tell the seller to remove it.

My property has highest value to me. You people have no headache because you are not the designer of that. A designer could be sensitive with his own creation.

CS agents ware not behaving to cooperate. And I can’t request the seller directly because that is out of my right. Then you might count that as threatening him.

My property has highest value to me. You people have no headache because you are not the designer of that. A designer could be sensitive with his own creation.

CS agents ware not behaving to cooperate. And I can’t request the seller directly because that is out of my right. Then you might count that as threatening him.

You people have no headache because you are not the designer of that.

If you only knew what I go through.

Honestly, I understand your frustration, but the image you’re complaining about isn’t much of a design.

Most of that image consists of a brand logo that you did not create, as well as the name of said brand that you do not own. The rest of that image are just words defining what you do in your gig. If you take out all of the stuff that you don’t own, all you’re left with are six white words, in an incredibly basic font, and the percentage, “100%”, on a peach-red background.

I AM a professional designer (I have a hard-earned design degree to prove it), and I can assure you that what belongs to you in that image is not much of design at all. It seems odd to me that you are so frustrated over six white words. Anyone can write those white words on a peach-red background. There just aren’t any notable “I gotta fight for this” design elements in that image that you own. None. Just words and a colored background.

The other people here, in this thread, have done well to patiently explain your options. You’re fighting a battle over six words that you’re not likely to win. I would guess, too, that Fiverr doesn’t really see that image as something unique to you, nor a “design” you can claim. You really should move on. Design something that contains imagery and design elements that YOU 100% own. Using someone else’s logo and brand name does not make an image yours. Most legal professionals would call that copyright infringement.

Create something that is undeniably YOUR work – no existing brand logos, no names of other companies. Be original, be unique, and then you will, indeed, have something valuable, legal, and your own to fight for.

Of course, these are just my two cents as an actual, professional, long-time designer.

Honestly, I understand your frustration, but the image you’re complaining about isn’t much of a design.

Most of that image consists of a brand logo that you did not create, as well as the name of said brand that you do not own. The rest of that image are just words defining what you do in your gig. If you take out all of the stuff that you don’t own, all you’re left with are six white words, in an incredibly basic font, and the percentage, “100%”, on a peach-red background.

I AM a professional designer (I have a hard-earned design degree to prove it), and I can assure you that what belongs to you in that image is not much of design at all. It seems odd to me that you are so frustrated over six white words. Anyone can write those white words on a peach-red background. There just aren’t any notable “I gotta fight for this” design elements in that image that you own. None. Just words and a colored background.

The other people here, in this thread, have done well to patiently explain your options. You’re fighting a battle over six words that you’re not likely to win. I would guess, too, that Fiverr doesn’t really see that image as something unique to you, nor a “design” you can claim. You really should move on. Design something that contains imagery and design elements that YOU 100% own. Using someone else’s logo and brand name does not make an image yours. Most legal professionals would call that copyright infringement.

Create something that is undeniably YOUR work – no existing brand logos, no names of other companies. Be original, be unique, and then you will, indeed, have something valuable, legal, and your own to fight for.

Of course, these are just my two cents as an actual, professional, long-time designer.

Well good points. Seems that you know huge of art and intellectual property. All of you writing proves my design is worthless. You could mention I didn’t had to create the typeface, language, colors etc.

How do you evaluate a camera photograph? When it is just a matter of click. A photographer is not the manufacturer of the camera or the sunlight is not his own property.

When somebody loss his kid only he feels the pain and others sound as their wish.

Well good points. Seems that you know huge of art and intellectual property. All of you writing proves my design is worthless. You could mention I didn’t had to create the typeface, language, colors etc.

How do you evaluate a camera photograph? When it is just a matter of click. A photographer is not the manufacturer of the camera or the sunlight is not his own property.

When somebody loss his kid only he feels the pain and others sound as their wish.

Seems that you know huge of art and intellectual property.

I have to. It’s part of my job to take the time to understand these things. That doesn’t, by any means, make me a lawyer. It just makes me a professional who knows what I need to know, to know how to do what I do.

You could mention I didn’t had to create the typeface, language, colors etc.

I can assure you, you did not create that typeface, nor the language that define those words, nor the color you chose to use. They already exist, you just chose to use them. Those are English words, and that peach-red color is one of the many millions of colors that exist on the color palette.

No, but under copyright law, the photographer is the creator of that particular photo, and he owns the photo that the camera produces. Your combination of words and color are your own, but they are nowhere near a photograph. I understand your frustration with that image, but you need to understand how little there is there that you actually “own”. You need to know what battles are worth fighting, and what images are truly an inspired design that you can lay 100% ownership to. You just don’t OWN most of what is in that image. You did not create the Wordpress logo, which really defines the only real imagery in that image.

When somebody loss his kid only he feels the pain

Respectfully, I would hardly call those six white words on a peach-red background anyone’s “kid”. I’m trying to be understanding and helpful here… you should probably move on. Create a new image for your gig, with your own imagery, and your own creative elements, that you can truly call your own inspired design.

Seems that you know huge of art and intellectual property.

I have to. It’s part of my job to take the time to understand these things. That doesn’t, by any means, make me a lawyer. It just makes me a professional who knows what I need to know, to know how to do what I do.

You could mention I didn’t had to create the typeface, language, colors etc.

I can assure you, you did not create that typeface, nor the language that define those words, nor the color you chose to use. They already exist, you just chose to use them. Those are English words, and that peach-red color is one of the many millions of colors that exist on the color palette.

No, but under copyright law, the photographer is the creator of that particular photo, and he owns the photo that the camera produces. Your combination of words and color are your own, but they are nowhere near a photograph. I understand your frustration with that image, but you need to understand how little there is there that you actually “own”. You need to know what battles are worth fighting, and what images are truly an inspired design that you can lay 100% ownership to. You just don’t OWN most of what is in that image. You did not create the Wordpress logo, which really defines the only real imagery in that image.

When somebody loss his kid only he feels the pain

Respectfully, I would hardly call those six white words on a peach-red background anyone’s “kid”. I’m trying to be understanding and helpful here… you should probably move on. Create a new image for your gig, with your own imagery, and your own creative elements, that you can truly call your own inspired design.

If something as basic and uninspired as this is someone’s “kid,” as a prospective buyer that is a huge turn-off. If that’s your baby, what is your regular work like?

Archived