Buyer's Reviews Show up On their Profile Now!

epiphanyanimati

Besides the privacy reasons already stated above, I would like to point out another important thing: the reviews on the buyers’ profiles do not project/depict the entire picture. There could be many reasons for a buyer to give negative reviews for the sellers they purchase from; they may not be obvious at first glance. It does not necessarily mean that the buyer is very demanding, fussy, annoying, and a PITA to deal with.

It could also be that the buyer had not had the opportunity of working with “good” sellers in the past or maybe the seller cheated the buyer by promising something exciting and not delivering it in the end. There could be many reasons for it.

However, despite this, I am sure many sellers would make a split second decision when they see negative reviews on a buyer’s profile. It would be unfair to refuse to work with a buyer (who might, in fact, be one of the most considerate buyers out there) purely based on the fact that they have negative reviews displayed on their profile.

Besides the privacy reasons already stated above, I would like to point out another important thing: the reviews on the buyers’ profiles do not project/depict the entire picture. There could be many reasons for a buyer to give negative reviews for the sellers they purchase from; they may not be obvious at first glance. It does not necessarily mean that the buyer is very demanding, fussy, annoying, and a PITA to deal with.

It could also be that the buyer had not had the opportunity of working with “good” sellers in the past or maybe the seller cheated the buyer by promising something exciting and not delivering it in the end. There could be many reasons for it.

However, despite this, I am sure many sellers would make a split second decision when they see negative reviews on a buyer’s profile. It would be unfair to refuse to work with a buyer (who might, in fact, be one of the most considerate buyers out there) purely based on the fact that they have negative reviews displayed on their profile.

It would be unfair to refuse to work with a buyer (who might, in fact, be one of the most considerate buyers out there) purely based on the fact that they have negative reviews displayed on their profile.

On the other hand it might make buyers be more careful and thoughtful in dealing with sellers.

Guest merciavideo

It would be unfair to refuse to work with a buyer (who might, in fact, be one of the most considerate buyers out there) purely based on the fact that they have negative reviews displayed on their profile.

You’d think so. 😉

Me and a few others have this one buyer that has been a really bad experience, demands, rudeness and after not complying, wanting extras without payment - leaves bad reviews to the sellers afterward for just doing what they were paid for. If all of us reported them for bad treatment of business and unfair demands - it’s not valid grounds yes? Sad… This is a case of someone who will always go around and do business in a toxic, mean way and there’s nothing we can do except leaving a bad review ou…

You’d think so. 😉

Me and a few others have this one buyer that has been a really bad experience, demands, rudeness and after not complying, wanting extras without payment - leaves bad reviews to the sellers afterward for just doing what they were paid for. If all of us reported them for bad treatment of business and unfair demands - it’s not valid grounds yes? Sad… This is a case of someone who will always go around and do business in a toxic, mean way and there’s nothing we can do except leaving a bad review ou…

You’d think so. 😉

the reviews on the buyers’ profiles do not project/depict the entire picture.

It does not necessarily mean that the buyer is very demanding, fussy, annoying, and a PITA to deal with.

Exactly! My point was that: You cannot make head nor tail of a buyer from the reviews that you see on their profile. 🙂 So, using the reviews that you see on a buyer’s profile to make a decision on whether to work with them or not (if u had an option to decide) would not be correct, imo. However, many sellers might already be doing that. 🙂

You’d think so. 😉

the reviews on the buyers’ profiles do not project/depict the entire picture.

It does not necessarily mean that the buyer is very demanding, fussy, annoying, and a PITA to deal with.

Exactly! My point was that: You cannot make head nor tail of a buyer from the reviews that you see on their profile. 🙂 So, using the reviews that you see on a buyer’s profile to make a decision on whether to work with them or not (if u had an option to decide) would not be correct, imo. However, many sellers might already be doing that. 🙂

You cannot make head nor tail of a buyer from the reviews that you see on their profile. 🙂 So, using the reviews that you see on a buyer’s profile to make a decision on whether to work with them or not (if u had an option to decide) would not be correct, imo. However, many sellers might already be doing that. 🙂

But isn’t this what we as sellers are up against everyday here on Fiverr? :thinking:

Huh. That is so weird if a seller’s profile shows their buying activity. 🙈

That is so weird if a seller’s profile shows their buying activity.

I’m going to have a look around and see what I can see. 🔍

Conclusion: I quick look at a few seller’s profiles reveals… most are not active buyers.

Archived