I need your advice now

videoarticle

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

At first, My writing gig was not visible in the search result. I had to create a timetable for social media promotions to drive organic traffic. After some months of aggressive promotion. My gig became visible and I was promoted to page two of the search result.

Today, I received a TOS Warning that a buyer I messaged several months ago has reported me for spamming. Immediately, my gig disappeared out of the search result.
Meanwhile. The buyer was the first to send me a message. I only responded to her inquiry and promoted myself. What can I do?
So I will not sell for the next 30 days because she reported me.

This is not at all intended to be harsh, but facing the realities of Fiverr might be wise since you are so upset about this. It is really dangerous to count on Fiverr’s search as your primary or only means of getting traffic. Your aggressive promotion is great if it was targeted to the right audience, but that promotion should really be intended to help you get your own traffic, not just to drive your search placement. Fiverr search is notoriously unreliable, it’s never guaranteed no matter what you do. I’m sorry that you’ve had troubles. It might be a good time to come up with some alternative (additional) strategies instead of giving into no income for any length of time.

On 10/16/2018 at 2:19 PM, videoarticle said:

Today, I received a TOS Warning that a buyer I messaged several months ago has reported me for spamming. Immediately, my gig disappeared out of the search result.

Meanwhile. The buyer was the first to send me a message. I only responded to her inquiry and promoted myself. 

I wish every new seller who thinks it’s a good idea to send spam would see this.

• 2 weeks later...

I think one thing you need to keep in mind is that those services are extremely oversaturated here on Fiverr. If you want to become successful with those services, you’re going to have to find a way that makes you stand out more.

Thousands of sellers offer those same exact services. What makes your gigs stand out?

On 10/24/2018 at 11:53 PM, creationdaddy said:

That’s a great . I have an idea for you. It’s great if you can add a video according to your gig title for this gig. So your clients get an idea about your gig. Good luck.

Thanks @creationdaddy

I will surely do that

On 10/26/2018 at 8:48 AM, creationdaddy said:

That’s a great . I have an idea for you. It’s great if you can add a video according to your gig title for this gig. So your clients get an idea about your gig. Good luck.

Thanks @creationdaddy

Fiverr Team has approved one my samples as gig video. Can you please help me check. Can that video motivate someone to buy?

Kindly criticize the video so that I’ll know how to improve it.

One person already bought the gig some days ago. The person did not reply to any of my messages. She marked the order as complete but didn’t leave any message or review.

Hello Good People of Fiverr !

There is something I’m yet to understand about this freelance platform.

Does demotion only refer to a seller losing his level or does it also deal with losing one's gig ranking?    I'm not sure of something. Some weeks ago whenever I search for my gig in the search result. It was either at the lower part of page one or the upper part of page 2 and i was getting writing  orders( which i over delivered, everyone was happy, left a 5 star rating, and some even promised to order for more. On the 15th of this month, my gig suddendly disappeared out of the search result, i later saw that it landed in page 5 or .... On that same day two bad things happened to my account 
  1. General evaluation for next level, of which I didn’t qualify for level 1
  2. I received a TOS warning that day for sending a promotion message to a buyer that was even the first to inbox me for inquiry. (Spamming)

Now, which of these two occurrences demoted my gig from page 1 or 2 to page 5.

Was it my failure to promote to the next level or the TOS warning?

Since that day- the15th day of this month, i haven’t received any order.

While Delivering your work

Leave a small message like:

“Feel free to tip me”

Then buyer will pay you a tip if he wanted to…

“Feel free to tip me”

I would never do that. If the buyer feels like you have done an exceptional job and that you deserve a tip, they will give you a tip without you having to say anything.

Your work should show that you deserve to be tipped. Let your work do all the talking!

“Feel free to tip me”

I would never do that. If the buyer feels like you have done an exceptional job and that you deserve a tip, they will give you a tip without you having to say anything.

Your work should show that you deserve to be tipped. Let your work do all the talking!

I agree with that but most of the time they want their work done and that’s all.

They don’t think about tiping or else.

So that is just a remainder i guess…

Guest merciavideo

I agree with that but most of the time they want their work done and that’s all.

So that is just a remainder i guess…

they want their work done and that’s all.

Because that’s what they’re paying for? And the service fee of course. 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently working for a client.
Already, I have written 2 of the four posts he requested for. He was happy, marked the order as complete and gave me good reviews. And even tipped me once.
Before writing the third post. I asked him," Do you need any particular thing in this post. He said no. That I should just go ahead and write. After writing, he came up with another topic. Though related.
However, he called it a review.
I don’t want to make him angry.
What should I do?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Good People of FIVERR.

I want your opinion on this.

Do you think someone that decides to cancel an order and goes away with a service without payment deserves to review the gig?

Here is my opinion (perhaps wrong)

I don’t think a buyer that cancelled an order should be allowed to review. How will you rate a food by taste, if you didn’t eat it. You can actually rate by look, however, your perception of it might be distorted. And in no way can this rating be compared with the rating from someone that ate the food…

How on earth will someone who decides not to spend money on my product have the right to review it.

Guest merciavideo
On 11/29/2018 at 5:17 PM, videoarticle said:

How on earth will someone who decides not to spend money on my product have the right to review it.

They don’t if the gig is cancelled before it’s completed etc. unless you’ve encountered something different?

If they got a refund via PayPal chargeback after it was finished etc. then that’s a different matter.

They don’t if the gig is cancelled before it’s completed etc. unless you’ve encountered something different?

If they got a refund via PayPal chargeback after it was finished etc. then that’s a different matter.

I’m also thinking this happened, I don’t see any other explanation.

Archived