Sellers should get an "accept order" button

creating a new account is a totally different matter

but you can block a user on fiverr and prevent them from placing the order

and if they create a new account and use same card to pay or same paypal account for payments

they are automatically going to be deleted from fiverr for having multiple accounts

but yes there is always a catch

no one can do anything about it

scams happen

Blocking a user does not prevent them from placing an order. It just blocks them from messaging you.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is impossible to do when there are sellers who thinks and act like this is impossible. but it is not the truth. 5 or 6 months ago i raised the same issue on forum and no one was supported to make it. maybe we will fail. but we have to try as a community. 🙂

creating a new account is a totally different matter

but you can block a user on fiverr and prevent them from placing the order

and if they create a new account and use same card to pay or same paypal account for payments

they are automatically going to be deleted from fiverr for having multiple accounts

but yes there is always a catch

no one can do anything about it

scams happen

In a perfect world scenario, that would be true. Unfortunately its even a “sport” on Youtube to troll fiverr users.

I’ve only gotten one buyer’s request so far and hoo boy am I fearing this situation. Fiverr probably goes by “the customer is always right” and if you’ve worked ANYWHERE to do with charity or art you know ■■■■ well that’s just some old gimmick some rich guy made up.

Welp. Time to assert myself before I need to 🙂

I’ve only gotten one buyer’s request so far and hoo boy am I fearing this situation. Fiverr probably goes by “the customer is always right” and if you’ve worked ANYWHERE to do with charity or art you know ■■■■ well that’s just some old gimmick some rich guy made up.

Welp. Time to assert myself before I need to 🙂

What are you suggesting? That Fiverr is conspiring against you so you can’t get Buyer Request sales? What exactly would Fiverr get out of this?

I don’t know why it is so inconceivable to so many sellers that maybe they aren’t getting sales because there is something wrong with how they do business. Accept responsibility, evaluate, improve your skills and put the work in. Only then will you see results.

Fiverr would have zero to gain from preventing you from getting buyer request sales. A successful business person doesn’t accuse and blame others when business is slow or minimal.

What are you suggesting? That Fiverr is conspiring against you so you can’t get Buyer Request sales? What exactly would Fiverr get out of this?

I don’t know why it is so inconceivable to so many sellers that maybe they aren’t getting sales because there is something wrong with how they do business. Accept responsibility, evaluate, improve your skills and put the work in. Only then will you see results.

Fiverr would have zero to gain from preventing you from getting buyer request sales. A successful business person doesn’t accuse and blame others when business is slow or minimal.

Oh, you poor innocent child. You’d do well at a charity store. You get questions like “can I have a discount” even though the products you have in store are already discounted (and I’d like to think they don’t do that at the supermarket). And then they get indignant, forgetting that this is in fact, a charity store. That money not only goes to the charity, but also bills, potential new imports, and paid staff.

The workers trying to get by are just upholding the business’s rules. When you’re your own boss and everyone’s trying to take advantage of you, and you’re doing absolutely nothing wrong, there’s a point where you have to put your foot down. Do you know how many people ask for art and “pay” you with exposure, or ask without paying their fee? People 👏 don’t 👏 understand 👏 the 👏 time 👏 and 👏 effort. Goes for any sort of business.

Buyers! Make your mind up! Message us first if you’re not sure!

Rant over. I’m sorry, I’m very passionate about this.

Oh, you poor innocent child. You’d do well at a charity store. You get questions like “can I have a discount” even though the products you have in store are already discounted (and I’d like to think they don’t do that at the supermarket). And then they get indignant, forgetting that this is in fact, a charity store. That money not only goes to the charity, but also bills, potential new imports, and paid staff.

The workers trying to get by are just upholding the business’s rules. When you’re your own boss and everyone’s trying to take advantage of you, and you’re doing absolutely nothing wrong, there’s a point where you have to put your foot down. Do you know how many people ask for art and “pay” you with exposure, or ask without paying their fee? People 👏 don’t 👏 understand 👏 the 👏 time 👏 and 👏 effort. Goes for any sort of business.

I am my own boss, thank you. Nothing you purport that I can’t relate to is true and business is business. Blaming others and playing the victim is not business and sympathy mongering will NOT help you get sales. Only improving your skills and putting the work in will.

I am my own boss, thank you. Nothing you purport that I can’t relate to is true and business is business. Blaming others and playing the victim is not business and sympathy mongering will NOT help you get sales. Only improving your skills and putting the work in will.

Except this is not playing the victim. This is asserting yourself as a serious freelancer/businessperson and being taken seriously. You think these people don’t bust their backside? They could have very reasonable prices and rules and SOMEONE will complain. If someone goes to buy my gig and doesn’t read the FAQs before getting up me for not telling them and then canceling on me without warning, that’s on them, baby.

brings mic closer

THE SIGN SAYS DON’T FEED THE ANIMALS. THEY’RE STILL FEEDING THE ANIMALS.

Except this is not playing the victim. This is asserting yourself as a serious freelancer/businessperson and being taken seriously. You think these people don’t bust their backside? They could have very reasonable prices and rules and SOMEONE will complain. If someone goes to buy my gig and doesn’t read the FAQs before getting up me for not telling them and then canceling on me without warning, that’s on them, baby.

brings mic closer

THE SIGN SAYS DON’T FEED THE ANIMALS. THEY’RE STILL FEEDING THE ANIMALS.

You aren’t “busting your backside” if you are drawing such illogical conclusions and assuming that someone is out to get you and that is why you aren’t getting sales.

I can put 20 hours into knitting a blanket, hurting my back in the process. But that doesn’t mean my blanket is what people want and they’ll buy it just because I put time and energy in. And I wouldn’t rant about the yarn company because I couldn’t sell my blanket, even if I spent a lot of time on it.

People buy what they want. They don’t buy something to give someone a pat on the back for putting time and energy in.

You aren’t “busting your backside” if you are drawing such illogical conclusions and assuming that someone is out to get you and that is why you aren’t getting sales.

I can put 20 hours into knitting a blanket, hurting my back in the process. But that doesn’t mean my blanket is what people want and they’ll buy it just because I put time and energy in. And I wouldn’t rant about the yarn company because I couldn’t sell my blanket, even if I spent a lot of time on it.

People buy what they want. They don’t buy something to give someone a pat on the back for putting time and energy in.

No, honey. You need to be paid for your services. If your back is hurting, you need that compensation. But that’s how I feel about the situation because I’m a compassionate human being.

No, honey. You need to be paid for your services. If your back is hurting, you need that compensation. But that’s how I feel about the situation because I’m a compassionate human being.

You don’t get it, “honey.” (Dont patronize me.)

I don’t break my back, yet I get great sales. That isn’t an accident and I’m not privileged. I just educate myself and perform strategically.

If you are breaking your back and it isn’t working, you are doing it wrong, “honey.”

You don’t get it, “honey.” (Dont patronize me.)

I don’t break my back, yet I get great sales. That isn’t an accident and I’m not privileged. I just educate myself and perform strategically.

If you are breaking your back and it isn’t working, you are doing it wrong, “honey.”

Hey. Just so you know, I wasn’t patronising you. At that time I stopped being mad (I went nuts over tarot decks today), and I’m sorry it came out that way. I’ve had my dinner, taken a deep breath, and watched some MKR, now I’m fresh as a daisy.

Now your strategies might be very helpful for business people to know, but what do you do when that doesn’t work out? Since you do get good sales I’m assuming you have backup plans, but sometimes it’s just not the answer. When you get so many entitled customers who think you owe them more than what they pay for, and then they cancel without giving a reason, you’re right to be mad.

It’s not just “Oh I don’t really want to do this anymore because eg my son doesn’t want it after all”. That’s okay. That’s human. It’s “you’re not up to my impossibly high standards so I’m outtie” that’s the problem.

If you can’t take constructive criticism I suggest you don’t read the following message. 🙂

In my opinion, the whole “big guy doesn’t let small guy wins” is a poor excuse at not assuming responsibility for one’s actions.

No one is responsible for our success but ourselves. If we can’t overcome obstacles, difficulties, annoying clients and so forth, that’s on us.

We all face difficulties and setbacks. It’s part of the natural order.

If one believes that their life is not how they want it because of some external factors they are just lying to themselves. Of course, is easier to blame anything but oneself, but easy doesn’t bring results.

People ask for discounts when you already offer them? Don’t offer discounts.

People don’t appreciate your work? Find better prospects.

Employees don’t respect you? Find better ones and be a better boss.

I get that Fiverr is not perfect and there are some things that are more inclined towards the advantage of buyers, but that doesn’t stop one’s success. If you don’t like it here, create your own opportunities elsewhere, as I did.

My point being is that being a person that doesn’t know how to adapt to situations is not the best way to succeed in life. Ask dinosaurs how that worked out for them.

If you can’t take constructive criticism I suggest you don’t read the following message. 🙂

In my opinion, the whole “big guy doesn’t let small guy wins” is a poor excuse at not assuming responsibility for one’s actions.

No one is responsible for our success but ourselves. If we can’t overcome obstacles, difficulties, annoying clients and so forth, that’s on us.

We all face difficulties and setbacks. It’s part of the natural order.

If one believes that their life is not how they want it because of some external factors they are just lying to themselves. Of course, is easier to blame anything but oneself, but easy doesn’t bring results.

People ask for discounts when you already offer them? Don’t offer discounts.

People don’t appreciate your work? Find better prospects.

Employees don’t respect you? Find better ones and be a better boss.

I get that Fiverr is not perfect and there are some things that are more inclined towards the advantage of buyers, but that doesn’t stop one’s success. If you don’t like it here, create your own opportunities elsewhere, as I did.

My point being is that being a person that doesn’t know how to adapt to situations is not the best way to succeed in life. Ask dinosaurs how that worked out for them.

Okay but like

Even that’s not gonna fully work for everyone. I’m new to Fiverr so like, my business plan is to be respectful and as bubbly as I can, but if the customer is acting inappropriately, I have every right to put my foot down and refuse them service.

If that works for you, go for it. But don’t judge people who have a different way

if there should be a button, but I think that buyers are more attractive because they are the hardest to bring to the page, because they give more benefits to them than to the sellers themselves (we are important parties, since without they would not come buyers to fiverr)

Hey. Just so you know, I wasn’t patronising you. At that time I stopped being mad (I went nuts over tarot decks today), and I’m sorry it came out that way. I’ve had my dinner, taken a deep breath, and watched some MKR, now I’m fresh as a daisy.

Now your strategies might be very helpful for business people to know, but what do you do when that doesn’t work out? Since you do get good sales I’m assuming you have backup plans, but sometimes it’s just not the answer. When you get so many entitled customers who think you owe them more than what they pay for, and then they cancel without giving a reason, you’re right to be mad.

It’s not just “Oh I don’t really want to do this anymore because eg my son doesn’t want it after all”. That’s okay. That’s human. It’s “you’re not up to my impossibly high standards so I’m outtie” that’s the problem.

Bad customers are a part of sales life. That isn’t Fiverr’s doing and the platform doesn’t owe you sales. This is a free market, not a charity for sellers who aren’t strong in business.

In business, when something doesn’t work, you evaluate your efforts and develop your skills. You don’t blame your landlord and say woe is me. That will not help you get business and, again, this is a free market, not a charity to hand people sales.

That is all I am going to say because I think you are looking for assurance that Fiverr has wronged you and your success is out of your control, rather than real business advice. Neither is true. If you want to be successful, it is on your hands and you need to own that.

By the way if I relied solely on Buyer Requests, I wouldn’t get business at all.

And you were definitely patronizing me.

Take care.

I agree with this suggestion. I recently had a buyer place an order for a voiceover priced at 900 words. I opened their script document, and it was 13,000 words (!). Pretty big mishap there, so the buyer canceled the order (since it would have cost quite a bit more, and he changed his mind entirely about doing a V.O).

With something like an “accept order” button, I could have said to him — hey, are you aware your script is 13,000 words? — before the order clock begins and a cancellation becomes necessary.

This feature seems super obvious. I’m a buyer and I have honored all requests by sellers on their info pages, except filling out the optional questionnaire fully every time b/c it has problems IMO. I have not ordered a SINGLE thing because I think my project generally falls between the graphic artists’ mid and high tiers (most have 3 tiers in those gigs). I want a fair price, so I’m trying to “contact me first” as they are asking me. I have had one polite hedge (“I’m busy this week”), which doesn’t help in the business world since my follow up about her starting next week was ignored, and one person who didn’t apparently read my last paragraph of my detailed inquiry, so I immediately responded, quoted myself from just above, and then clarified some more. One person who seemed to have the least command of my native language (based on his info page) I only gave one question plus answered the two questions he asked specifically (instead of my 2300 character standard inquiry) in his about the gig panel, which is sort of buried I might add… thanks to how fiverr decided to organize the web page.

I 100% sympathize with the seller who started this thread and all the “ayes”. I don’t think this thread is about labor and fairness as a free market concept folks…

Should the seller have a way to manage incoming jobs? OF COURSE!
Why? Because >>> 100% of sellers <<< I’ve reached out to have stated in their details “PLEASE CONTACT ME FIRST!!!” That means… 100% of sellers in my usage of this site want this feature!

So, there is a fundamental flaw in the system. How has this service been going this long without honoring this basic need of the people who make fiverr money $?! (I’m assuming, not being a seller, that fiverr gets a decent piece of your pie sellers?)

The sellers AND the buyers need this feature so as not to >> waste everyone’s valuable time << (look at how they market their platform) that we could be using to earn and spend money doing and hiring for jobs! Ridiculous oversight! We’re all wasting our time while earning fiverr money.

Sellers’ standings and Buyers’ time is part of how you market this platform! How about being a decent (in the moral sense) platform in this regard then, Fiverr?

I just made my first post in site feedback… I’m going to update that post with this point as well.

Archived