Sellers should get an "accept order" button

I 100% agree with jacfruit. You should be able to turn this feature off and on manually per gig. Especially the ones where buyers order without contacting the seller first to discuss the terms and details of the project.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I totally agree. I’ve had orders placed, and since fiverr isn’t my main work, I don’t check it daily. Then, I find out a gig has “started,” and the buyer hasn’t even bothered to contact me. They want a lot of fancy vid stuff, and only want to pay $5! I outline what’s available in which gig, and they want to always request higher end features, for the bare bones. There is no way to cancel it, without punishment to reputation.

I also agree with @misscrystal that seller’s should not get the cancel button …It will increase the spamming . Sellers will set their gig price $5 and then buyer will place order …After that sellers will say that is just a display price …It will take (Much amount ) . If buyers do not agree then sellers will cancel it easily … They will not care about the cancellation . Seller will not take order from some countries also … They will work as their wish … But if fiverr add a simple option in resolution center in Cancel Order > Reason >(Placed Order Mistakenly) …Then the problem will be solved …

And @jeffsantos793 You are selling service which are open to all … You can not restrict it … And if you have bad experience of any buyer , you can easily block the buyer …

However , I have just shared my opinion …

We have the “all or nothing” cognitive distortion available to us at all times.
IF the button exists, all buyers will cancel their orders while they wait.<
that’s not a logical argument. Some will, probably yes… because they signed up with someone who decided to add a step to this process that makes a lot of sense to a lot of people…
Maybe even make it auto-cancel after 2 days? This is a negotiation between two parties, why not treat it like that?

some people want this… some people don’t… what’s the problem with making it optional again? Showing that this option is in effect on the gig page? When someone buys a gig trigger a message “As you saw on the gig page, this seller chooses to filter jobs. There are many reasons for this, including accidentally selecting the wrong gig, spam, etc… Don’t worry, the seller will get back to you soon, but if they can’t, this order will auto-cancel after 2 days so you can take your money elsewhere” This is so painfully reasonable… anyone ever used ebay?

Imagine if there was a community gathering area, and you left a pile of your contracts for tree trimming there, and somebody left a pile of artwork contracts there…
Someone came by, grabbed a tree-trimming contract, then put in the job description of what they want you to do as “landscaping for a 2 acre plot, shrubs, weeds, vegetables.” Not a single tree to be trimmed in that entire description!
BUT, the community center hides your contracts in a dark corner if you don’t respond to all the people who have tried to hire you by completing the contract, even if they had no idea what they were doing…
Who thinks it’s fair to punish freelancers who regularly get people trying to hire them who can’t follow the basic directions of matching their job desired to a freelancer’s gig description?

What if craigslist worked like this:

Subject: Newborn Kitties! Come take ONE of the BABIES!
Body: Please come to my house and take one of these lovely new baby cats to a nice home.

Please don’t bother the mommy she is resting.

LISTING OPTION 1: here’s my address: xxxxxxxx

Listing option 2: Please let me know how many >babies< you can take, and I’ll text you the address.

Pretend craigslist only allowed option 1.
In listing option 1 someone just comes to your home and takes the mommy cat…

So, since this happened to you twice already, you decide to use listing option 2. But wait, you can’t…

That’s why on craigslist you don’t give all the information for many many postings until you’ve FILTERED the responses.

Now, if you think aiming at fairness doesn’t have a place in the world, please make a logical argument to that effect.

Most important thing is that few buyer come from social media, they don’t know about fiverr policy that’s why 1stly accept the order then they think oh ho we are not discussing about this things, when talk about those thing we freelancer got shocked and wanna cancel the order but level is the main fact for us, so i appreciate Sellers should get an “accept order” button

• 4 weeks later...

Just a simple button to say I accept the order or I don’t - and include a comment box to explain why the seller rejected the gig. This will make for more harmony and enjoyment on Fiverr. I just got a $5 gig for way over the word count and I know this will damage my well earned rating.

I’m surprised this isn’t a thing yet. Sometimes buyers just ignore the gig’s description, and order blindly. This requires the seller to contact customer support to have it cancelled without affecting the level up requirements, which wastes their resources. But to have a button that refuses the order wouldn’t be affected by cancellation ratio in any way. And when refusing, there also must be a comment box, so the buyer gets a notification from you on why the work was refused, so they can try better on the next gig they try.

We have the “all or nothing” cognitive distortion available to us at all times.

IF the button exists, all buyers will cancel their orders while they wait.<

that’s not a logical argument. Some will, probably yes… because they signed up with someone who decided to add a step to this process that makes a lot of sense to a lot of people…

Maybe even make it auto-cancel after 2 days? This is a negotiation between two parties, why not treat it like that?

some people want this… some people don’t… what’s the problem with making it optional again? Showing that this option is in effect on the gig page? When someone buys a gig trigger a message “As you saw on the gig page, this seller chooses to filter jobs. There are many reasons for this, including accidentally selecting the wrong gig, spam, etc… Don’t worry, the seller will get back to you soon, but if they can’t, this order will auto-cancel after 2 days so you can take your money elsewhere” This is so painfully reasonable… anyone ever used ebay?

Imagine if there was a community gathering area, and you left a pile of your contracts for tree trimming there, and somebody left a pile of artwork contracts there…

Someone came by, grabbed a tree-trimming contract, then put in the job description of what they want you to do as “landscaping for a 2 acre plot, shrubs, weeds, vegetables.” Not a single tree to be trimmed in that entire description!

BUT, the community center hides your contracts in a dark corner if you don’t respond to all the people who have tried to hire you by completing the contract, even if they had no idea what they were doing…

Who thinks it’s fair to punish freelancers who regularly get people trying to hire them who can’t follow the basic directions of matching their job desired to a freelancer’s gig description?

What if craigslist worked like this:

Subject: Newborn Kitties! Come take ONE of the BABIES!

Body: Please come to my house and take one of these lovely new baby cats to a nice home.

Please don’t bother the mommy she is resting.

LISTING OPTION 1: here’s my address: xxxxxxxx

Listing option 2: Please let me know how many >babies< you can take, and I’ll text you the address.

Pretend craigslist only allowed option 1.

In listing option 1 someone just comes to your home and takes the mommy cat…

So, since this happened to you twice already, you decide to use listing option 2. But wait, you can’t…

That’s why on craigslist you don’t give all the information for many many postings until you’ve FILTERED the responses.

Now, if you think aiming at fairness doesn’t have a place in the world, please make a logical argument to that effect.

IF the button exists, all buyers will cancel their orders while they wait.

You ask why we don’t have this already? Because fiverr does not want all those cancellations and lost sales. I wouldn’t want to pay for something and not get anything, and be forced to wait to hear from the seller.

The first rule of online sales is FAST deliveries. You can’t expect people to pay and then have to wait to hear from the seller, and also have irresponsible sellers who never answer, or wait a week to answer. That would lead to the end of fiverr quickly.

Speed is everything. Why do you think Amazon is so successful? They get things to you fast after you order. In two business days I get what I ordered.

Yeah I agree this should be an option. I have too many buyers who just wildly place an order without talking to me, even though I put in bold in my description to contact me before placing an order. Then I’ll come to find out they don’t have the appropriate files, or their project is not ready for me to work on so then I’m forced to cancel an order and take hit to my account for not fault of my own.This shit really needs to be fixed.

Please fiverr never install a accept order button.

I don’t want to have an 80% cancellation rate.

They could design it so that the seller accepts the order before the buyer even pays money for the order. And if the seller doesn’t agree to the order, it will not affect the seller’s cancellation rate. This is not going to slow down the process (than it already is) in any way.

They can make it so that cancellation rates are only affected if the seller accepted the order and then canceled the order later on. 🙂

You can’t expect people to pay and then have to wait to hear from the seller, and also have irresponsible sellers who never answer, or wait a week to answer.

It’s all in the buyer’s hands, really. Like I mentioned earlier, if the buyer is required to let the seller know the order details and get the seller’s acceptance even before the buyer is asked to pay for the order, it would make things a lot easier and faster.

It’s up to the buyer to decide how long they’re willing to wait for an acceptance from the seller. If the seller doesn’t respond in a reasonable amount of time, the buyer can just move on to another seller.

There’s no point in placing an order with a seller (expecting “FAST service”) only to have the seller cancel the order later on. If you think about it, this is what is going on right now on Fiverr. Buyers are not really receiving “FAST service” because sellers often have to cancel such orders where the buyer either ordered something the seller isn’t capable of doing or where the buyer’s order requirements are unclear and the buyer is not replying back to the seller’s messages.

In case of the above-mentioned examples, do you think a seller would worry about their order cancellation %? Nope. So, even with the current system that’s in place, buyers are not really receiving “fast service.”

I want an option to decline/cancel orders and I want buyers to get penalized for not providing the requirements. Something along the lines of “hey, you basically just wrote “hi” in the requirements form and called it a day, you can’t place any orders for a week”.

But it’d scare off the new buyers and turn off quite a few old ones so I sincerely doubt it’s going to happen. So it’s just a fantasy I console myself with for now.

What some people do not realize is that, even with the current system that’s in place, sellers are resorting to cancelling the orders anyway (in case of “problematic orders” where the buyer selected the wrong package or the buyer ordered something the seller is not capable of doing or if a non-responsive buyer placed an order with unclear requirements), and this means that buyers are not really receiving FAST service as they have to go looking for another seller once the current order gets canceled.

These issues can be solved by having an accept/reject button. However, like many have already pointed out, such a feature can be misused by sellers, and Fiverr will have to come up with a way to tightly regulate this feature.

They could design it so that the seller accepts the order before the buyer even pays money for the order. And if the seller doesn’t agree to the order, it will not affect the seller’s cancellation rate. This is not going to slow down the process (than it already is) in any way.

They can make it so that cancellation rates are only affected if the seller accepted the order and then canceled the order later on. 🙂

You can’t expect people to pay and then have to wait to hear from the seller, and also have irresponsible sellers who never answer, or wait a week to answer.

It’s all in the buyer’s hands, really. Like I mentioned earlier, if the buyer is required to let the seller know the order details and get the seller’s acceptance even before the buyer is asked to pay for the order, it would make things a lot easier and faster.

It’s up to the buyer to decide how long they’re willing to wait for an acceptance from the seller. If the seller doesn’t respond in a reasonable amount of time, the buyer can just move on to another seller.

There’s no point in placing an order with a seller (expecting “FAST service”) only to have the seller cancel the order later on. If you think about it, this is what is going on right now on Fiverr. Buyers are not really receiving “FAST service” because sellers often have to cancel such orders where the buyer either ordered something the seller isn’t capable of doing or where the buyer’s order requirements are unclear and the buyer is not replying back to the seller’s messages.

In case of the above-mentioned examples, do you think a seller would worry about their order cancellation %? Nope. So, even with the current system that’s in place, buyers are not really receiving “fast service.”

All this is not how online sales work.

The first principle of online sales, just like mail order sales, is the speed from the time the buyer decides he wants it to the time he gets it.

This is the main reason people love to buy online. Speed of delivery. No delay between when the decision is made to buy and getting the item.

Sellers need to understand this and try to work within this driving principle.

What you describe will end sales.

Buyers will have time to change their mind about the whole thing. People have zero attention span now.

All this is not how online sales work.

The first principle of online sales, just like mail order sales, is the speed from the time the buyer decides he wants it to the time he gets it.

This is the main reason people love to buy online. Speed of delivery. No delay between when the decision is made to buy and getting the item.

Sellers need to understand this and try to work within this driving principle.

Buyers will have time to change their mind about the whole thing. People have zero attention span now.

I don’t see how it will end sales when there’s no change whatsoever in the speed/pace at which business is conducted in the system that I described in comparison to the system that’s in place right now.

I am not sure if you read this paragraph:

What some people do not realize is that, even with the current system that’s in place, sellers are resorting to cancelling the orders anyway (in case of “problematic orders” where the buyer selected the wrong package or the buyer ordered something the seller is not capable of doing or if a non-responsive buyer placed an order with unclear requirements), and this means that buyers are not really receiving FAST service as they have to go looking for another seller once the current order gets canceled.

So there’s no point in just having an option to place an order quickly only to have it canceled by the seller later on.

I don’t see how it will end sales when there’s no change whatsoever in the speed/pace at which business is conducted in the system that I described in comparison to the system that’s in place right now.

I am not sure if you read this paragraph:

So there’s no point in just having an option to place an order quickly only to have it canceled by the seller later on.

Ok if you don’t understand. I can’t explain it more. Sales are made fast. People see it and buy it and expect it fast. That’s 90% of it. Especially in the newer generations, it’s all about instant gratification.

If sellers have to cancel orders they have not modified how they work to fit within the system. I know what you mean but this is geared to a certain way of doing business.

Ok if you don’t understand. I can’t explain it more. Sales are made fast. People see it and buy it and expect it fast. That’s 90% of it. Especially in the newer generations, it’s all about instant gratification.

If sellers have to cancel orders they have not modified how they work to fit within the system. I know what you mean but this is geared to a certain way of doing business.

Sales are made fast.

How are they made fast when the orders that are being placed by the buyers are getting canceled by the seller? When that happens, the buyer then has to go searching for another seller. That’s PLENTY of extra time WASTED!

Sales are made fast.

How are they made fast when the orders that are being placed by the buyers are getting canceled by the seller? When that happens, the buyer then has to go searching for another seller. That’s PLENTY of extra time WASTED!

Seller’s have a requirements section they can modify as they need to. It’s not easy in most cases but the better any seller can figure out how to make this work the better it will go for them.

One top seller, a writer, has a detailed PDF set of questions they fill out.

I feel bad for sellers who need to wait for input from buyers to do the job. I’m not sure what the answer is but asking buyers to wait for a seller to accept an order is going to fail.

Seller’s have a requirements section they can modify as they need to. It’s not easy in most cases but the better any seller can figure out how to make this work the better it will go for them.

One top seller, a writer, has a detailed PDF set of questions they fill out.

I feel bad for sellers who need to wait for input from buyers to do the job. I’m not sure what the answer is but asking buyers to wait for a seller to accept an order is going to fail.

Seller’s have a requirements section they can modify as they need to

This is not going to be of any use when, as pointed out by lenasemenkova,

ou basically just wrote “hi” in the requirements form and called it a day,

buyers can just get away with saying “hi” in the order requirements or attaching a random file in the mandatory file attachment field.

This is not a real solution.

Seller’s have a requirements section they can modify as they need to

This is not going to be of any use when, as pointed out by lenasemenkova,

ou basically just wrote “hi” in the requirements form and called it a day,

buyers can just get away with saying “hi” in the order requirements or attaching a random file in the mandatory file attachment field.

This is not a real solution.

You would have to give buyers the option to cancel the order whenever they want to if you had the accept order button for sellers, in case the seller didn’t respond.

And get a refund immediately.

We already have a message system but what you are describing is simply a message system.

You would have to give buyers the option to cancel the order whenever they want to if you had the accept order button for sellers, in case the seller didn’t respond.

And get a refund immediately.

We already have a message system but what you are describing is simply a message system.

If there was an “accept order” button in place, the order wouldn’t even start without the seller accepting the order. So, there’s no need for the buyer to have a cancel button in case the seller doesn’t respond as the order wouldn’t have even started to begin with. :thinking:

All the buyer needs is a withdraw request button so that in case the seller doesn’t respond, the buyer can just withdraw the accept/cancel request they sent to seller and just move on to another seller.

That way, even if the seller were to check their account a week later, they will not be able to see the buyer’s previous request and “accept” it.

If there was an “accept order” button in place, the order wouldn’t even start without the seller accepting the order. So, there’s no need for the buyer to have a cancel button in case the seller doesn’t respond as the order wouldn’t have even started to begin with. :thinking:

All the buyer needs is a withdraw request button so that in case the seller doesn’t respond, the buyer can just withdraw the accept/cancel request they sent to seller and just move on to another seller.

That way, even if the seller were to check their account a week later, they will not be able to see the buyer’s previous request and “accept” it.

If there was an “accept order” button in place, the order wouldn’t even start without the seller accepting the order

We already have a message system. How is it even an order?

What happens when all these buyers go around placing the same order with a dozen sellers to see who accepts it first?

A seller accepts the order then gets the message “I already had it accepted by another seller so I need to cancel”.

Archived