Sellers should get an "accept order" button

You would have to give buyers the option to cancel the order whenever they want to if you had the accept order button for sellers, in case the seller didn’t respond.

And get a refund immediately.

We already have a message system but what you are describing is simply a message system.

We already have a message system but what you are describing is simply a message system.

Pretty much… But not exactly the same. While messaging is just optional (something the buyer can choose not to do), the accept/decline button can be made mandatory.

We already have a message system. How is it even an order?

We also have a buyer’s request section

Weren’t you the one who was earlier arguing that buyers have no need to use any of these features and should have the freedom to just place an order directly so that it would make it easier for buyers to place an order and get the service/product delivered quicker!?

Well, I’m specifically referring to such buyers who choose to take advantage of this freedom and just place orders without even reading the buyer’s gig description or ensuring that the seller is capable of doing the work that the buyer needs completed.

What happens when all these buyers go around placing the same order with a dozen sellers to see who accepts it first?

A simple system can be designed where, once the buyer gets a positive response from a seller, the other requests that were submitted by the buyer to the other sellers will automatically get canceled. This can be done by a tool that can track the contents of the requests and delete the other copies of the request that was just accepted.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seller’s have a requirements section they can modify as they need to. It’s not easy in most cases but the better any seller can figure out how to make this work the better it will go for them.

One top seller, a writer, has a detailed PDF set of questions they fill out.

I feel bad for sellers who need to wait for input from buyers to do the job. I’m not sure what the answer is but asking buyers to wait for a seller to accept an order is going to fail.

One top seller, a writer, has a detailed PDF set of questions they fill out.

There is currently no system in place (that I know of) where buyers are mandatorily required to fill out PDF forms while purchasing the gig for the order to start.

They can, however, design several multiple-choice questions and file attachment fields in the order requirement section of their gig so that they are directly displayed in the order requirement section when the buyer is purchasing the gig, and these multiple choice questions/file attachment fields can be made mandatory for the buyer.

Pretty much… But not exactly the same. While messaging is just optional (something the buyer can choose not to do), the accept/decline button can be made mandatory.

Weren’t you the one who was earlier arguing that buyers have no need to use any of these features and should have the freedom to just place an order directly so that it would make it easier for buyers to place an order and get the service/product delivered quicker!?

Well, I’m specifically referring to such buyers who choose to take advantage of this freedom and just place orders without even reading the buyer’s gig description or ensuring that the seller is capable of doing the work that the buyer needs completed.

What happens when all these buyers go around placing the same order with a dozen sellers to see who accepts it first?

A simple system can be designed where, once the buyer gets a positive response from a seller, the other requests that were submitted by the buyer to the other sellers will automatically get canceled. This can be done by a tool that can track the contents of the requests and delete the other copies of the request that was just accepted.

AJ, wake up. You’re having a nightmare !!! 😲

Not even sound notifications are working right (and that’s an easy task) image your proposal… :crazy_face:

It’s up to the buyer to decide how long they’re willing to wait for an acceptance from the seller. If the seller doesn’t respond in a reasonable amount of time, the buyer can just move on to another seller.

All this is not how online sales work.

The first principle of online sales, just like mail order sales, is the speed from the time the buyer decides he wants it to the time he gets it.

This is the main reason people love to buy online. Speed of delivery. No delay between when the decision is made to buy and getting the item.

Sellers need to understand this and try to work within this driving principle.

What you describe will end sales.

Buyers will have time to change their mind about the whole thing. People have zero attention span now.

All this is not how online sales work.

The first principle of online sales, just like mail order sales, is the speed from the time the buyer decides he wants it to the time he gets it.

This is the main reason people love to buy online. Speed of delivery. No delay between when the decision is made to buy and getting the item.

It’s not really how (especially expensive) orders of custom work designed for what the buyer wants and often using their source content usually works. Especially if they want to have some creative control and over the delivery to make sure it is exactly (or as close as possible to) what they wanted.

AJ, wake up. You’re having a nightmare !!! 😲

Not even sound notifications are working right (and that’s an easy task) image your proposal… :crazy_face:

You’re right. I am probably deluding myself. :rofl:

But we are just “theory-crafting” at this point. I don’t care even if they are not capable of implementing such a system (it’s probably beyond their capabilities right now). I am just trying to understand the benefit of having such a system as opposed to the current system that’s in place. It’s just theory-crafting. 🙂

A simple system can be designed where, once the buyer gets a positive response from a seller, the other requests that were submitted by the buyer to the other sellers will automatically get canceled.

How is a simple system going to know the orders are all for the identical thing? The only one who knows that is the buyer, in his mind.

A simple system can be designed where, once the buyer gets a positive response from a seller, the other requests that were submitted by the buyer to the other sellers will automatically get canceled.

How is a simple system going to know the orders are all for the identical thing? The only one who knows that is the buyer, in his mind.

How is a simple system going to know the orders are all for the identical thing

Based on the text/files in the request (% similarity). 🙂

The only one who knows that is the buyer, in his mind.

How so? If the buyer had already posted multiple requests to several sellers, the requests are on Fiverr’s system, and obviously Fiverr has access to them. They don’t need to read the buyer’s mind to find out something the buyer has already posted on the platform.

How is a simple system going to know the orders are all for the identical thing

Based on the text/files in the request (% similarity). 🙂

The only one who knows that is the buyer, in his mind.

How so? If the buyer had already posted multiple requests to several sellers, the requests are on Fiverr’s system, and obviously Fiverr has access to them. They don’t need to read the buyer’s mind to find out something the buyer has already posted on the platform.

Now I know you are joking. 😄

This buyer places 12 identical orders with 12 sellers at the same time and whoever gets there to accept it first wins the order. Great idea. 😸

Meanwhile a new more devastating crop of bugs in the system appear where it all malfunctions and all 12 get to accept the order and all hell breaks loose.

Now I know you are joking. 😄

This buyer places 12 identical orders with 12 sellers at the same time and whoever gets there to accept it first wins the order. Great idea. 😸

Meanwhile a new more devastating crop of bugs in the system appear where it all malfunctions and all 12 get to accept the order and all hell breaks loose.

This buyer places 12 identical orders with 12 sellers at the same time and whoever gets there to accept it first wins the order. Great idea

Why not? If the buyer sent identical requests to 12 sellers, it means that the buyer deems all these 12 sellers WORTHY of working with the buyer on the order. So, I don’t see the folly in that. 🙂 If the buyer thinks all 12 sellers are equally capable, who are we to interfere with the buyer’s decision?

Meanwhile a new more devastating crop of bugs in the system appear where it all malfunctions and all 12 get to accept the order and all hell breaks loose

Well, that’s not on me; it’s up to Fiverr how they implement it. They can make it so that once a seller accept’s the buyer’s order, all other similar requests which have already been placed by the buyer (with the other sellers) get canceled. We are merely discussing the pros/cons of a particular system at this point and not necessarily the actual logistics of making said system a reality.

This buyer places 12 identical orders with 12 sellers at the same time and whoever gets there to accept it first wins the order. Great idea

Why not? If the buyer sent identical requests to 12 sellers, it means that the buyer deems all these 12 sellers WORTHY of working with the buyer on the order. So, I don’t see the folly in that. 🙂 If the buyer thinks all 12 sellers are equally capable, who are we to interfere with the buyer’s decision?

Meanwhile a new more devastating crop of bugs in the system appear where it all malfunctions and all 12 get to accept the order and all hell breaks loose

Well, that’s not on me; it’s up to Fiverr how they implement it. They can make it so that once a seller accept’s the buyer’s order, all other similar requests which have already been placed by the buyer (with the other sellers) get canceled. We are merely discussing the pros/cons of a particular system at this point and not necessarily the actual logistics of making said system a reality.

it means that the buyer deems all these 12 sellers WORTHY of working with the buyer on the order

No it means he wants his order to go through as fast as possible and doesn’t mind when all the bugs in the system kick in and they all accept it and he has to go insane trying to get 11 orders cancelled.

The scene is a nightmare for the sellers, the buyer and customer support.

And everyone gets demoted to level zero within two months, every seller on fiverr, due to all the cancellations.

Desperate sellers are staying awake 24 hours a day to make sure they accept orders first before all the others.

it means that the buyer deems all these 12 sellers WORTHY of working with the buyer on the order

No it means he wants his order to go through as fast as possible and doesn’t mind when all the bugs in the system kick in and they all accept it and he has to go insane trying to get 11 orders cancelled.

And everyone gets demoted to level zero within two months, every seller on fiverr, due to all the cancellations.

Desperate sellers are staying awake 24 hours a day to make sure they accept orders first before all the others.

It’s a nightmare even now. And if a new system has to be implemented on Fiverr, there’s obviously going to be a lot of (temporary) mayhem and confusion. This, however, shouldn’t be an impediment to the implementation of a better system that will benefit the platform/users of the platform in the long run.

A sensible buyer would not send accept/decline requests to 12 sellers. Let’s get that out of the way. And, in case I am dealing with such a buyer who sends 12 simultaneous requests, I am better off not working with them. 🙂

It’s a nightmare even now. And if a new system has to be implemented on Fiverr, there’s obviously going to be a lot of (temporary) mayhem and confusion. This, however, shouldn’t be an impediment to the implementation of a better system that will benefit the platform/users of the platform in the long run.

A sensible buyer would not send accept/decline requests to 12 sellers. Let’s get that out of the way. And, in case I am dealing with such a buyer who sends 12 simultaneous requests, I am better off not working with them. 🙂

What you are describing is not in any possible way workable. For all the reasons I mentioned and more.

What you are describing is not in any possible way workable. For all the reasons I mentioned and more.

What you are describing is not in any possible way workable.

Probably.

I am probably deluding myself. :rofl:

But we are just “theory-crafting” at this point. I don’t care even if they are not capable of implementing such a system (it’s probably beyond their capabilities right now). I am just trying to understand the benefit of having such a system as opposed to the current system that’s in place. It’s just theory-crafting. 🙂

A sensible buyer would not send accept/decline requests to 12 sellers.

Buyers are not sensible. They want it yesterday and don’t care how they make that happen.

Buyers are not sensible. They want it yesterday and don’t care how they make that happen.

Buyers are not sensible.

In that case, I’m better off not working with them. I have had very sensible and level-minded buyers so far on Fiverr, and I’m grateful for that. I am sorry if your experience has been otherwise.

What you are describing is not in any possible way workable. For all the reasons I mentioned and more

I don’t think you believe that 100%. You know very well that Fiverr is capable of making spur-of-the-moment decisions (like they did with the level system), and that seems to be worrying you. There’s no other reason why you’d say something like this ⬇️

Please fiverr never install a accept order button.

Yeah, a lot of people are operating under the “buyers are sensible” assumption and in my experience, freelance or otherwise, clients are 60% reasonable / 35% unreasonable but sort of manageable and relatively easy to course correct / 5% nightmare. 5% is not a number you can neglect or rely on when you get your business going.

Yeah, a lot of people are operating under the “buyers are sensible” assumption and in my experience, freelance or otherwise, clients are 60% reasonable / 35% unreasonable but sort of manageable and relatively easy to course correct / 5% nightmare. 5% is not a number you can neglect or rely on when you get your business going.

Yeah, a lot of people are operating under the “buyers are sensible” assumption and in my experience,

I agree with what you said. However, I don’t want to work with someone who is not sensible. I don’t care if it affects my level or my order cancellation %. If the buyer is not being sensible and is just being outright ridonculous, I am not having it anymore. I will obviously try to salvage the situation and try to reason with the buyer. But if that doesn’t pan out, I am outta there. And, yes, I have the freedom to choose to not work with them if I want to. Sure, it is going to affect me negatively, but that’s not going to stop me.

Yeah, a lot of people are operating under the “buyers are sensible” assumption and in my experience,

I agree with what you said. However, I don’t want to work with someone who is not sensible. I don’t care if it affects my level or my order cancellation %. If the buyer is not being sensible and is just being outright ridonculous, I am not having it anymore. I will obviously try to salvage the situation and try to reason with the buyer. But if that doesn’t pan out, I am outta there. And, yes, I have the freedom to choose to not work with them if I want to. Sure, it is going to affect me negatively, but that’s not going to stop me.

I don’t want to work with someone who is not sensible.

No one does. But unfortunately we do. At least I do. A lot.

I don’t want to work with someone who is not sensible.

No one does. But unfortunately we do. At least I do. A lot.

But unfortunately we do. At least I do. A lot.

Well, no one is forcing you to. It’s not my problem if you choose to work with them. 🙂

A gentle reminder: the thread is about the pros/cons of having an accept/decline button, and I think the discussion is going a little off-topic.

Well, no one is forcing you to. It’s not my problem if you choose to work with them. 🙂

A gentle reminder: the thread is about the pros/cons of having an accept/decline button, and I think the discussion is going a little off-topic.

Well yes it’s part of the nature of the beast that you do if you work online. At least half the time it’s Crazytown.

Well, no one is forcing you to. It’s not my problem if you choose to work with them.

Oh come on. 🙂 I decline projects I can do but am not interested in if I can and don’t mind cancellations after the delivery that much if it saves me a few nerve sells (while I don’t endorse the later). Unfortunately though, you can’t always see the signs no matter how strong of a professional hunch you’ve developed. Let’s not fault all the people for getting into creepy situations all the time.

The problem is indeed that fiverr doesn’t have a good system in place for getting out of undesirable situations unscathed.

Nothing I’ve said is off topic at all. That’s no way to try to win. You said you only want sensible buyers and I responded to that.

If buyers were sensible we wouldn’t even need to discuss having an “accept” button.

Well yes it’s part of the nature of the beast that you do if you work online. At least half the time it’s Crazytown.

That’s no way to try to win. You said you only want sensible buyers and I responded to that.

There’s no way for you to try to win. Buyers who are not sensible are wreaking havoc on the current system. So, I don’t see how it’s going to be any different if they were to add an accept/decline button.

Besides, like I mentioned, the buyer will only have to pay for the order after sellers accept the request. So, even if 12 sellers accept the request, the buyer can then choose how many sellers he is going to work with based on the sellers he chooses to pay the order money for. So, this system will work even if Fiverr is completely filled with unreasonable buyers.

There’s definitely a way to implement such a system (with an accept/decline button) that works flawlessly. If you don’t see a way to make such a system work, I’m sorry. :man_shrugging:

You can try all you want…

Archived