Sellers should get an "accept order" button

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And as well, we need an “Approve requirements submission” button - rather than the order starting when the buyer submits requirements - It should start once we approve what they have submitted.

I have had many orders cancelled, because of buyers not reading gig description/requirements thoroughly (or simply ignoring them) - submitting the wrong requirements, then disappearing until they think it’s due - causing me to have to cancel, and or be late. Both of which reflect badly on my analytics.

You can already check buyers reviews, simply click on their profile.

You can already check buyers reviews, simply click on their profile.

if they place an order then it’s too late and my only option is to cancel and suffer rating. Rarely buyers message before purchasing, I have many who simply place an order, people I’ve never “seen”.

Exactly. I did that once and I lost my level one badge because I get few orders and the completion percentage dropped.

It’s really unfair…

In that case, I would open a ticket with Fiverr support. It seems if you explain and have them cancel it on their end, this can weigh less heavily in your rating.

Yes, that feature would be cool and it will save the sellers from a lot of troubles they experience while going through the order requirements as sometimes they are incomplete, not correctly paid for what is requested by the buyer, or sometimes its a different service (ordered by mistake).

Fiverr should really work on this feature, A seller should be given an option to either accept/reject the order within 24 hours so as after going through the order requirements, a seller should make a final decision on that. After accepting an order, the timeline should start from that period only when a seller officially accept the order by clicking on that “button”. If the seller declines the order then it should not count in the cancelled stats because the seller has not accepted the order. An order number should be generated only after a seller officially accept the order.

This will benefit all sellers in the long run!!

• 2 months later...

Never gonna happen unfortunately. It’s been asked for year after year by sellers left and right. It’s one of those obvious features that would have been implemented already if they had any plans to do so. I don’t know if they’ve ever made any official statements as to why they won’t implement it but it doesn’t seem to fit their business model.

They want to be seen as a place where someone can just click a button and get what they want. No muss, no fuss. So they don’t give you the power to reject orders and asking buyers to contact you before ordering is generally discouraged.

It probably became even less likely once really popular YouTubers made a “thing” out of buying gigs on Fiverr a year or so back and boosted the visibility of the platform. They all expected and showed the same experience: just going through and ordering things as if adding items to a shopping cart.

That’s what Fiverr wants to be even though it’s a model that conflicts with the core structure of freelance work. So you have to change how you freelance and do things that aren’t standard to fit their model because they certainly won’t change how they do things to fit ours.

It’s why the quick, “silly” things are a much better fit for Fiverr’s design, like sellers who offer singing happy birthday in a funny costume. It’s not like regular freelance work where you sit down and go over a brief with a client and timelines and drafts and the like. It’s just quick one-shot deals.

Anything more complex, you have to twist what you offer and how to make it work and there will still be problems because a lot of the kind of work done on here just wasn’t meant to be done this way with custom services being treated more like products on a shelf.

Never gonna happen unfortunately. It’s been asked for year after year by sellers left and right. It’s one of those obvious features that would have been implemented already if they had any plans to do so. I don’t know if they’ve ever made any official statements as to why they won’t implement it but it doesn’t seem to fit their business model.

They want to be seen as a place where someone can just click a button and get what they want. No muss, no fuss. So they don’t give you the power to reject orders and asking buyers to contact you before ordering is generally discouraged.

It probably became even less likely once really popular YouTubers made a “thing” out of buying gigs on Fiverr a year or so back and boosted the visibility of the platform. They all expected and showed the same experience: just going through and ordering things as if adding items to a shopping cart.

That’s what Fiverr wants to be even though it’s a model that conflicts with the core structure of freelance work. So you have to change how you freelance and do things that aren’t standard to fit their model because they certainly won’t change how they do things to fit ours.

It’s why the quick, “silly” things are a much better fit for Fiverr’s design, like sellers who offer singing happy birthday in a funny costume. It’s not like regular freelance work where you sit down and go over a brief with a client and timelines and drafts and the like. It’s just quick one-shot deals.

Anything more complex, you have to twist what you offer and how to make it work and there will still be problems because a lot of the kind of work done on here just wasn’t meant to be done this way with custom services being treated more like products on a shelf.

the only way i see here, is creating packages which are expensive enough to be able to manage the requests in case of effort and time consumption it would take.

• 1 month later...

jeffsantos793,

Ah, if life were so simple. We should have ‘accept or reject’ buttons for everything we do. And people we have to meet!

Granted, the ‘reject’ button is the one we would use extensively, for there is much in the world that is more disagreeable than agreeable. And people top the list. I have no quibbles about animals, trees, rocks, and all else. I like these a lot more. 🙂

Accept that in this world, as Voltaire wrote, most people are not worth having anything to do with. The rest is the exception, not the rule. Never expect too much from other people. Little or nothing from them, is the rule. 😉

‘Nil admirari’, as the Latin saying goes 😉

P.S. as for your ‘wish’, it will never happen. Think about it, Fiverr is a marketplace. Buyers will never be ‘selected’ on the basis you want.

Why? Well, pretty simple, my friend…SELLERS are EASIER to find. BUYERS are HARDER to find. Said another way: it is more common to find someone who sells something, than to find someone who actually buys it.

Therefore, it follows that sellers have MUCH less choice than BUYERS do. Buyers can choose a LOT more.

‘Money is very hard to earn, but very easy to spend’ (Old Japanese proverb).

😉

I agree at least there should be a better cancellation system. I have few incomplete orders which I don’t want to cancel because it affect my account but those were purchased months ago but I never heard from them

You can cancel incomplete order after 7 days it will not effect your ratting.

Incorrect, they can make a new account in less than a minute and place a order.

creating a new account is a totally different matter

but you can block a user on fiverr and prevent them from placing the order

and if they create a new account and use same card to pay or same paypal account for payments

they are automatically going to be deleted from fiverr for having multiple accounts

but yes there is always a catch

no one can do anything about it

scams happen

I agree. Seller should have an accept or decline button. I recently lost ranking after cancelling an order. Someone ordered a gig but didn’t cost it right no way was I going to do it for the small order amount. I reported it and job cancelled by mutual. My regular orders stopped over night.

I canceled many orders because those orders were very ridiculous,for example somebody asked me to build complex website with 100$.

After that my ranking in search was down

I canceled many orders because those orders were very ridiculous,for example somebody asked me to build complex website with 100$.

After that my ranking in search was down

I canceled many orders because those orders were very ridiculous… After that my ranking in search was down

Of course. That’s how Fiverr works. If you keep cancelling orders, your orders completed percentage drops. This is a performance metric, and, since the search results are based upon performance, when your performance goes negative, you lose “ranking” in the search results.

If people keep placing orders for services you don’t offer, or with expectations for more work than your pricing structure, then the odds are strong that your problem is a poorly defined gig that might be confusing your buyers. If you want to cut down on cancellations, and improve your gig performance, you may need to tighten up the wording and explanations within your packages and gig descriptions.

Don’t blame your buyers for being “ridiculous”, when the repeated problem may actually be your own gigs, and how you’ve written them.

Archived