Cancellations after delivering work i reject the request and customer support cancelled what the **** is this?

no, i only offered to do that in revision. my order was in revision as buyer was not completing it. and customer support cancelled order in revision

i only offered to do that in revision

Rebuilding the site on WordPress is not a revision. You can’t do anything about it now, but in the future don’t accept work that was not outlined in the proposal

create a dispute by making a little reason and then request the customer support to cancel the order

I get you’re frustrated, but you’re exaggerating 🙂 .

You could have handled this entire situation very differently and I hope next time you will.

*Update:

Leave it your luck!! If you have tried your level best and offered your utmost help to the buyer then don’t feel bad about it. You have done whatever was there in your reach. I leave these cases to the “Luck”.

honestly speaking i contacted the customer support 2 days before cancellation. They said you should resolve the issue with buyer and try to negotiate with buyer so that you can resolve the issue with mutual benefit

i am just highlighting the issue . it can be used as an abuse by buyers. and really buyer can get work in free from fiverr. Just buy a gig . When seller deliver the order create a dispute by making a little reason and then request the customer support to cancel the order.it’s very simple i am not kidding. Customer support cancelling orders with little reasons those can be easily made on any order.

I feel your pain and I agree with you. Whoever worked on Fiverr will face with the same issue at least once during their Fiverr endeavor and then they too will understand.

Forget about it and move on. It is painful, I know, but there is nothing that can be done.

My advice would be to be as much as detailed as possible with your buyers and clearly indicate what they will receive from your service.

i am just highlighting the issue . it can be used as an abuse by buyers. and really buyer can get work in free from fiverr. Just buy a gig . When seller deliver the order create a dispute by making a little reason and then request the customer support to cancel the order.it’s very simple i am not kidding. Customer support cancelling orders with little reasons those can be easily made on any order.

When seller deliver the order create a dispute by making a little reason and then request the customer support to cancel the order.it’s very simple i am not kidding.

I’m afraid you won’t find much sympathy here. A lot of people have experienced the same situation. The topic is just too taboo for discussion. The best thing you can do is:

1. Stop offering high-value gigs. If someone wants a $500 website, make them pay in 5 x $100 installments
  2. Add a disclaimer to your gigs (in the FAQ section) or in your deliver messages saying something like:

"Please note: All work/content delivered by me belongs to you upon final payment as per Fiverr’s terms of service. Should payment later be reversed (for any reason), all rights revert exclusively to me. DCMA takedown requests will subsequently be filled with site hosts and requests filed with Google to have sites de-listed from searches. (I have a 100% success rate at protecting my copyright.)

1. Watch out for the same buyer reordering from you using a different user name!

The last point is very important. From my own experience, the majority of buyers on Fiverr who attempt to pull off this kind of scam have several user accounts. Never, therefore, accept new orders from buyers whom your gut tells you are likely the same person. (Always get suspicious when local times displayed in messages don’t match a users physical location.)

When seller deliver the order create a dispute by making a little reason and then request the customer support to cancel the order.it’s very simple i am not kidding.

I’m afraid you won’t find much sympathy here. A lot of people have experienced the same situation. The topic is just too taboo for discussion. The best thing you can do is:

1. Stop offering high-value gigs. If someone wants a $500 website, make them pay in 5 x $100 installments
  2. Add a disclaimer to your gigs (in the FAQ section) or in your deliver messages saying something like:

"Please note: All work/content delivered by me belongs to you upon final payment as per Fiverr’s terms of service. Should payment later be reversed (for any reason), all rights revert exclusively to me. DCMA takedown requests will subsequently be filled with site hosts and requests filed with Google to have sites de-listed from searches. (I have a 100% success rate at protecting my copyright.)

1. Watch out for the same buyer reordering from you using a different user name!

The last point is very important. From my own experience, the majority of buyers on Fiverr who attempt to pull off this kind of scam have several user accounts. Never, therefore, accept new orders from buyers whom your gut tells you are likely the same person. (Always get suspicious when local times displayed in messages don’t match a users physical location.)

Stop offering high-value gigs. If someone wants a $500 website, make them pay in 5 x $100 installments

It might work for some users, but I’ve never had an issue like this on or off Fiverr. Some might call it luck, but I believe it’s the hard work and hours I put into my proposals, vetting process and communication.

As I said before, we’re hearing only one side of the story. Fiverr doesn’t refund $500 order without a valid reason. If we knew the entire story we might see it differently.

Add a disclaimer to your gigs (in the FAQ section) or in your deliver messages saying something like

I like the disclaimer, but I wouldn’t use it until you’ve tried everything else. Right now it feels like welcoming your clients with a baseball bat. 🙂

Stop offering high-value gigs. If someone wants a $500 website, make them pay in 5 x $100 installments

It might work for some users, but I’ve never had an issue like this on or off Fiverr. Some might call it luck, but I believe it’s the hard work and hours I put into my proposals, vetting process and communication.

As I said before, we’re hearing only one side of the story. Fiverr doesn’t refund $500 order without a valid reason. If we knew the entire story we might see it differently.

Add a disclaimer to your gigs (in the FAQ section) or in your deliver messages saying something like

I like the disclaimer, but I wouldn’t use it until you’ve tried everything else. Right now it feels like welcoming your clients with a baseball bat. 🙂

It might work for some users, but I’ve never had an issue like this on or off Fiverr.

Yeah, well sadly, this does happen. I had a buyer send me 17 messages. I told him repeatedly I could not work with him. I blocked him. He ordered anyway. I delivered. He immediately requested cancellation. I refused. CS cancelled the order for him.

The “it hasn’t happened to me yet” argument actually comes across as very condescending when you have had this happen to you.

Both account exists on fiverr

What you mean of both account exists on fiverr? Are you using 2 accounts?

Both account exists on fiverr

What you mean of both account exists on fiverr? Are you using 2 accounts?

No, He means two orders cancelled and both the buyers accounts are active.

I wanted some help is it fine if I message you?

No, I would prefer that you don’t and I appreciate that you asked first. There isn’t time to message with everyone who needs help. I suggest that you post about your questions in a new thread.

It has happened to me too.
In my case, After delivering the work the buyer asked for a major change in the map drawing. I said OK I can do this. Next message, he was asking that how much will you charge for this? I said, please you consider my time and extra work and pay me after a fair justification. In the next message he was asking like (this is enough, please cancel the order.) I became surprised and canceled the order instantly, because I was afraid of cancellation by the buyer. I don’t like to lose my rating. The buyer cheated with me. It hurts me a lot.

Of course Bilal and not only that, but your competitor can buy your gig, make you waste your time to do all the work, leave you a negative review and then cancel the order even after completing it. Your completed order will be cancelled, your money will be gone and you will have a negative review.

I have read a post about this yesterday, where the seller knew exactly that his competitor bought the gig, because he used the same profile to buy it from and even this didn’t stop CS from siding with the buyer as I recall. But if your competitor uses a different account, then you will never prove anything.

As a seller, you are a just one order away from losing money, wasting your time, having an unjust bad review on your profile, losing your future earning. Be cautious of every buyer and know your rights.

but your competitor can buy your gig, make you waste your time to do all the work, leave you a negative review and then cancel the order even after completing it.

That. Sounds. Terrible.

No, I would prefer that you don’t and I appreciate that you asked first. There isn’t time to message with everyone who needs help. I suggest that you post about your questions in a new thread.

Sure, no problem I understand I will make a new thread about it.

In my case, After delivering the work the buyer asked for a major change in the map drawing. I said OK I can do this. Next message, he was asking that how much will you charge for this? I said, please you consider my time and extra work and pay me after a fair justification. In the next message he was asking like (this is enough, please cancel the order.) I became surprised and canceled the order instantly, because I was afraid of cancellation by the buyer. I don’t like to lose my rating. The buyer cheated with me. It hurts me a lot.

After delivering the work the buyer asked for a major change in the map drawing.

Sorry for your bad experience. I haven’t personally gone through this experience since I’ve only been active for a month, but I wouldn’t do any major changes for free. It’s unethical of the buyer to ask for free major changes, and in my opinion it’s not a good idea to make major changes without agreeing on the “fair compensation” before starting the work.

On the other hand, if you have underdelivered then it makes sense to request an extension free of charge so you can deliver the work that you originally agreed to deliver. I did this and I got a generous tip at the end.

I wish you the best of luck and that you don’t experience that again in the future.

I became surprised and canceled the order instantly, because I was afraid of cancellation by the buyer. I don’t like to lose my rating.

I get what you mean, I think you did the right thing there.

How can one know if it’s the same buyer?

How can one know if it’s the same buyer?

Usually, they will be new to Fiverr, call you by name, and use similar expressions and/or writing style.

It’s mainly instinct but the being new to Fiverr is always my first red flag. Also, look for buyers who attempt to cancel or not pay in the same way. I had one who kept ordering videos and saying: “The music is wrong.” Or “The video is broken.”

As soon as I made him aware that I knew what was going on, there suddenly weren’t any problems anymore.

Usually, they will be new to Fiverr, call you by name, and use similar expressions and/or writing style.

It’s mainly instinct but the being new to Fiverr is always my first red flag. Also, look for buyers who attempt to cancel or not pay in the same way. I had one who kept ordering videos and saying: “The music is wrong.” Or “The video is broken.”

As soon as I made him aware that I knew what was going on, there suddenly weren’t any problems anymore.

I feel like this is happening to me…client didn’t pay for services he is requesting for $5…no response to paying for it only responded to asking for more to be added to his order (of course without paying). Contacted CS and requested if they could cancel it for me in hopes it might spare me the impact to my rating, but they advised ME to initiate the cancellation which we all know how that will go if I go that route…no winning in this scenario. BTW, no ratings for the buyer…new since Jan. The issue is we have no control over which buyers place orders to even avoid them even with our great instincts to avoid them. :-/

It’s a very shamefull and can lead to abuse? So now i can also do something like that it’s possible on fiverr. Now i can buy a gig from the fiverr after the buyer deliver me the work i will get the work and request the Customer support to cancel the order by making any reason and they will cancel the order without listening the buyer. I have suffered from this multiple times . One order was 500$ .Shameless buyers and useless customer support of fiverr for sellers.

Shameless buyers and useless customer support of fiverr for sellers.

I think you meant to say shameful buyers?

Just saying:sunglasses:

Now i can buy a gig from the fiverr after the buyer deliver me the work i will get the work and request the Customer support to cancel the order by making any reason and they will cancel the order without listening the buyer.

No, you can’t. First of all, you need to straighten out seller vs. buyer to make your point more clear, but if a buyer complain to Support, they generally need a legitimate reason to ask for a cancellation. Fiverr Support routinely tells buyers to go back to the seller and work things out even after a complaint. If Support canceled an order for a buyer, it’s due to one of three things:

1.) If the buyer had a legitimate complaint and provided proof to Support that they did not receive what you promised, Support has a right to cancel the order. This is especially true if the buyer asked you to fix a problem and you refused or if the buyer asked you to cancel after a poor delivery and you refused. You can typically tell if this is the issue if a buyer recently asked you for a revision or cancellation that went badly.

2.) If a buyer used a stolen credit card or fraudulent payment method, or if they just planned to steal the work, the buyer may have submitted a chargeback request on their credit card or PayPal. In this case the buyer did not contact Support directly, they contacted PayPal/Card and reported a fraud. PayPal then notifies Fiverr that the money is being returned to the buyer. Fiverr loses the money including their own commission and the order is marked as canceled. When a buyer does this, they are breaking the rules on Fiverr and their account is blocked. You can tell if this applies to your situation by looking at the buyer’s account. If the account is no longer active, this is what happened.

Some buyers do shameful things. Customer Support usually does try to make a buyer work things out for everyone if possible because they don’t want to lose their commission either. To call Support useless is not fair and is rude (and it also violates the forum rules.) Sometimes Support agents do make mistakes since they are human, and that’s unfortunately, but it does not make all of the Support agents useless.

If Support canceled an order for a buyer, it’s due to one of three things:

You only listed two, lol. Otherwise, 100% agreed!

If Support canceled an order for a buyer, it’s due to one of three things:

You only listed two, lol. Otherwise, 100% agreed!

The third one is a secret. 😃

Actually, I think I started out with three in mind but I forgot one. I guess it wasn’t a very likely one or I’d remember it by now. Good catch!

Archived