Sharing my awful experience as a buyer

chrisnbook

Could you please explain to me what Createspace exactly is and means?

It’s the printed book section of Amazon. If you’re intending on publishing books as a printed book, you should upload a proper PDF book and the pdf cover to CreateSpace.com. Login username and password are the same ones you use with Amazon.com. After you upload the files it will be automatically listed under your account in Amazon. If you want to publish an ebook as well upload a proper kindle file and the eBook cover to kdp.amazon.com. Don’t upload a PDF here.

Some people do the mistake of using the same file for the other format. It ends up pretty bad.

Guest dan60559

Aw yeah, I got yelled at by the buyer for “misrepresenting the site” and “thinking I was too good” for not having $5 gigs and not offering unlimited revisions, free or otherwise. Now I see where the “misrepresentation” part came from.

Oh my, that is frustrating. The buyer obviously didn’t take a stroll around the profiles of freelancers offering similar services. Hard for them to judge you for “misrepresenting” something they don’t even know about.

It’s the printed book section of Amazon. If you’re intending on publishing books as a printed book, you should upload a proper PDF book and the pdf cover to CreateSpace.com. Login username and password are the same ones you use with Amazon.com. After you upload the files it will be automatically listed under your account in Amazon. If you want to publish an ebook as well upload a proper kindle file and the eBook cover to kdp.amazon.com. Don’t upload a PDF here.

Some people do the mistake of using the same file for the other format. It ends up pretty bad.

Ok, thanks for the answer!

I’ll follow Cyaxrex’s advice and create the cover myself. I’ve just found some online courses on how to create the cover with Canvas and Gimp for free. It will cost me less money and time than what I’ve lost here. Thanks everyone for the answers and tips, very much appreciated.

Archived