What to do which such an unfair negative review?

mathman1

For someone worried about copycats stealing your design, I think posting the logo on the Fiverr Forum is pretty much the worst thing you could do!
Anyway, you are thinking way too much about the copyright issue! You do the work, you get paid, title passes to buyer along with any issues that come up with it. Its not your problem if someone copies it.

For someone worried about copycats stealing your design, I think posting the logo on the Fiverr Forum is pretty much the worst thing you could do!

Anyway, you are thinking way too much about the copyright issue! You do the work, you get paid, title passes to buyer along with any issues that come up with it. Its not your problem if someone copies it.

Deleted it 🙂

Thank you mathman for showing it to me, much appreciated.

Ouch, thats a bit harsh - now I understand why you dont discuss your services on the forum 🙂 It creates open season for anyone to throw in opinions which are not really fair considering we dont know what the brief was.

I’ve had a similar situation recently due a technical error on the website, The an order wasn’t showing up anywhere in my dashboard or manages sales page, and the buyer had sent me some abusive messages since i wasn’t reposive. The order just poped out of no where after it was already delayed for 5 days. I complained about this issue to the customer care along with all the with screenshots to show the problem and the response i got from teh fiverr support team was that they will look on to it and get back to me, And the next there there was another order with the same issue, i reported that too, but never really got a solution from them or heard back from them. I even asked the fiverr support team to talk to those buyer and inform them about the fault on their order pages since it might lead to a negative review. But they didn’t even care about what i said, And they just been telling me they are still looking on to it.

So i had a hard time explaining this to the buyers and was able to get their work done and make them satisfied. I worked on this one order which the buyer was abusive from the start and was able to make the designs he wanted, and send them as updates instead of the delivery until it was finalized. he asked for a revisions which i made very quickly and he liked them. Then i asked him if he wanted any further revisions. He said "he liked my work and doesnt need any other revisions. So once the designs was finalized i delivered him all the files.

I didn’t hear back from him after that, They yesterday he appeared out of no where, and rated me a one star review and the comment was “charged me then erased the files. scammer!”

There is not even an option to delete anything on an order page!! I tried contacting him but he rarely come online. and i tried contacting the cs and they they they cannot do anything about this. This was all their fault, and they never resolved the technical error on the order page. The files might be missing on his end of the order page. But all the files clearly shows up on my end and im able to download them.

The fiver support team really suck. And they never care about what the seller. They always take the buyers side.

We all get bad reviews sometimes. All you can do is leave a careful, professional sounding response. Then put it behind you. It will not affect your orders or sales.

I apologize for being harsh earlier.

The main issue i have with that is the following scenario. I sell to someone the package of $95. The logo goes to live portfolio , someone likes it goes to a $5 designer ask him to copy the design and uses the logo.

The 1st person comes across the copied design and asks me to explain what happened …

The logo goes to live portfolio , someone likes it goes to a $5 designer ask him to copy the design

One of the several reasons why I advise folks to never use “Live portfolio.”

The logo goes to live portfolio , someone likes it goes to a $5 designer ask him to copy the design

One of the several reasons why I advise folks to never use “Live portfolio.”

I can understand not wanting someone to copy your work in live portfolio. But it also would head off any buyers who didn’t like your work and would therefore leave a bad review. If they could see ahead of time the kind of work you do and didn’t like it they would not buy it.

So… one TRS says live portfolio is the solution, another TRS advises to never use it. That helps. 😉

I don´t use it, not out of fear of copycats though, but of fear of buyers somehow managing to click the box and have the delivery displayed accidentally, and then yelling at me for not keeping it confidential - there are already enough accidents to deal with, as it is, like accidental orders and revision requests, don´t need more accidents. 🙂

I have to agree with mathman here insofar that IMO ‘Nononono’ is not a review nor an opinion nor an experience.

I can understand not wanting someone to copy your work in live portfolio. But it also would head off any buyers who didn’t like your work and would therefore leave a bad review. If they could see ahead of time the kind of work you do and didn’t like it they would not buy it.

I guess that’s what the demo is for. At least for me, I have a demo that showcases the various styles that I can do. But I know I would not order from a seller that takes my work and exposes it to copycats, competitors, etc. Some clients are so sensitive about it that they want an NDA before they even let you see the script.

So… one TRS says live portfolio is the solution, another TRS advises to never use it. That helps. 😉

I don´t use it, not out of fear of copycats though, but of fear of buyers somehow managing to click the box and have the delivery displayed accidentally, and then yelling at me for not keeping it confidential - there are already enough accidents to deal with, as it is, like accidental orders and revision requests, don´t need more accidents. 🙂

I have to agree with mathman here insofar that IMO ‘Nononono’ is not a review nor an opinion nor an experience.

I was more speaking as a buyer than as a seller. Not having a live portfolio for a graphic (or anything visual really) gig will make me skip them as an option. Anyone can upload a copied image as their gig image.

The reality is that the likelihood of someone copying an image from a live portfolio is far less than having someone copying my image when I actually use it!

I was more speaking as a buyer than as a seller. Not having a live portfolio for a graphic (or anything visual really) gig will make me skip them as an option. Anyone can upload a copied image as their gig image.

The reality is that the likelihood of someone copying an image from a live portfolio is far less than having someone copying my image when I actually use it!

Yes, got that. The copy-catting can´t be a reason for not doing something here anyway, else there would be no gigs at all, not original ones and not copied ones.

For the live portfolio, it’s not important for voiceovers, but mostly for logos, I would like to see if the quality of previous orders is what I’m looking for. There are lots of logo designers who shouldn’t be doing it.

I know I would never order a logo without seeing the actual jobs done. I’ve seen amazing previous logo designs for clients and it’s definitely a selling point for someone who is good at it.

Archived