Fiverr seller using cancel as a way to remove an order they didn't do a good job on and prevent me from rating them

bubazoo

When the order is very late, Fiverr messages the buyer and lets them know that they can cancel the order.

Yours was, apparently, not that late. The seller realized that they couldn’t do the job, and they gave you your money back. When they cancelled the order, it’s very likely that their gig dropped severely in the search; if they didn’t have many orders lately, they could have lost their level because of that one cancellation, too.

The seller gave you your funds back and harmed their own business while doing so. Was it not enough? What other punishment do you want for them?

just don’t really understand how the system works. But it isn’t really about punishing the seller. It’s about giving the buyer a fair representation of the seller’s faithfulness. If I knew in advance that a vendor who has a 5.0 rating with 1000 people cancelled 20% of their gigs, I never would have ‘hired’ them in the first place. So the rating they have isn’t fully accurate. Me asking for this isn’t to ‘punish’ them. It’s to help me see an accurate view of this vendors goods, bads, and uglies.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sophiesvoice

Yeah, I’m just not feeding into any more of the negativity that went into my posted comment here. I know I did nothing wrong. And I have no idea what transpired on the other end. Although, I never thought of something someone else said–perhaps some tragedy happened and he or she had to cancel the order. But whatever the case, it’s no big deal. At lease I did get my money back. I’m done and have moved on. For those of you who were more understanding of my case, thank you for being polite and not judging me. It seems this forum has more bitterness and accusations than it does support. Thanks a bunch for those of you willing to empathize :).

For those of you who were more understanding of my case, thank you for being polite and not judging me. It seems this forum has more bitterness and accusations than it does support. Thanks a bunch for those of you willing to empathize :).

I’m sure more people would be willing to empathize with you if you had shown a willingness to empathize with your seller, instead of judging so harshly.

He no doubt would like the same politeness and understanding extended to him that you desire.

It’s not ‘having my cake and eating it too’. This is my time that got spit on. It’s not just my money. They’re having a conversation with me throughout the day about this gig, wasting my time (and no, I’m not getting paid every time they message me) and at the end of it all I get nothing. THey get to cancel and I get no way to offer feedback. There is no cake involved.

if the work doest work out with you didnt mean that it didnt work with all the other buyers

there can be buyers who loved that sellers work

even if you got your money back still the seller took a hit of cancellation

why selllers should take a hit even if you have your money back

they are already taking hit of mistakenly placed order and other things

• 3 years later...

Archived