Fiverr seller using cancel as a way to remove an order they didn't do a good job on and prevent me from rating them

bubazoo

misscrystal, I’m done talking with you. This is NOT what happens when you hire someone for a professional job. Not even in construction. If they say they will do a job, they do it. Sometimes they go over the time they said they would be finished, but they still complete the job. They don’t just build half a building then declare, ‘hey, sorry folks. we just can’t complete the job. see ya!’ and leave.

I can tell you are not used to trying to find people to do jobs for you or this would be seen as part of the process that happens sometimes. Since your time is so important to you why come here and spend more time over this useless bit of time wasting conversation?

They don’t just build half a building then declare, ‘hey, sorry folks. we just can’t complete the job. see ya!’ and leave.

Believe me lots of contractors do this all the time so you have to be ready to deal with it in the least time wasting way possible if YOU are a professional.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

misscrystal, I’m done talking with you. This is NOT what happens when you hire someone for a professional job. Not even in construction. If they say they will do a job, they do it. Sometimes they go over the time they said they would be finished, but they still complete the job. They don’t just build half a building then declare, ‘hey, sorry folks. we just can’t complete the job. see ya!’ and leave.

this isn’t about revenge. It’s about holding someone accountable for their actions. What about the next customer who sees this person’s 5 stars and 1000 gigs done and they think the same, ‘well, they’ve got an awesome rating–they must be great! Everyone has liked the job they do.’ When in reality, there are many hidden gigs they possibly cancelled that this customer doesn’t know about. I’m trying to ask them to make a change so that other customers aren’t likewise deceived into this same situation and being frustrated like me. Their current rating system stinks.

I can tell you are not used to trying to find people to do jobs for you or this would be seen as part of the process that happens sometimes. Since your time is so important to you why come here and spend more time over this useless bit of time wasting conversation?

They don’t just build half a building then declare, ‘hey, sorry folks. we just can’t complete the job. see ya!’ and leave.

Believe me lots of contractors do this all the time so you have to be ready to deal with it in the least time wasting way possible if YOU are a professional.

I’m finished talking with you. good day.

this isn’t about revenge. It’s about holding someone accountable for their actions. What about the next customer who sees this person’s 5 stars and 1000 gigs done and they think the same, ‘well, they’ve got an awesome rating–they must be great! Everyone has liked the job they do.’ When in reality, there are many hidden gigs they possibly cancelled that this customer doesn’t know about. I’m trying to ask them to make a change so that other customers aren’t likewise deceived into this same situation and being frustrated like me. Their current rating system stinks.

This is about you and how you deal with things that go wrong. You mentioned how he wasted your time yet you yourself are spending more time, when this really is not constructive to your project or your own life.

Your answer comes from your lack of prior knowledge from what happened in our conversation. Basically, this is how the conversation went. I start the order, giving them plenty of specific instructions. Their response–something like this, ‘yeah, ok great I’ll have it for you in a day’. 2 hours later, 'oh, and what about this? Can you be more specific on this…?" Well, I was specific the first time, but I guess they needed further explanation, so I did the best I could to tell them more. Their response–something like this, 'okay, great. I’ll get this done no problem" 2 hours later… This same kind of bologne transpired up until the finish time, whereas the time expired and their response, ‘oh, the time is over, but I can surely finish this in a few more hours if that is okay or you can cancel if you want?’ My response, ‘no worries, I need this done for a video I’m making. Try to finish asap’ Finally, about 3 hours past the deadline they request a cancellation themselves and say they cannot do it. The problem with this whole thing is–what am I to do? Force them to finish and have a good chance at them botching my order and doing a poor job…or getting my money back and not being able to rate them? It’s a catch 22. For people who have placed orders that went the distance, even if they were cancelled BY THE SELLER, they should be able to rate the vendor. I spent a day of my life, having to drop my work to spend time answering his questions (often times questions I had already answered) only to end up with nothing. A refund isn’t enough. They need a hit to their rating. And I see no rating system outside of the jobs completed when looking up various vendors. This should be included. It should not be a separate feature. Most people that are looking up jobs just look at what the rating is and think that stands for everything they’ve ever done. And that included myself until you said something. So in actuality, their rating design is flawed and/or deceiving. I don’t like it myself and, having been wronged, feel they need to change it.

Yes, I understand what transpired between you and the seller better now. While I must say the seller was very unprofessional in their approach, making you feel they were getting things done when actually they were not. But what is done is done. You need to move on, every experience has its lessons. Think about it, you might now start looking up the order completion rate before picking a seller.

This is about you and how you deal with things that go wrong. You mentioned how he wasted your time yet you yourself are spending more time, when this really is not constructive to your project or your own life.

I came to the forums to present a very real issue they have with their rating system. Not be be shunned for my experience. Go troll someone else.

I came to the forums to present a very real issue they have with their rating system. Not be be shunned for my experience. Go troll someone else.

You have a pattern of responding to others in a very negative way. This won’t prove to be helpful in the long run. No one is shunning you and name calling is not allowed on the forum.

I understand your concerns here because it was very unprofessional on their part. However, rating a seller for a canceled order is not the way to go. This, I am sure, is one of the reasons Fiverr has implemented their level system evaluations. The reason I say that is the abuse that can be opened up here. How so?

A few years back, I had an order in my queue for two weeks - I had EVERY INTENTION of completing the order. But then, we lost my mother-in-law to cancer. Provided I was not in the right frame of mind, I asked for a cancellation of the order. Again, it was two weeks in the queue. If the buyer had been either vindicative or didn’t understand the reasoning for the cancellation with this option, he could have stated that I wasted his time (I felt like it, but he understood) and hurt my chances of getting another job.

Sometimes - though rare - I don’t always get the chance to review a new order until near deadline. That happens when I get really busy. While I don’t cancel many orders, I have had to initiate cancellations because I didn’t understand a buyer’s request, failed to provide me with the right information or whatever.

Yes, it is a Catch-22, but you have to consider what’s more important - rating a seller or your money back. A system like the one you and a few others have proposed will only do more harm to good sellers - such as the evaluation system is doing.

Good luck.

Guest sophiesvoice

It sure would be fascinating and perhaps enlightening to hear the seller’s side of this transaction.

Those on the crew at Fiverr, can you please give customers who have placed an order, which the seller has requested to cancel the ability to also rate this seller? My most recent seller I believe uses this feature to get out of a job they were not able to do in the time specified. As a result, while I did get my money back–they were not held accountable at all for their poor service. I spent over a day in conversation with them wasting my valuable time, while not only were they unable to do their job…but they had no consequences for their lack of ability to do what was requested. WHY CAN’T I RATE THIS VENDOR? WHERE IS YOUR ‘TIMES THIS VENDOR HAS CANCELLED AN ORDER’ statistics section? Or some system that allows me to rate them? This vendor has 5 stars and they don’t deserve them. I am extremely dissatisfied with the way your company has cancellation set up. It favors vendors and spits on customers. Won’t be suggesting this company to anyone until you can fix this feature.

My most recent seller I believe uses this feature to get out of a job they were not able to do in the time specified.

You think sellers like losing money? If a buyer is too demanding, never happy, it’s easier to refund than to keep revising. If the issue is time management, then your seller will have a lower order completion rate, he might even get demoted. See? You’re not a victim here.

This vendor has 5 stars and they don’t deserve them.

Do you know every one of his buyers? I don’t think so. Maybe you had a bad experience, others didn’t.

WHERE IS YOUR ‘TIMES THIS VENDOR HAS CANCELLED AN ORDER’ statistics section?

Irrelevant, what about all the times buyers order by mistake? Why should we be penalized for that?

It favors vendors and spits on customers.

Almost everything on Fiverr favors customers. We sellers are working very hard to avoid getting demoted, give us a break.

Won’t be suggesting this company to anyone until you can fix this feature.

Oh really? Tell you what, go hire some freelancer somewhere else, I hope it’s someone that charges $500 and won’t give you your money back or revisions when you don’t like the work.

On Fiverr you’re protected. Outside of Fiverr? Who knows?

My most recent seller I believe uses this feature to get out of a job they were not able to do in the time specified.

You think sellers like losing money? If a buyer is too demanding, never happy, it’s easier to refund than to keep revising. If the issue is time management, then your seller will have a lower order completion rate, he might even get demoted. See? You’re not a victim here.

This vendor has 5 stars and they don’t deserve them.

Do you know every one of his buyers? I don’t think so. Maybe you had a bad experience, others didn’t.

WHERE IS YOUR ‘TIMES THIS VENDOR HAS CANCELLED AN ORDER’ statistics section?

Irrelevant, what about all the times buyers order by mistake? Why should we be penalized for that?

It favors vendors and spits on customers.

Almost everything on Fiverr favors customers. We sellers are working very hard to avoid getting demoted, give us a break.

Won’t be suggesting this company to anyone until you can fix this feature.

Oh really? Tell you what, go hire some freelancer somewhere else, I hope it’s someone that charges $500 and won’t give you your money back or revisions when you don’t like the work.

On Fiverr you’re protected. Outside of Fiverr? Who knows?

This buyer may have been rude and demanding. I don’t know that definitely and I do see they left a good review for another seller so I could be wrong. Hiring unknown sellers is always a risk when you aren’t sure how they will perform.

I am sorry you had a bad experience. From a buyers perspective I totally understand your frustration.

If you haven’t done it already you can always contact customer support to tell them about your experience.

https://fiverr.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Yeah, I’m just not feeding into any more of the negativity that went into my posted comment here. I know I did nothing wrong. And I have no idea what transpired on the other end. Although, I never thought of something someone else said–perhaps some tragedy happened and he or she had to cancel the order. But whatever the case, it’s no big deal. At lease I did get my money back. I’m done and have moved on. For those of you who were more understanding of my case, thank you for being polite and not judging me. It seems this forum has more bitterness and accusations than it does support. Thanks a bunch for those of you willing to empathize :).

Yeah, I’m just not feeding into any more of the negativity that went into my posted comment here. I know I did nothing wrong. And I have no idea what transpired on the other end. Although, I never thought of something someone else said–perhaps some tragedy happened and he or she had to cancel the order. But whatever the case, it’s no big deal. At lease I did get my money back. I’m done and have moved on. For those of you who were more understanding of my case, thank you for being polite and not judging me. It seems this forum has more bitterness and accusations than it does support. Thanks a bunch for those of you willing to empathize :).

I completely understand what you went through. I had a similar experience, even more scary than you had.

I contracted someone for a writing gig. He promised to deliver on Thursday but he didn’t. He told me he would deliver the unfailingly on Friday. I was very patient, I waited until Friday, yet he didn’t deliver the order. Again, he promised to deliver on Saturday but failed, promised Sunday, he failed to deliver. Then on Monday, I told he that if he didn’t deliver before 12pm, he shouldn’t bother delivering the book. He pleaded with me that he will deliver on or before 12 pm. At exactly 12pm, he told me he is almost done, that I should please be patient till 2pm. By 2pm, he informed me that he’s done and only checking for plagiarism and rewriting the plagiarized sentences and that he will deliver by 4pm. By 4pm he sent a document to me and told me not to use it as he is making some few corrections. I knew he was trying to buy more time. I was already done with him, I almost went mad.

What did I do? I cancelled the order and wished it happened here on fiverr, at least his rating would have gone down with his impression and gig ranking decreasing exponentially. On fiverr, you are protected more than you know, the system was built to protect and benefit buyers. Please move on and try to check recent reviews when next you want to hire a seller. Once again, accept the assurance of my most sincere sympathy.

I completely understand what you went through. I had a similar experience, even more scary than you had.

I contracted someone for a writing gig. He promised to deliver on Thursday but he didn’t. He told me he would deliver the unfailingly on Friday. I was very patient, I waited until Friday, yet he didn’t deliver the order. Again, he promised to deliver on Saturday but failed, promised Sunday, he failed to deliver. Then on Monday, I told he that if he didn’t deliver before 12pm, he shouldn’t bother delivering the book. He pleaded with me that he will deliver on or before 12 pm. At exactly 12pm, he told me he is almost done, that I should please be patient till 2pm. By 2pm, he informed me that he’s done and only checking for plagiarism and rewriting the plagiarized sentences and that he will deliver by 4pm. By 4pm he sent a document to me and told me not to use it as he is making some few corrections. I knew he was trying to buy more time. I was already done with him, I almost went mad.

What did I do? I cancelled the order and wished it happened here on fiverr, at least his rating would have gone down with his impression and gig ranking decreasing exponentially. On fiverr, you are protected more than you know, the system was built to protect and benefit buyers. Please move on and try to check recent reviews when next you want to hire a seller. Once again, accept the assurance of my most sincere sympathy.

Yep yep. So many sellers. This is why I try to go with the ones with at least 20+ people who have reviewed them and their rating is above 4.5. Like I said, it could have been a freak thing. Perhaps he was overbooked. Or perhaps some personal problems. Oh, well. I’ll survive. I’m very glad they have this system in place. Although I would prefer it if fiverr had a very clear indication near their rating system that shows potential customers how many cancellations that were made (by the vendor) or by the customer after the delivery date (because of being late or whatever). This seems reasonable.

Yep yep. So many sellers. This is why I try to go with the ones with at least 20+ people who have reviewed them and their rating is above 4.5. Like I said, it could have been a freak thing. Perhaps he was overbooked. Or perhaps some personal problems. Oh, well. I’ll survive. I’m very glad they have this system in place. Although I would prefer it if fiverr had a very clear indication near their rating system that shows potential customers how many cancellations that were made (by the vendor) or by the customer after the delivery date (because of being late or whatever). This seems reasonable.

by the customer after the delivery date (because of being late or whatever)

You do see those, in the reviews. 1 star review stating: “Cancelled order. Seller failed to deliver on time!”

by the customer after the delivery date (because of being late or whatever)

You do see those, in the reviews. 1 star review stating: “Cancelled order. Seller failed to deliver on time!”

but doesn’t that come at the cost of how much you paid?

If the order is very late (over 48 hours after the deadline, and nothing was delivered), buyer can cancel the order and get his funds back, and the automatic feedback is left on the seller’s profile.

If the order isn’t that late, then yes, your choice is between getting your funds back and leaving a feedback.

If the order is very late (over 48 hours after the deadline, and nothing was delivered), buyer can cancel the order and get his funds back, and the automatic feedback is left on the seller’s profile.

If the order isn’t that late, then yes, your choice is between getting your funds back and leaving a feedback.

Now why doesn’t Fiverr make this clear? lol. I don’t see them adding this information anywhere. They should have this information available upon the deadline of a job. Or, if the seller requests a cancellation, have a pop up that gives you this information.

Now why doesn’t Fiverr make this clear? lol. I don’t see them adding this information anywhere. They should have this information available upon the deadline of a job. Or, if the seller requests a cancellation, have a pop up that gives you this information.

When the order is very late, Fiverr messages the buyer and lets them know that they can cancel the order.

Yours was, apparently, not that late. The seller realized that they couldn’t do the job, and they gave you your money back. When they cancelled the order, it’s very likely that their gig dropped severely in the search; if they didn’t have many orders lately, they could have lost their level because of that one cancellation, too.

The seller gave you your funds back and harmed their own business while doing so. Was it not enough? What other punishment do you want for them?

hey should have this information available upon the deadline of a job. Or, if the seller requests a cancellation, have a pop up that gives you this information.

You can suggest this for Fiverr´s consideration, there is an extra forum category for such things (https://forum.fiverr.com/c/Fiverr-Site/Fiverr-Site-Suggestions), or you can send a ticket to Customer Support, they´ll forward it to the relevant people.

Archived