Unreasonable buyers

felipeharo80

Let’s imagine you have a gig that states “I will do a simple website for $100 in 2 days”.

Now a client comes and clicks on the order and in the requirements he says “I want a full social network, please read my 100 pages requirements, let me know tomorrow when you are done so I can review it”.

This situation just happened to me, and obviously I have to cancel it… The client got even angry because he needed his extensive requirement in an impossible time for an impossible price.

And cancellations affect your profile right? Or not?
What to do with these things?

Well if he declines the offer that would be a shame. This buyer tried to pull a fast one on you! Either he PAYS for it or finds another seller to do the job. Clear descriptions make a world of difference.

You have two options:

Numero #1️⃣ Undervalue your work and complete the job. (I wouldn’t recommend this at all)
Numero #2️⃣ Cancel, value your work. (this will affect your stats no matter how the pie is sliced)

Guest offlinehelpers

I don’t see a website design gig on your profile - is this a hypothetical question?

If it’s not and it has happened to you, then I agree with the previous posters who said your gig description needs to be clearer.

If the buyer then orders something which is clearly outwith the scope of your gig, don’t use the resolution centre, but contact CS to cancel the order.

I don’t see a website design gig on your profile - is this a hypothetical question?

If it’s not and it has happened to you, then I agree with the previous posters who said your gig description needs to be clearer.

If the buyer then orders something which is clearly outwith the scope of your gig, don’t use the resolution centre, but contact CS to cancel the order.

https://forum.fiverr.com/t/biohazard-cautious-cancelations-q-a-on-cancelations-and-evaluation-day-biohazard

yes this was an hypothetical question… I’m not a web developer… ok thanks i’m new so I cancelled the order already but next time I will contact customer service…

I don’t know how my gigs could be any clearer at this point really… If I have a 1 hour consultation defined and the client sends me a full project that would take around 100 hours to complete, i should have contacted customer service… my bad 😦

Guest offlinehelpers

yes this was an hypothetical question… I’m not a web developer… ok thanks i’m new so I cancelled the order already but next time I will contact customer service…

I don’t know how my gigs could be any clearer at this point really… If I have a 1 hour consultation defined and the client sends me a full project that would take around 100 hours to complete, i should have contacted customer service… my bad 😦

I’ve just looked at one of your gigs - I don’t understand a word of it BTW (😉).

However, you’ve got your packages split into time based units.

e.g.

Small multi-method model

A small and very simple model or module (5 hours of my time)

How would the buyer know before they ordered how you define ‘small’ and what would take 5 hours of your time?

Your description is very sparse - you could make far more of it to give your potential buyers more information.

Good luck! ☀️

I’ve just looked at one of your gigs - I don’t understand a word of it BTW (😉).

However, you’ve got your packages split into time based units.

e.g.

Small multi-method model

A small and very simple model or module (5 hours of my time)

How would the buyer know before they ordered how you define ‘small’ and what would take 5 hours of your time?

Your description is very sparse - you could make far more of it to give your potential buyers more information.

Good luck! ☀️

Well, you would understand it if you knew about simulations using vensim or anylogic (I think… maybe not?)… but a model can take between 1 and 100000 hours to complete… when a client sees that, I would expect them to contact me and ask me based on the requirements how many hours it would take. I wasn’t expecting someone to just click the cheapest order button and expect amazing results…

Nevertheless, you are right that my descriptions can always be better… I will think about them and make them better… But I really want to avoid a client just clicking the order button without talking to me… it’s crazy that they can do that…

Guest offlinehelpers

Well, you would understand it if you knew about simulations using vensim or anylogic (I think… maybe not?)… but a model can take between 1 and 100000 hours to complete… when a client sees that, I would expect them to contact me and ask me based on the requirements how many hours it would take. I wasn’t expecting someone to just click the cheapest order button and expect amazing results…

Nevertheless, you are right that my descriptions can always be better… I will think about them and make them better… But I really want to avoid a client just clicking the order button without talking to me… it’s crazy that they can do that…

But I really want to avoid a client just clicking the order button without talking to me… it’s crazy that they can do that…

You can’t I’m afraid - you can add ‘contact me before you order’ big and bold as many times as you like, but the buyer can indeed just order because that’s how Fiverr’s set up to work! 🙂

I would expect them to contact me and ask me based on the requirements how many hours it would take.

Hopefully your clients will be more deliberate and careful in their buying decision than the majority of them have been among the general selling community.

Archived