I need Christmas off. Dare I pause?

cyaxrex

Because I’m a human and a good Christian, I’m hosting a nice wee Christmas party this year which I have just bought a new sofa for (after promising myself that this is the last time I spend any more Bitcoin air money). The thing is, I’m supposed to have shopped and at least started decorating for this two days ago. Added to that:

• I currently have the worlds worst case of writer hair
  • Don’t currently own anything decent to wear
  • Possibly have forgotten how to cook
  • Have increasingly limited time to rectify any of this because people keep ordering massive amounts of work

Now, I can barrel through the next 24-hours. The thing is, there is no way I’m working Christmas Eve, Day or the day after. But what do I do?

• If I edit gig delivery times, gigs die because of editing
  • If I use vacation mode, all my gigs dissappear for about 30-days
  • If sales drop off as a result of any of the above, lower sales volumes might mean that my all green stats start reducing back toward demotion territory

I’m actually thinking of just telling regulars not to order and cancelling orders that do come in over Chiristmas itself. - I’m pretty sure that I can take the hit as far as stats go. What, however, is everyone else doing?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a new strategy for this which I am trialing for a longer period but in the short (2-3 day) periods I have tested it for, it has worked well - ie not caused the gig to drop off.
When I have enough orders in queue, I pause the gig(s) for a while and then reactivate them just before delivering the order. This stops too many coming in and makes it easier to plan. A lot of my orders are 10-30 day orders though so not sure if it would work for everyone.

Because I’m a human and a good Christian, I’m hosting a nice wee Christmas party this year which I have just bought a new sofa for (after promising myself that this is the last time I spend any more Bitcoin air money). The thing is, I’m supposed to have shopped and at least started decorating for this two days ago. Added to that:

• I currently have the worlds worst case of writer hair
  • Don’t currently own anything decent to wear
  • Possibly have forgotten how to cook
  • Have increasingly limited time to rectify any of this because people keep ordering massive amounts of work

Now, I can barrel through the next 24-hours. The thing is, there is no way I’m working Christmas Eve, Day or the day after. But what do I do?

• If I edit gig delivery times, gigs die because of editing
  • If I use vacation mode, all my gigs dissappear for about 30-days
  • If sales drop off as a result of any of the above, lower sales volumes might mean that my all green stats start reducing back toward demotion territory

I’m actually thinking of just telling regulars not to order and cancelling orders that do come in over Chiristmas itself. - I’m pretty sure that I can take the hit as far as stats go. What, however, is everyone else doing?

If I edit gig delivery times, gigs die because of editing

I have some good news there. If you edit the text of your gig description yes you disappear for review. If you simply tweak only your price or delivery time, then it slides by. They are checking to see if you have written anything untoward or added a link that should not be there. At least the last 2 times I edited my gigs it worked that way. Tomorrow, I am editing 3 day delivery to 10 to not work on Christmas either.

Just sayin…

Why do not you use Vacation Mode? It is more easier 🙂 I use it when i am on vacation.

Why do not you use Vacation Mode? It is more easier 🙂 I use it when i am on vacation.

Lots of folks say that they disappear from search for a good while after returning from vacation.

I have some good news there. If you edit the text of your gig description yes you disappear for review. If you simply tweak only your price or delivery time, then it slides by. They are checking to see if you have written anything untoward or added a link that should not be there. At least the last 2 times I edited my gigs it worked that way. Tomorrow, I am editing 3 day delivery to 10 to not work on Christmas either.

Just sayin…

I have some good news there. If you edit the text of your gig description yes you disappear for review. If you simply tweak your price or delivery time, then it slides by. They are checking to see if you have written anything untoward or added a link that should not be there. At least the last 2 times I edited my gigs it worked that way. Tomorrow, I am editing 3 day delivery to 10 to not work on Christmas either.

Just sayin…

If you are right about this I love you and hate you. I have been wanting to edit prices alone on my main gig for months now. I could have made millions!

Seriously, though, this is a huge help. Now I’ll simply edit delivery times on everything but my main gig (as I still don’t want to touch that) and leave the rest to a bit verbal slapping of anyone inconsiderate enough to order.

All hail @newsmike for saving Christmas. The Santa force is strong with this one.

I have some good news there. If you edit the text of your gig description yes you disappear for review. If you simply tweak your price or delivery time, then it slides by. They are checking to see if you have written anything untoward or added a link that should not be there. At least the last 2 times I edited my gigs it worked that way. Tomorrow, I am editing 3 day delivery to 10 to not work on Christmas either.

Just sayin…

If you are right about this I love you and hate you. I have been wanting to edit prices alone on my main gig for months now. I could have made millions!

Seriously, though, this is a huge help. Now I’ll simply edit delivery times on everything but my main gig (as I still don’t want to touch that) and leave the rest to a bit verbal slapping of anyone inconsiderate enough to order.

All hail @newsmike for saving Christmas. The Santa force is strong with this one.

Now I’ll simply edit delivery times on everything but my main gig

I do have a 3rd gig active all the time just to test stuff. Has worked that way so far for me. I have my fingers crossed. Of course you still have to answer messages within 24 hours, but i will have an auto respond for the phone that says, Gone fishing will respond next week.

The only other thing I do is uncheck express delivery, but that has been ok so far as well.

First time I used vacation mode in 2014 I had problems. Deathly quiet for a week.

I’ve used it two, maybe three times since (including for 2 weeks last Christmas) and never had any problems. In fact January this year, when I returned was one of my busiest months.

Way back I raised the concern about vacation mode causing issues with my seller success manager and they admitted there was a (supposed) bug that caused problems way back, but apparently no longer.

I have just turned on vacation mode for the next 2 weeks (though have 3 orders I’m wrapping up) and then I am taking a well earned break!

Now I’ll simply edit delivery times on everything but my main gig

I do have a 3rd gig active all the time just to test stuff. Has worked that way so far for me. I have my fingers crossed. Of course you still have to answer messages within 24 hours, but i will have an auto respond for the phone that says, Gone fishing will respond next week.

The only other thing I do is uncheck express delivery, but that has been ok so far as well.

Gone fishing will respond next week.

I’m stealing this idea as well. My autoresponse, however, will be; “Moonlighting as Santa Claus, regular service will resume shortly.”

First time I used vacation mode in 2014 I had problems. Deathly quiet for a week.

I’ve used it two, maybe three times since (including for 2 weeks last Christmas) and never had any problems. In fact January this year, when I returned was one of my busiest months.

Way back I raised the concern about vacation mode causing issues with my seller success manager and they admitted there was a (supposed) bug that caused problems way back, but apparently no longer.

I have just turned on vacation mode for the next 2 weeks (though have 3 orders I’m wrapping up) and then I am taking a well earned break!

I have just turned on vacation mode for the next 2 weeks

Do you have to respond to messages on vaca mode within 24 hours, or is that paused as well?

I have just turned on vacation mode for the next 2 weeks

Do you have to respond to messages on vaca mode within 24 hours, or is that paused as well?

I haven’t used vacation mode since the new metrics changes but you’ll still get penalised if you don’t respond in time I’d imagine. I’ve got a (polite) canned response letting them know I’m back on X date and if they still need my assistance then will gladly oblige. The app is always with me when I’m out and about so I always aim to respond to messages immediately (if I’m awake) , especially these days.

I paused my 24-hour proofreading gig and put the rest on 15-day delivery. I need to get ready for a family Christmas at my house. 🎄

I paused my 24-hour proofreading gig and put the rest on 15-day delivery. I need to get ready for a family Christmas at my house.

I would love to hear how pausing goes vs extended delivery in your situation.

Just sayin…

If you simply tweak only your price or delivery time, then it slides by.

I did that and my incredible sales volume stopped. I went for two days in a row with no sales and now get tiny sales, about two a day.

My gigs weren’t removed, but the impressions tanked to where no one was seeing my gigs. I’m still in that mode a week later.

I cannot just ignore Fiverr for a day when it takes me much longer to get ready to be the hostess for Christmas. Baking, grocery shopping and cleaning all take time. 🎄

Exactly. And this is what I hate about Fiverr. I told a buyer last night that I would not be available for any more orders until the day after Christmas and they have just bombed me with 3 x orders for 10 articles each.

I’m canceling them. I’m not going to be able to do the work to a decent standard anyway, as I’m now seething with resentment.

Exactly. And this is what I hate about Fiverr. I told a buyer last night that I would not be available for any more orders until the day after Christmas and they have just bombed me with 3 x orders for 10 articles each.

I’m canceling them. I’m not going to be able to do the work to a decent standard anyway, as I’m now seething with resentment.

Aww, I am sorry. Had you changed your delivery dates yet? This makes me think maybe for you vacation mode would work better. For me, a newbie, I do not get many people contacting me to buy a gig or even booking gigs, so the extended delivery time works better. To tell the truth I rarely even check on my impressions, clicks, and views. But then maybe I should be? 😕

I wish you a peaceful, restful Christmas. I sense you need it, my friend. 🎄

Exactly. And this is what I hate about Fiverr

If there is one thing that fiverr REALLY needs to implement it is a good out of office, auto respond system for those times when we simply need to be away. We are humans with families and other responsibilities. There should be a way to have a small banner at the top that allows maybe 140 characters so you could post something like the following.

"Hi, I am enjoying the holidays and will be shutting the studio down on 12/23rd at noon. I will reopen on 12/26 at noon. I will return your message then. Thanks.

This should also have an autoresponder that send the same message to anyone who messages you and allows you to not answer messages for that time. Then you don’t have to worry about religious holidays or answering messages while in the hospital with your granny.

Could be simple, just the message with a start/stop time and nothing more.

So how do we get someone from fiverr to actually see it? Perhaps copy @mjensen415 in? Perhaps in the spirit of the season, he’ll take pity and send this to someone who could propose it.

Honestly, this is a professional touch that almost any business would have, so it would be a real nice touch for fiverr.

Archived