I need Christmas off. Dare I pause?

cyaxrex

Why do not you use Vacation Mode? It is more easier 🙂 I use it when i am on vacation.

Lots of folks say that they disappear from search for a good while after returning from vacation.

Lots of folks say that they disappear from search for a good while after returning from vacation.

I’m experiencing this right now.

I’ve just returned from vacation. Before, I was receiving orders at least once every 2 days. I haven’t received an order in almost a week since returning.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly. And this is what I hate about Fiverr

If there is one thing that fiverr REALLY needs to implement it is a good out of office, auto respond system for those times when we simply need to be away. We are humans with families and other responsibilities. There should be a way to have a small banner at the top that allows maybe 140 characters so you could post something like the following.

"Hi, I am enjoying the holidays and will be shutting the studio down on 12/23rd at noon. I will reopen on 12/26 at noon. I will return your message then. Thanks.

This should also have an autoresponder that send the same message to anyone who messages you and allows you to not answer messages for that time. Then you don’t have to worry about religious holidays or answering messages while in the hospital with your granny.

Could be simple, just the message with a start/stop time and nothing more.

So how do we get someone from fiverr to actually see it? Perhaps copy @mjensen415 in? Perhaps in the spirit of the season, he’ll take pity and send this to someone who could propose it.

Honestly, this is a professional touch that almost any business would have, so it would be a real nice touch for fiverr.

If there is one thing that fiverr REALLY needs to implement it is a good out of office, auto respond system for those times when we simply need to be away. We are humans with families and other responsibilities. There should be a way to have a small banner at the top that allows maybe 140 characters so you could post something like the following.

"Hi, I am enjoying the holidays and will be shutting the studio down on 12/23rd at noon. I will reopen on 12/26 at noon. I will return your message then. Thanks.

This should also have an autoresponder that send the same message to anyone who messages you and allows you to not answer messages for that time. Then you don’t have to worry about religious holidays or answering messages while in the hospital with your granny.

So how do we get someone from fiverr to actually see it? Perhaps copy @mjensen415 in? Perhaps in the spirit of the season, he’ll take pity and send this to someone who could propose it.

Honestly, this is a professional touch that almost any business would have, so it would be a real nice touch for fiverr.

Newsmike, I love this suggestion! I work more than 12 hours every day, and it almost impossible for me to have a day off. When I do take off a few hours I really pay for it with having to put in even longer days, and nights to catch up… very taxing.

I went on vaca mode in November for 10 days, but I didn’t know that messages still come in and must be answered within 24 hours. I always answer everyone asap, but it can’t be done on a plane, or driving or trying to have any vacation at all. So, the response % went down, which is not good because of the new evaluation system. I got it back up but it is really difficult if one wants even one day off. So, I am worried because I really want to take off a week for Christmas. It would be so nice if the messages did not require the 24 hour response when on vacation… An auto reply would be a godsend, at least for vacation mode.

May I send your suggestion to fiverr team? It is very well written and thought out.

Love,

Blondey

Newsmike, I love this suggestion! I work more than 12 hours every day, and it almost impossible for me to have a day off. When I do take off a few hours I really pay for it with having to put in even longer days, and nights to catch up… very taxing.

I went on vaca mode in November for 10 days, but I didn’t know that messages still come in and must be answered within 24 hours. I always answer everyone asap, but it can’t be done on a plane, or driving or trying to have any vacation at all. So, the response % went down, which is not good because of the new evaluation system. I got it back up but it is really difficult if one wants even one day off. So, I am worried because I really want to take off a week for Christmas. It would be so nice if the messages did not require the 24 hour response when on vacation… An auto reply would be a godsend, at least for vacation mode.

May I send your suggestion to fiverr team? It is very well written and thought out.

Love,

Blondey

Hi @blondey

Yes, perhaps you can get someone to pay attention.

I got a nice reply!
Javier (Fiverr Customer Support)
Dec 19, 3:57 AM IST

Hello Blondey,

I am sorry to hear your vacation was interrupted but am glad to hear your response rate is back up again. Please note, when you activate vacation mode, no new messages can be sent to you and the only messages that can be sent are from orders that are still active. All other messages will receive a message saying that you cannot be reached but there are some rare occasions where a seller goes on vacation mode and receives new messages before they activate the feature and then miss the notifications about the new messages.

To avoid this from happening, when you activate the vacation mode, please make sure that all of your orders have been completed (unless you plan on finishing them while on vacation) and double check your message tab to see if any new messages snuck in.

I will certainly forward your suggestion for an auto reply to our product manager to consider for future improvements.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if any other issues arise.
Javier | Fiverr Customer Support
Please review our Fiverr Online Safety Tips
Fiverr Customer Support

To review the ticket comment history, follow the link below:

http://fiverr.zendesk.com/hc/requests/2435512

Thanks!
Fiverr Customer Support

I got a nice reply!

Hello Blondey,

I am sorry to hear your vacation was interrupted but am glad to hear your response rate is back up again. Please note, when you activate vacation mode, no new messages can be sent to you and the only messages that can be sent are from orders that are still active. All other messages will receive a message saying that you cannot be reached but there are some rare occasions where a seller goes on vacation mode and receives new messages before they activate the feature and then miss the notifications about the new messages.

To avoid this from happening, when you activate the vacation mode, please make sure that all of your orders have been completed (unless you plan on finishing them while on vacation) and double check your message tab to see if any new messages snuck in.

I will certainly forward your suggestion for an auto reply to our product manager to consider for future improvements.

Fiverr Customer Support

Thanks!

Fiverr Customer Support

Thank you Blondey, I know your input will help if anyone’s will.

I got a nice reply!

Hello Blondey,

Fiverr Customer Support

Thanks!

Fiverr Customer Support

I got a nice reply!

Nice. Thanks very much.

Archived