I need Christmas off. Dare I pause?

cyaxrex

Editing price, gig cover art, delivery time, gig description won’t get your gig disappeared from search. I tested it few times last week and my gig still on page 1 now.

You can extend your delivery time and raise your price already.
New year I should raise my price again, just like most of our government raise our electricity bill every year. 🙂

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be nice, but it doesn’t exist - yet! 🙂

So, is there an actual way to get this idea on the table? Don’t TRS have success managers that they can communicate with?

So, is there an actual way to get this idea on the table?

I would suggest to make a post under “Fiverr Site Suggestions”. Staff actually reads those and I am sure it will be taken into consideration.

So, is there an actual way to get this idea on the table?

I would suggest to make a post under “Fiverr Site Suggestions”. Staff actually reads those and I am sure it will be taken into consideration.

On it, a cheering section would help it gain attention.

Exactly. And this is what I hate about Fiverr

If there is one thing that fiverr REALLY needs to implement it is a good out of office, auto respond system for those times when we simply need to be away. We are humans with families and other responsibilities. There should be a way to have a small banner at the top that allows maybe 140 characters so you could post something like the following.

"Hi, I am enjoying the holidays and will be shutting the studio down on 12/23rd at noon. I will reopen on 12/26 at noon. I will return your message then. Thanks.

This should also have an autoresponder that send the same message to anyone who messages you and allows you to not answer messages for that time. Then you don’t have to worry about religious holidays or answering messages while in the hospital with your granny.

Could be simple, just the message with a start/stop time and nothing more.

So how do we get someone from fiverr to actually see it? Perhaps copy @mjensen415 in? Perhaps in the spirit of the season, he’ll take pity and send this to someone who could propose it.

Honestly, this is a professional touch that almost any business would have, so it would be a real nice touch for fiverr.

There should be a way to have a small banner at the top that allows maybe 140 characters so you could post something like the following.

"Hi, I am enjoying the holidays and will be shutting the studio down on 12/23rd at noon. I will reopen on 12/26 at noon. I will return your message then. Thanks.

I posted a similar idea a while back

I would love to have this feature as well. Looking forward to your post 🙌

There should be a way to have a small banner at the top that allows maybe 140 characters so you could post something like the following.

I posted a similar idea a while back

I would love to have this feature as well. Looking forward to your post 🙌

favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

Truly need better vacation/out of office tool. Please consider!

If there is one thing that fiverr REALLY needs to implement it is a good out of office, auto respond system for those times when we simply need to be away. We are humans with families and other responsibilities. There should be a way to have a small...

Reading time: 1 mins ? Likes: 52 ❤

I thought since I am a newer seller that I could fly under the radar so to speak. But even though I have all my gigs at a 10 day delivery time I just got two messages asking for both my standard rate and my urgent rate to proofread. 🤨

I guess I will need to do vacation rate

I sure that is expensive.

I guess I will need to do vacation rate

I sure that is expensive.

I meant vacation mode! But just now, I intended to bid $45 and mistakenly bid $4500 to proofread and rewrite 6000 words in 24 hours. The buyer said he about fell off of his chair because he got a glimpse of it before I withdrew it! :rofl:

My problem actually is rather those messages we need to answer within 24 hours than if I´d actually get an order and would work over Christmas. I’ve been thinking about editing delivery times but I´ll probably use Vacation Mode just to get a break from answering some kinds of messages from some kind of people (which will never turn into orders anyway) to keep it vague.

My problem actually is rather those messages we need to answer within 24 hours than if I´d actually get an order and would work over Christmas. I’ve been thinking about editing delivery times but I´ll probably use Vacation Mode just to get a break from answering some kinds of messages from some kind of people (which will never turn into orders anyway) to keep it vague.

I´ll probably use Vacation Mode just to get a break from answering some kinds of messages from some kind of people (which will never turn into orders anyway) to keep it vague.

See that’s where I get confused. I believe that although new folks can’t message you on vacation mode, your previous clients can, and if you don’t respond within 24 hours, you get dinged. Anyone on that?

Exactly. And this is what I hate about Fiverr

If there is one thing that fiverr REALLY needs to implement it is a good out of office, auto respond system for those times when we simply need to be away. We are humans with families and other responsibilities. There should be a way to have a small banner at the top that allows maybe 140 characters so you could post something like the following.

This should also have an autoresponder that send the same message to anyone who messages you and allows you to not answer messages for that time. Then you don’t have to worry about religious holidays or answering messages while in the hospital with your granny.

Could be simple, just the message with a start/stop time and nothing more.

So how do we get someone from fiverr to actually see it? Perhaps copy @mjensen415 in? Perhaps in the spirit of the season, he’ll take pity and send this to someone who could propose it.

Honestly, this is a professional touch that almost any business would have, so it would be a real nice touch for fiverr.

If there is one thing that fiverr REALLY needs to implement it is a good out of office, auto respond system

They will never do that. The idea is that we are supposed to personally answer every message. People would leave the auto responder on 24 hours a day every day. Fiverr doesn’t want that.

If they can get us all to answer every message in 24 hours like we do now why would they make it so we don’t have to?

If there is one thing that fiverr REALLY needs to implement it is a good out of office, auto respond system

They will never do that. The idea is that we are supposed to personally answer every message. People would leave the auto responder on 24 hours a day every day. Fiverr doesn’t want that.

If they can get us all to answer every message in 24 hours like we do now why would they make it so we don’t have to?

True!

I will go with miss crystal. Auto responders are not tolerated by fiverr.

The only best option the OP can use at the moment is the LIMITING SALES IN QUEUE option, which allows you to pause your gigs, and resume them at any period of time.

People would leave the auto responder on 24 hours a day every day.

That would mean that you would have to be in vacation mode that entire time as well. I am suggesting an autoresponder for only when you are in vacation mode, so that you don’t have to check messages while at the Eiffel tower.

People would leave the auto responder on 24 hours a day every day.

That would mean that you would have to be in vacation mode that entire time as well. I am suggesting an autoresponder for only when you are in vacation mode, so that you don’t have to check messages while at the Eiffel tower.

If the two are joined together so that you can only use the auto responder when on vacation mode then it would be doable. Let’s tell them to do that Mike.

If the two are joined together so that you can only use the auto responder when on vacation mode then it would be doable. Let’s tell them to do that Mike.

Yeah, I think that people who are really on vacation, or dealing with a family emergency should be able to not have to keep answering messages. Sometimes you just really need to get away.

Not really sure how to get anyone’s attention at fiverr.

I have a new strategy for this which I am trialing for a longer period but in the short (2-3 day) periods I have tested it for, it has worked well - ie not caused the gig to drop off.

When I have enough orders in queue, I pause the gig(s) for a while and then reactivate them just before delivering the order. This stops too many coming in and makes it easier to plan. A lot of my orders are 10-30 day orders though so not sure if it would work for everyone.

Thanks for sharing this,did you find your gig on rank when you play again?

I just went on vacation mode for the rest of December. Maybe I’ve just been lucky and have no place to talk, but I use vacation mode all the time and it has never hurt my sales.

I just went on vacation mode for the rest of December. Maybe I’ve just been lucky and have no place to talk, but I use vacation mode all the time and it has never hurt my sales.

Same here! I use Vacation Mode frequently to take days off due to either needing the time off or being swamped with orders. It has always worked for me and I always get sales immediately upon returning. That is, until I took this past October and November off (paused my gigs) to work on my own writing. Now I’m not getting any sales except to past buyers who waited for me to come back. Oh well…I’ll get back in business soon.

If I edit gig delivery times, gigs die because of editing

I have some good news there. If you edit the text of your gig description yes you disappear for review. If you simply tweak only your price or delivery time, then it slides by. They are checking to see if you have written anything untoward or added a link that should not be there. At least the last 2 times I edited my gigs it worked that way. Tomorrow, I am editing 3 day delivery to 10 to not work on Christmas either.

Just sayin…

Man, mine must be under massive review…I made some changes to better reflect my services and it’s been maybe 2 weeks and I’m still getting very few views on what are some top-selling gigs here on Fiverr. I don’t understand…and feel like whining about it! 😦

If you simply tweak only your price or delivery time, then it slides by.

I did that and my incredible sales volume stopped. I went for two days in a row with no sales and now get tiny sales, about two a day.

My gigs weren’t removed, but the impressions tanked to where no one was seeing my gigs. I’m still in that mode a week later.

I’m still suffering from this too! We can be miserable together, at least… 😦

Yeah, I think that people who are really on vacation, or dealing with a family emergency should be able to not have to keep answering messages. Sometimes you just really need to get away.

We have customer support but that probably won’t work.

Man, mine must be under massive review…I made some changes to better reflect my services and it’s been maybe 2 weeks and I’m still getting very few views on what are some top-selling gigs here on Fiverr. I don’t understand…and feel like whining about it! 😦

I made some changes to better reflect my services and it’s been maybe 2 weeks and I’m still getting very few views on what are some top-selling gigs here on Fiverr.

Yes same here. I have to whine about it or explode from frustration.

Archived