Buyer's Review & Ratio

gina_riley2

Yeah, Fiverr has some trust issues. I have especially, lost a lot of trust in buyers from specific countries. Even if they don’t ask for cancellation or a refund, they will kill you with modification request, which then I would cancel because of losing patience.

I don’t know how the pro guys are going to control stuff like this. Maybe, they are bit more protected on their pro gigs.

I don’t know how the pro guys are going to control stuff like this.

I think the high prices have a natural tendency of shielding against such buyers as many see them as being just exorbitant 👀

I think the high prices have a natural tendency of shielding against such buyers as many see them as being just exorbitant 👀

Interesting. But the “dears” might order expensive orders and request a cancellation after is completed. It happened to me.

I am tired, my flow of words in English isn’t that good as it was this morning. 🙂

I would like to see previous reviews buyers have left for sellers. I see no reason why we couldn’t see that information.

I would like to see previous reviews buyers have left for sellers. I see no reason why we couldn’t see that information.

Google is your best friend for that. Write this line in google search box :

site:https://www.fiverr.com NameOfTheBuyer

I don’t know if we can see all reviews. It would be interresting to try with buyers who buy a lot and leave lots of reviews.

For me, reviews are not interesting. I use these google’s results sometimes to see what my buyers are buying and to whom. I try to find if they have used other sellers who sell exactly the same gig as mine.

With this I have discovered that one of my buyer as bought many times to another french cheap seller and has left him 5 stars with great reviews but know he orders to me (and my prices are really much more expensive). I imagine that he has discovered that with me he has more qualitative work and he is ready to pay more.

Interesting. But the “dears” might order expensive orders and request a cancellation after is completed. It happened to me.

I am tired, my flow of words in English isn’t that good as it was this morning. 🙂

It´s endearing enough. (Your flow of words, that is, not the antics of the dears.)

My personal theory on that is that gig freak is right to be afraid but that while that shielding tendency exists, I´d argue the reason, my take is that they simply don´t have enough available balance for exorbitant prices. 😉

It may also deter good buyers. If they have never worked with you then they will have no idea if you’re a scam seller.

Experienced buyers like to “test” sellers with a small purchase before placing large order. I’ve been burnt once too often to fork out a lot of money just because a seller is a certain level.

It´s endearing enough. (Your flow of words, that is, not the antics of the dears.)

My personal theory on that is that gig freak is right to be afraid but that while that shielding tendency exists, I´d argue the reason, my take is that they simply don´t have enough available balance for exorbitant prices. 😉

Danke! I was really tired, at the time of writing that particular post.

is that they simply don´t have enough available balance for exorbitant prices.

I think that they recycle $50 or $70 for all of their projects.

Experienced buyers like to “test” sellers with a small purchase before placing large order. I’ve been burnt once too often to fork out a lot of money just because a seller is a certain level.

That’s why my basic gig starts at $10, and if the clients are happy, then they order larger packages which include more work. I know that you were talking about other people, but I wanted to have my ten cents. I mean after all $10 isn’t an expensive service for my gig considering the fact that I purchase stock photos, use legal Adobe creative cloud, pay premium subscriptions for Freepik and etc. 🙂

I don’t even offer higher priced services like a menu design, catalog, logo, and total branding services here on Fiverr. However, I would do that if I only get verified as a pro. 🙂

Danke! I was really tired, at the time of writing that particular post.

is that they simply don´t have enough available balance for exorbitant prices.

That’s why my basic gig starts at $10, and if the clients are happy, then they order larger packages which include more work. I know that you were talking about other people, but I wanted to have my ten cents. I mean after all $10 isn’t an expensive service for my gig considering the fact that I purchase stock photos, use legal Adobe creative cloud, pay premium subscriptions for Freepik and etc. 🙂

I don’t even offer higher priced services like a menu design, catalog, logo, and total branding services here on Fiverr. However, I would do that if I only get verified as a pro. 🙂

Gerne!

Yes! :thinking: someone voiced a very similar theory once, maybe even Gina?

buyer had a repetitive history of not paying then you knew to avoid them.

And this leads us to another point: how would a seller be able to avoid a buyer on Fiverr? :thinking:

Sure, Fiverr told us we can just say No in one of the Academy pages, yet I still don’t see any “No” system in the order or resolution center. I don’t see any way of saying No without the buyer first ordering and then having to cancel, and this is where it also gets tricky: how do you even make a buyer accept a cancellation request if they don’t want to, and without upsetting Fiverr?

As I said, there is no way to just say no to a buyer, not as long as the buyer decides whether to accept a cancellation request or not, and after having placed an order, which will also count against us in the end to some degree.

I don’t see any way of saying No without the buyer first ordering and then having to cancel,

This is something I´d LOVE to have.

For example, Client places the order. We receive notification where we can Accept or Decline. If we accept, the client moves forward with the order process, just like it does now. If we decline, good luck and sorry!

It could be similar to this ´´Available Now´´ feature. A button you could switch on/off. Something that automatically accepts the order as it is now. And another option that requires us to decide if we want to accept that order.

Another freelancing platform shows all of those parameters.

That´s the best part of it. I believe at a minimum we should be aware of the history the person we´ll be working with in a project has. Understanding the pros and cons; just like we publicly display ours. I don´t care about how much they´ve spent. But knowing hiring ratio, response rate, and general feedback is a great way to understanding another aspect of the client.

I don’t see any way of saying No without the buyer first ordering and then having to cancel,

This is something I´d LOVE to have.

For example, Client places the order. We receive notification where we can Accept or Decline. If we accept, the client moves forward with the order process, just like it does now. If we decline, good luck and sorry!

It could be similar to this ´´Available Now´´ feature. A button you could switch on/off. Something that automatically accepts the order as it is now. And another option that requires us to decide if we want to accept that order.

Another freelancing platform shows all of those parameters.

That´s the best part of it. I believe at a minimum we should be aware of the history the person we´ll be working with in a project has. Understanding the pros and cons; just like we publicly display ours. I don´t care about how much they´ve spent. But knowing hiring ratio, response rate, and general feedback is a great way to understanding another aspect of the client.

Possibly, I mean most of my cancellations requests are from buyers from three particular countries. I did my own statistics. 🙂

That´s the best part of it.

I Totally agree. Just this wont be possible for Fiverr because it’s a different type of a freelancing platform.

Possibly, I mean most of my cancellations requests are from buyers from three particular countries. I did my own statistics. 🙂

That´s the best part of it.

I Totally agree. Just this wont be possible for Fiverr because it’s a different type of a freelancing platform.

I hate cancellations! I´ve been here for almost a year and (lucky me I guess) only had 2 cancellations:

1 - Ordered by ´´accident´´

2 - Ordered without previous notice. I wasn´t available for what she needed on her deadline: Mutual cancellation.

So yes, having some kind of option that we can switch on /off would help.

it’s a different type of a freelancing platform.

Totally agree. They are a Work on Demand combined with Classified Ads. Fiverr is the Amazon for services, perhaps?

I hate cancellations! I´ve been here for almost a year and (lucky me I guess) only had 2 cancellations:

2 - Ordered without previous notice. I wasn´t available for what she needed on her deadline: Mutual cancellation.

Totally agree. They are a Work on Demand combined with Classified Ads. Fiverr is the Amazon for services, perhaps?

Exactly, Fiverr is supply driven, while * the other platforms* are demand driven. That’s why it would be hard to implement such parameters and statistics because Fiverr isn’t meant to be a platform like that. Or at least that’s my oppinion.

I totally get what everyone is saying, but . . .

As a buyer on Amazon, I get top notch service from their customer support. They are 100 times more professional and responsive than 5r will ever be – A++.

As a seller on Amazon, they suck. They have the, " If you don’t like what we’re doing, go elsewhere," attitude. They’re the largest platform for ebook – beating out Barnes&Noble and all the other book sellers.

I mean a 20 to 40 page short story – ebook shouldn’t be returnable, it’s $0.99 for goodness sake. People can be so cheap!!

Archived